wendao
wooooo congrats
SrSkyPlayer
this spread wtf
Topic Starter
Bearizm

SrSkyPlayer wrote:

this spread wtf
care to explain what's wrong with it? If you're looking at the star difficulties, they don't really show u how the spread truly works due to how this is mapped.
Wafu

OzzyOzrock wrote:

Taiko'd!
As far as I know, using mod icons is now completely useless and shouldn't be done.

BN Rules wrote:

4.5. osu!/Taiko/CtB/osu!mania Icons

They used to have an actual meaning, but they do not have anymore. Using them brings you nothing, expresses nothing and does nothing. So don’t use them.
Raiden

Wafu wrote:

OzzyOzrock wrote:

Taiko'd!
As far as I know, using mod icons is now completely useless and shouldn't be done.

BN Rules wrote:

4.5. osu!/Taiko/CtB/osu!mania Icons

They used to have an actual meaning, but they do not have anymore. Using them brings you nothing, expresses nothing and does nothing. So don’t use them.
It is still a way for us non standard BNs to show our agreement of the non standard diffs in a hybrid set. We are free to do it. And to be honest, you shouldn't even be interfering with it. I'm pretty sure Ozzy is aware of it, as well as all of us.
Wafu
I wouldn't call it interfering. I said "as far as I know" so that it means "as far as I know", which means that from my knowledge and from what I've read, it shouldn't be used now. That means it can be different now and could have been changed. I don't see a reason why'd you say "you shouldn't even be interfering with it". I just wanted to know whether something changed without change in BN Rules and apparently, it's just saying: "This game mode is fine.", but still does have no meaning in the ranking process. Not knowing what do people in Taiko community do doesn't discourage me from mentioning it. So, sorry if you have a feel that I'm interfering, but it's not forbidden to have questions or mentions.
Raiden
That "rule" has been disregarded heavily by all non-standard nominators (specially Taiko and CtB, which have the less amount of BNs).

Theoretically it does not have any value in the ranking process, yet it actually does. No BN will qualify an hybrid set without knowing that the other mode's difficulties are fine. Not at least the ones with common sense.

Sorry about "jumping" on you, yet it was supposed to be pretty obvious.

Anyway GZ Bearizm and Nardo
Wafu
Well.. the "Taiko'd" being said just reminded me of time when this was used instead of bubble, so I was just thinking whether something changed to those icons or it's just for confirmation or he just didn't know that it doesn't count to mapcycle. That's just what I wanted to confirm. There are 3 possibilities, so it's not that "pretty obvious". That's just it, I didn't mean anything like: "Hey dude, those icons mean nothing how can you not know it", but it was just confirmation of which of these options it is. I couldn't see a thread where its usage is re-consulted for quality confirmation purposes, so no doubt I could be interested in what's happening.

Anyway gratz for a qualification as well :)
Topic Starter
Bearizm
Thank you, all :D

As for the icons, I didn't know you don't need icons for Hybrid sets anymore. Thanks for informing me that, I can finally get taiko difficulties in peace without worrying about icons =w=b
Nardoxyribonucleic
Although mode-specific icons do not have actual value in ranking process (only bubbles, hearts and fires are worth now), they could show that a specific mode is ready for qualification. Therefore, they can still be used for reassurance among BNs specializing in different modes.
Topic Starter
Bearizm

Nardoxyribonucleic wrote:

Although mode-specific icons do not have actual value in ranking process (only bubbles, hearts and fires are worth now), they could show that a specific mode is ready for qualification. Therefore, they can still be used for reassurance among BNs specializing in different modes.
you're the only person I'll ever ask for Taiko GDs so I think I won't be needing that <3
Guy
Hello!

We have found some potential issues that we feel are important enough to address before continuing:

General

delay of custom hitsound

• Ranking Criteria wrote:

1. Hitsounds must have an acceptable range of delay under 5ms, unless there's a special purpose. Every hitsound file should start in time, preferrably at 0ms. This is to ensure that every map doesn't sound mistimed, and therefore could provide acceptably synchronized rhythm feedback to players.According to Ranking Criteria, You must be remove delay of soft-hitnormal3.wav <- check this pic.
    and Try to add this instead of it.

If you disagree with these suggestions, please reply to this thread justifying why so we can discuss alternatives.

Otherwise, please reply to this thread when these issues are resolved.

Thanks for working with us towards higher quality beatmaps, we hope to see your beatmap ranked soon!
Topic Starter
Bearizm

Guy wrote:

Hello!

We have found some potential issues that we feel are important enough to address before continuing:

General

delay of custom hitsound

• Ranking Criteria wrote:

1. Hitsounds must have an acceptable range of delay under 5ms, unless there's a special purpose. Every hitsound file should start in time, preferrably at 0ms. This is to ensure that every map doesn't sound mistimed, and therefore could provide acceptably synchronized rhythm feedback to players.According to Ranking Criteria, You must be remove delay of soft-hitnormal3.wav <- check this pic.
    and Try to add this instead of it.

If you disagree with these suggestions, please reply to this thread justifying why so we can discuss alternatives.

Otherwise, please reply to this thread when these issues are resolved.

Thanks for working with us towards higher quality beatmaps, we hope to see your beatmap ranked soon!
;w; I thought hitsounds like this can be delayed? I was wrong.

fixed
hehe
Topic Starter
Bearizm

handsome wrote:

gh
Guy
ok!
Sonnyc

handsome wrote:

ROFL

That was fast btw