What dpi should I play with?

posted
Total Posts
26
show more
Christopaz
Welp, I'm so sad people dishing out against high DPI.

I got used to 2400 DPI, maybe I should go lower if other people do that too...
A Medic
800 dpi
Endaris
300-700 for palm grip, 700-1600 for claw, 1400-2400 for fingertip(after multipliers) also depends a lot on resolution. But I'd think that these are the dpi-areas you want to move in with the different grips, 3k seems a bit too high for me.
otoed1
lets go 2 dpi!
ZenithPhantasm

Endaris wrote:

300-700 for palm grip, 700-1600 for claw, 1400-2400 for fingertip(after multipliers) also depends a lot on resolution. But I'd think that these are the dpi-areas you want to move in with the different grips, 3k seems a bit too high for me.
That's completely wrong.
Fingertip grip actually has the greatest range of movement. I use fingertip grip at 450 dpi and have no such problem.
Qenomo

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Endaris wrote:

300-700 for palm grip, 700-1600 for claw, 1400-2400 for fingertip(after multipliers) also depends a lot on resolution. But I'd think that these are the dpi-areas you want to move in with the different grips, 3k seems a bit too high for me.
That's completely wrong.
Fingertip grip actually has the greatest range of movement. I use fingertip grip at 450 dpi and have no such problem.
That's not necessarily wrong. Fingertip can be generally conceived as being the best grip for high DPI.
Endaris
It depends a lot on mouseshape but in general it's hard to securely grip your mouse with a fingertip grip and then move it fast over big distances due to low dpi without tensing your fingers superhard(which is not good) or running into the danger of losing control over the mouse.
Not saying it's not possible but there can be problems.
ZenithPhantasm

PheysHunt wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Fingertip grip actually has the greatest range of movement. I use fingertip grip at 450 dpi and have no such problem.
That's not necessarily wrong. Fingertip can be generally conceived as being the best grip for high DPI.
For high dpi you want stability which palm grip offers. Fingertip grip is by far the least stable grip but gives very high agility and range of motion at the expense of stability.
ZenithPhantasm

Endaris wrote:

It depends a lot on mouseshape but in general it's hard to securely grip your mouse with a fingertip grip and then move it fast over big distances due to low dpi without tensing your fingers superhard(which is not good) or running into the danger of losing control over the mouse.
Not saying it's not possible but there can be problems.
This my biggest problem with my G303. The mouse too narrow which is why I MIGHT be getting a CM Xornet 2 when it hits the shores of US.
Christopaz
I just feel like playing fingertip while at low DPI decreases your stamina a lot.
-MuhQ
I'm palm grip player and during my 7 months osu career I slowly went from 600 to 1400 dpi and I use fullscreen 1920x1080, my experience is that high dpi help you so much!!! But it makes you a bit less precise but that can be corrected by playing a lot and gaining muscle memory or something..
ZenithPhantasm

Christopaz wrote:

I just feel like playing fingertip while at low DPI decreases your stamina a lot.
It really does. I got somewhat used to it by playing DT+Relax for months.
Topic Starter
Amnesian
thx all for advice.
Topic Starter
Amnesian
I've really improved since I switched to 1500 dpi, was a very good decision. and again, thx all for advice
Please sign in to reply.

New reply