forum

[Archived] UPDATE BUG

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Candyfloss
Problem Details:
Peppy, everytime i update, this happens! EVEN THOUGH I HAVE WIFI CONNECTION >_< It's annoying because i uninstalled osu for like 3 times but now i don't want to update anymore because im scared that it'll happen again. I switched to beta then stable but it doesnt work.. Please help, Thank you!!!

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
]

osu! version: 20151030beta
peppy
Please stay on stable(fallback) for now. Also please give use network.log (in your osu!/Logs folder) as this will help us fix the problem.
Topic Starter
Candyfloss
Peppy, what am i going to do with the Logs folder? it's empty. I finished updating stable/fallback earlier but i still don't know how to fix it.

Chrono Indeks
I have exactly the same problem and it makes me really sad :/
Topic Starter
Candyfloss
I still cannot play online, I'm waiting for someone to help me fix this problem :/
Trosk-

Candyfloss wrote:

I still cannot play online, I'm waiting for someone to help me fix this problem :/
Change your release stream to Stable (Fallback) and see if you can connect.
Topic Starter
Candyfloss
I am already using Stable [Fallback] and nothing happened :<
Topic Starter
Candyfloss
Problem Details:
So--I uninstalled Osu for like 5 times then re-installed it.. It works fine and i can even play online with the old version but when I keep updating- this happens!! (dont mind the bg) I keep switching release streams but nothing helps, I've tried stable(fallback) but it says "connection failed..retrying in 30s" then, i switched to beta but it's still the same even though i have a wifi connection. I have a few questions.. Is it okay if i'm using the old version? Is it ok if i don't update the latest release streams?? Please help me, Thank you

(this is my second post about this problem xD)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Before

After updating

osu! version: 20151030beta
VeilStar
Keep to to one thread. I merged your new thread to this one as it's about the same issue.

Anyway, this seems like what happened here. In the case of that thread it somehow got fixed on its own.
Given that you can connect to Fallback if you don't update you should (as initially said) stay on that release stream. So yes, it's okay to use the old version and to not update.

peppy wrote:

Also please give use network.log (in your osu!/Logs folder) as this will help us fix the problem.