72.29%
No
27.71%
Total votes: 83
show more
oddysea682
I liked "Call it Courage" and "The Cricket in Time Square"
Two_old
I'm going to share with all of you a piece of information, should the world ever have the misfortune of you procreating: reading to your baby within days of it's birth will make them smarter.
Adarin

Two wrote:

I'm going to share with all of you a piece of information, should the world ever have the misfortune of you procreating: reading to your baby within days of it's birth will make them smarter.
That's what they say, along with Mozart's music.
anonymous_old

Two wrote:

within days of it's birth
Clearly your parents anti-read to you.
Powerdrone
The Hunger Games was a poorly written book. The only decent part was when the main character was actually in the arena. The beginning and the ending are both horrid and I never read the other books in the series.

I'm currently reading the Dexter series. I've read Darkly Dreaming Dexter and Dearly Devoted Dexter and I love them. They aren't the best books I've read, but they certainly grab my attention and do a great job of keeping me interested.

My favorite author is John Wyndham.

tl;dr: books are awesome unless they suck
Adarin
Just finished Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder - it's a pretty good read if you're willing to trudge through all the philosophical history that comes with it.
Esupanitix
...WHAT THE F*CK IS A BOOK?

Or at least that's what the idiots who type idle letters in and call them words would say. A Series of Unfortunate Events and 39 Clues or bust.
Rantai
For some reason I'm really attached to the Redwall series.

Otherwise I do love my books that involve Roman legions.
ZonChau
Now adays I usually read nonfiction books to learn about cool stuff. Recently read a book about a guy that tried to understand why things break.
Powerdrone

WeegeevsWeegee wrote:

...WHAT THE F*CK IS A BOOK?

Or at least that's what the idiots who type idle letters in and call them words would say. A Series of Unfortunate Events and 39 Clues or bust.

That explains it.

Series of Unfortunate Events was good from what I can remember though.
Cuddlebun
Lenin's Embalmers is fairly interesting if you skip over the parts where Zbarsky talks about his family and other boring crap unrelated to CHEMICALS ALL OVER LENIN MMMMMM
Rena-chan
No, letters like to grow legs and run away from me when I look at them. :(
I have so many books filled with empty pages because of this. :( :(
Takuma

Randy96 wrote:

What the **** is a book
Not a sports page,
not a magazine,
but a book nigga,
a fucking book nigga.
Larto

Powerdrone wrote:

Series of Unfortunate Events was good from what I can remember though.
Ah I loved that series when I was younger. The ending left me a bit disappointed because a lot of stuff weren't really cleared up iirc =[

Also yes I do read books, crime thrillers and such. Really enjoyed Cody McFadyen's Smoky Barrett and Simon Beckett's David Hunter series for example.
Mashley
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Anyone who hasn't read at least the first one sucks.
Firo Prochainezo

Mashley wrote:

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Anyone who hasn't read at least the first one sucks.
I'm reading the Ultimate version (with all the books in one book).
Takuma
you guys suck

RAINBOW FISH was the best book ever
Lunah_old
ofc.
Jarby

Larto wrote:

Ah I loved that series when I was younger. The ending left me a bit disappointed because a lot of stuff weren't really cleared up iirc =[
I didn't read it, but The Beatrice Letters probably made some stuff more clear.
bagnz0r
Of course I do.

Now for the Japanese philology part~
Sekuyi
mangas don't count, right? :D

I've only got a crappy cam in my mobile so here some google pics from the covers:
<- totally boring
<- pretty nice
eru
i liek comic books
TTTTTTTTTTTT
novel~
Robloxman41

iMuffin wrote:

I love to read, I do it all the time
yeah
Yoichi Sturmhimmel
My English Teacher complained, that I read too much... if that doesn't give you an indication try about 4 books per week at 1 hour per day.
[Shalon]
Sure. that's what I mostly do when I'm free, haha.

I usually read 4books each weeks. (Include re-read, haha)
LaCreme

Yoichi Sturmhimmel wrote:

My English Teacher complained, that I read too much... if that doesn't give you an indication try about 4 books per week at 1 hour per day.
Your english teacher must be hack thinking 4 books per week is too much
djyellow22
Nonfiction is my thing, but I also read gaming magazines, graphic Novels, and other things
IppE
reading The Cat Who Ate Danish Modern, mainly cause english teacher told me to read something.
DjKniteX
I have alot of mystery novels, so especially Sherlock Holmes. and they never get old :D