Yes
72.29%
No
27.71%
Total votes: 83
show more
Mogsy
Moving to GD after this post.

I do, in fact, read books (Going for an English literature minor, actually). Quite often, at that. Lately, though, I've been sticking my usual authors when reading for the hell of it (Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman, Carl Hiaasen, and H.P. Lovecraft) because it's been far too long since I've read any of their stuff. :?
anonymous_old
I read magazines when memtest86+ is running (and for whatever reason I'm not sleeping) and I don't have much to do on my laptop.

But who is You???
Daru
I'm actually illiterate, and therefore cannot read books.
Ekaru
I love reading books! It's a really nice and easy way to get into some good stories. Can be expensive sometimes, though. Damn publishers and their exploiting of us.
kino77
Books are great~
I love them~
Now reading How many flowers falling in dreams by Echo
Sallad4ever
Yup books are great
My primary reason is the same as Adarin and beside my eyes can't last long in front of monitor
I mostly read Adventure or Fantasy novel but lately I want to read Horror/Mystery genre

Any good recommendation (classic is fine) ?
Claudia_old
books <3

finished the Millennium Trilogy before school started, and i'm starting The Hunger Games [and the rest of the books in that series]

yeeey
Pokebis
Books are generally even more boring than movies. If I can't interact with it (via intended means), it sucks.
Jarby

Pokebis wrote:

Books are generally even more boring than movies. If I can't interact with it (via intended means), it sucks.
You're doing it wrong.
LuigiHann
I used to read books from time to time. I haven't read one in a couple years, although I have been listing to audiobooks occasionally.

also I like carving books up to put ipods in them
Topic Starter
[DG2L]YungYeezy
Hey, nice posts so far. Btw for now on, blogs and facebook don't count.
awp
I got my Scott Pilgrim books today. After that, once I'm back in the reading spirit, it'll probably be Silence of the Lambs for me.
adam2046
I was going to read "Cryptonomicon" by Neal Stephenson (as his other books I've read are awesome) but I ended up getting distracted near the start and never finished it.
I am also currently using his other book "Anathem" in conjunction with X-Files box sets as a makeshift table.

I think the last book I actually finished was Matthew Reilly's latest book.
Azure_Kite
I enjoyed the His Dark Materials Trilogy, and uhh....... some series by Traci Harding involving time travel.

I need to read more. Oh well.
Cuddlebun

E-Hooker wrote:

books <3

finished the Millennium Trilogy before school started, and i'm starting The Hunger Games [and the rest of the books in that series]

yeeey
aah I need to finish the Hunger Games series before some douche in my classes spoils it
Wojjan
I like Franz Kafka.
Lizzehb
Just finished Go Ask Alice the other day.
And before that i finished Burned from the house of night series.

Damn...I need new books.
iMuffin

lizzehb wrote:

Just finished Go Ask Alice the other day.
And before that i finished Burned from the house of night series.

Damn...I need new books.
Lies! you don't read
Lizzehb
Yes I do!
Firo Prochainezo
Reading The Ultimate HitchHiker's Guide.

Bloody funny.
iMuffin
I read books, and I am the only one left in the world who does
Lizzehb

iMuffin wrote:

I read books, and I am the only one left in the world who does
BS
oddysea682
I liked "Call it Courage" and "The Cricket in Time Square"
Two_old
I'm going to share with all of you a piece of information, should the world ever have the misfortune of you procreating: reading to your baby within days of it's birth will make them smarter.
Adarin

Two wrote:

I'm going to share with all of you a piece of information, should the world ever have the misfortune of you procreating: reading to your baby within days of it's birth will make them smarter.
That's what they say, along with Mozart's music.
anonymous_old

Two wrote:

within days of it's birth
Clearly your parents anti-read to you.
Powerdrone
The Hunger Games was a poorly written book. The only decent part was when the main character was actually in the arena. The beginning and the ending are both horrid and I never read the other books in the series.

I'm currently reading the Dexter series. I've read Darkly Dreaming Dexter and Dearly Devoted Dexter and I love them. They aren't the best books I've read, but they certainly grab my attention and do a great job of keeping me interested.

My favorite author is John Wyndham.

tl;dr: books are awesome unless they suck
Adarin
Just finished Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder - it's a pretty good read if you're willing to trudge through all the philosophical history that comes with it.
Esupanitix
...WHAT THE F*CK IS A BOOK?

Or at least that's what the idiots who type idle letters in and call them words would say. A Series of Unfortunate Events and 39 Clues or bust.
Rantai
For some reason I'm really attached to the Redwall series.

Otherwise I do love my books that involve Roman legions.
ZonChau
Now adays I usually read nonfiction books to learn about cool stuff. Recently read a book about a guy that tried to understand why things break.
Powerdrone

WeegeevsWeegee wrote:

...WHAT THE F*CK IS A BOOK?

Or at least that's what the idiots who type idle letters in and call them words would say. A Series of Unfortunate Events and 39 Clues or bust.

That explains it.

Series of Unfortunate Events was good from what I can remember though.
Cuddlebun
Lenin's Embalmers is fairly interesting if you skip over the parts where Zbarsky talks about his family and other boring crap unrelated to CHEMICALS ALL OVER LENIN MMMMMM
Rena-chan
No, letters like to grow legs and run away from me when I look at them. :(
I have so many books filled with empty pages because of this. :( :(
Takuma

Randy96 wrote:

What the **** is a book
Not a sports page,
not a magazine,
but a book nigga,
a fucking book nigga.
Larto

Powerdrone wrote:

Series of Unfortunate Events was good from what I can remember though.
Ah I loved that series when I was younger. The ending left me a bit disappointed because a lot of stuff weren't really cleared up iirc =[

Also yes I do read books, crime thrillers and such. Really enjoyed Cody McFadyen's Smoky Barrett and Simon Beckett's David Hunter series for example.
Mashley
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Anyone who hasn't read at least the first one sucks.
Firo Prochainezo

Mashley wrote:

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Anyone who hasn't read at least the first one sucks.
I'm reading the Ultimate version (with all the books in one book).
Takuma
you guys suck

RAINBOW FISH was the best book ever
Lunah_old
ofc.
show more