forum

[resolved] Can't Open osu! in OpenGL Mode

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bachia
Problem Details:

So I have very old laptop, and I can't open osu! when I switch to stable (Latest) or newer versions... it just opens and when I press play it Crashes or stucks... I'm Playing on Stable (Fallback) on DirectX and it plays Normally... as I Know after that big update DirectX Renderer will be removed... so there is no chance I can continue playing osu! without Buying New PC or laptop?

osu! version: 20151016.7
Trosk-
Did you try the "Compatibility mode" option in new builds? If you can't run osu! with it disabled, give it a try. To enable it, press Shift while opening osu! and hold it until a config window pops up, enable the Compatibility mode option and then try to run osu!
Topic Starter
Bachia

Trosk- wrote:

Did you try the "Compatibility mode" option in new builds? If you can't run osu! with it disabled, give it a try. To enable it, press Shift while opening osu! and hold it until a config window pops up, enable the Compatibility mode option and then try to run osu!
Yes I tried it... doesn't work for me... It doesn't crash anymore but screen stucks... I can hear music playing but can't do anything there black screen after I press play button on main menu
Trosk-
Then I would say you are out of luck... Do you know if you have your GPU drivers up to date? If not, probably updating to the latest available version (I'm saying this because it's an old PC) could help. If not, I guess your only option is to stick to Stable Fallback for now.
Topic Starter
Bachia

Trosk- wrote:

Then I would say you are out of luck... Do you know if you have your GPU drivers up to date? If not, probably updating to the latest available version (I'm saying this because it's an old PC) could help. If not, I guess your only option is to stick to Stable Fallback for now.
I just Updated my GPU drivers and now it is fixed and working correctly. Thank you very much for your assistance.