forum

There should be a default HP drain/OD right?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sadisticpenguin
There should be a default HP drain/OD for all songs right? if there is please tell me the values and i would like to change edit all songs to it. HP drain below 7 is a joke, doesn't seems like anyone would really die from it.
Hinpoppo

Sadisticpenguin wrote:

There should be a default HP drain/OD for all songs right? if there is please tell me the values and i would like to change edit all songs to it. HP drain below 7 is a joke, doesn't seems like anyone would really die from it.
TFW I can pass air raid with hp 6 by rolling face on keyboard.
Even 7 is a bit low. I suggest 8 HP as a minimum and OD ~8 or 9.
There isn't really a default; it's what people want. If you want a song to be hp5 so you can mash to your heart's content, you go for it. Same goes for OD I guess.

But honestly, why do all of that when you have hardrock?
Evening
Maaaybe (just my guidelines)

Easy - Hard: Talking about those under 4*, HP should be >7 else you really can't die
Hard - Insane: Around 4*-5* probably, HP should be >7.5
Insane - Extra: Around 5* - 6*, HP should be >8.0, this is kinda my level so i'm rather certain this is an appropriate drain to omit those who mash to pass the song
Exceptions: Probably some joke/gimmicky maps with spikes and SVs that hits your HP hard, they might consider lowering it so that you don't get instantly KO-ed

OD is rather subjective, don't think you can have a fixed OD to a certain star rating but instead on how it is structured. LN-filled maps should and are probably allowed to have OD lower than 6 or even 5 due to their nature (talking about ranking).

These are all just guidelines that you can follow if you don't want players to be mashing or dying even though they are doing good, if you have other ideas for maps such as letting the player enjoy a rainbow rain you can set it on OD 0 etc.
Topic Starter
Sadisticpenguin
well some songs like identity 2, i doubt anyone can pass it with OD 8 just because of the nature of the song. Wish they would increase the base hp and reduce the hp regen. Kind of annoys me that the HP drain and regen are interlinked.
Aqo
HP9 is both easier than Easy gauge on LR2 and easier than HX gauge in O2Jam. Just some food for thought.

(i.e. anything below HP9 is just pure spam)
Topic Starter
Sadisticpenguin

Aqo wrote:

HP9 is both easier than Easy gauge on LR2 and easier than HX gauge in O2Jam. Just some food for thought.

(i.e. anything below HP9 is just pure spam)
you lost me there pal i have no idea what u are talking about, the only jargon i know is O2Jam cause i played that game haha
Rori Vidi Veni
This informative post will be deleted anyway, just move along