forum

Cancel osu!updater if osu's running offline...

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
O2MasterFX
or osu fails to update after certain retries (having problem with connection)

I've been offline for the last couple days because of connection problem. When I wanna play offline, the osu updater is always coming. And when playing online but slow connection, osu's trying to update but keep stuck. I close the updater but it close osu instead.
Bara-
I agree!
Nanosinix
Yes, please! I had this happen to me once and it was really annoying... :cry:
abraker
I thought I saw this as a bug report months back.

But yea, have a cancel options if no internet is found.
HootOwlStar
this feature should be added to serve as a solution for the issue, even though it rarely happened it still is a problem for some players.
LastExceed
whats the point of the updater when updates can be done ingame anyway?
support
Nitrous

LastExceed wrote:

whats the point of the updater when updates can be done ingame anyway?
support
Updating the game before launch is okay since you don't have to restart the client. Maybe revise that to something like "Whats the point of the updater if you're offline anyway?"
Metaku
Afaik closing the updater should just launch osu instead without updating, at least that's how it works for me
Tanomoshii Nekojou

Metaku wrote:

Afaik closing the updater should just launch osu instead without updating, at least that's how it works for me
I'm actually running a cutting edge version and that doesn't work the same to me... Sometimes it takes 2-3 times for me to try to open osu! for the game to open... Most of the time when I try to open osu! it just restarts and close immediately... =_______=

It would be better if osu detects no internet connection was found, then it will automatically open osu! instead of staying in the updater and say the same word 'An error occurred while updating' (or something like that)...

EDIT: And that's also the reason why I want this -> https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/564134... But it was already denied.. :o :o