forum

Initialization Error - Read before post...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
foboman
Ok, actually I have the Initialization Error.

I've read the FAQ.

What's the big deal?

I've got .net Framework 3.0 installed.

So, if I got the .net 3.0 installed, why the Initialization Error?

I don't want to sound too rude, but I'm italian so I don't know a lot of english statements, sorry.
peppy
Can you try installing the one linked on the download page? I'm not sure if 3.0 alone has backwards compatibility (although it definitely should).
Topic Starter
foboman
To be honest, the first time I've tried to install osu! was some time ago, it was installed the .net framework 2.0, but it gave me the same initialization error, at that time I don't really cared, so I simply renunced to play the game.

Recentely, I've remembered the game and the problem, so, thinking that with the 3.0 I would not have any problem, I've tried again to install it, but it was useless, because the problem still goes on.

Anyway, at the moment I've got the .net framework 1.1, 2.0 and 3.0 installed...
peppy
Care to provide futher details?

Operating system?
Regional informations (language etc)?
Any antivirus/spyware apps?
When you get the error? (osume or osu.exe?)
Did you use the installer?
Can you run other .net apps?
Topic Starter
foboman

peppy wrote:

Care to provide futher details?

Operating system?
Regional informations (language etc)?
Any antivirus/spyware apps?
When you get the error? (osume or osu.exe?)
Did you use the installer?
Can you run other .net apps?
Let's see...

Windows XP Media Center Edition - Service Pack 2
Italian Language (I don't think it's a problem because on a friend of mine's pc it works)
Avira AntiVir and SpyBot S&D enabled
The error come when I try to start the game with double-clicking on the desktop icon (i can't neither start the updater)
Yes, I've used the installer, I've tried to re-download it just in case, but it didn't work.
Can I run other .net apps? Yes, I can run Paint .Net.

Thanks, for the answers and for the time you're spending for my problems, I appreciate it.

EDITED:

It's strange, but I've tried to start the game on another session and... it works °_°
If I try to start it on my session I get the Initialization Error, but on my brother's it works (at least until 3 minutes ago, I don't know if it still works XD).

Ok, now I can play the game but how it is possible? °°
Topic Starter
foboman
sry for flooding but I've edited my previous post.
peppy
It may be that you don't have administrative privileges, or for some other reason your account is being denied access to run .NET applications. Can you try making your windows user account an administrator?
Topic Starter
foboman
I've checked and my account is an administrator account...
Probably my account have problems in recognizing the .net framework, but Paint.Net (which requires .net, of course) works fine.

This sureley daze me.