forum

[duplicate] Increase possible distance spacing

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Irreversible
Hello everyone, I'd like to suggest to increase the possible amount of distance snap you can get with the tool being offered by the editor to 4.0x (more or less, or more)
I'll just put two pictures to explain what I want to suggest:

That's it already, have a nice day/afternoon/evening/whatever!
Bara-
YES PLEASE
Arphimigon
All my yes, this would be so helpful on maps with really slow SV but big jumps and general spacing.
Okoratu
Supporting, depending on the SV, some kind of setups can become really annoying to deal with as a mapper.

Example would be my low SV set's Hard: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/580733
Depending on the part the objects are distancesnapped to either 2.5x or 2.2x, manually because Distance Snapping like this post suggests is not supported.
Because I can see myself doing such a set again sometime, I'd like to see this feature implemented to save myself hours of being annoyed lol

You have 0 vote(s) remaining.
f
Kroytz
Yes please
Hula
YE!

Maybe a DS of up to 3.0x, 4.0x too works. The current DS max snap is outdated beyond belief.

This would help solve a lot of issues with mappers wanting to disregard the DS snap tool entirely because of jumps. This would allow for much easier structured harder maps.
JBHyperion
This would be so useful for CtB mappers as well - unless you're working at insanely high BPM, the current DS limit isn't enough to make anything more than really simple jumps. Hyperdash will typically kick in around 3-4x DS so the proposed increase should be enough for most purposes although some Overdose/Extra icon diffs can use anything up to 6-8x DS

Absolutely yes please.
Yauxo
Yesh, please add that.
Bara-
Topic Starter
Irreversible

Baraatje123 wrote:

Oh wait
This thread is dead, mapping has changed, new attempt.
Bara-
4 months latest post
Ok
abraker

Irreversible wrote:

Baraatje123 wrote:

Oh wait
This thread is dead, mapping has changed, new attempt.
Then shouldnt the other be marked invalid?
Topic Starter
Irreversible

Baraatje123 wrote:

4 months latest post
Ok
Somehow it was not possible to go to page 2, so the last post I saw was 2 years, lol
BoberOfDarkness
That idea is cool, good luck with that!
Trosk-

Irreversible wrote:

Somehow it was not possible to go to page 2, so the last post I saw was 2 years, lol
Because of this t/95686

Well, I guess that would be better to bump the old one. t/151689