forum

Kitsune^2 - Rainbow Tylenol

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nilsso
star for the "hell" only.
Jako87
Star. IMO this would fit in ranked too rather than aproval.
Hellzero

Jako87 wrote:

Star. IMO this would fit in ranked too rather than aproval.
W-w-what? You are seriously? D:

Hell diff so crazy. Favorited. Star~
NoHitter
Well if all difficulties are going for ranking except Hell.
Bubble #1.
Skystriker_old
star 8-)
wtftw
star :o
Shino
Star, but pop the bubble for a moment please.
I played several times on ctb and found that Hell difficulty has a SERIOUS problem.

AiMod wrote:

01:02:482 (5,6) - These two objects are less than 10ms apart!
Hamuko

Shino wrote:

I played several times on ctb and found that Hell difficulty has a SERIOUS problem.

AiMod wrote:

Why is two objects being less than 10ms apart a problem? inb4ididn'tcheckit
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Shino wrote:

AiMod wrote:

1/8 sliderstream. You don't have to click the end of the slider AFAIK. It should be VERY playable if you're not using a touchscreen which you can't do a second click in anyway.
Shiirn

Blue Dragon wrote:

Shino wrote:

1/8 sliderstream. You don't have to click the end of the slider AFAIK. It should be VERY playable if you're not using a touchscreen which you can't do a second click in anyway.
Sucks shit for touchscreen users, eh?
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Shiirn wrote:

Blue Dragon wrote:

Sucks shit for touchscreen users, eh?
Who the fuck would play a map like this in touchscreen when you can't do second click?

a.k.a. chipscape
Shino

Blue Dragon wrote:

No, not that. That AiMod said "Two circles are overlapped". You should have definitely noticed it.
Topic Starter
Mismagius
01:02:482 (5,6) - This is what AIMod points. It's a 1/8 triple-beat stack, just that. It's incredibly fast, but possible.
Shino

Blue Dragon wrote:

01:02:482 (5,6) - This is what AIMod points. It's a 1/8 triple-beat stack, just that. It's incredibly fast, but possible.
Have you thought why 7 goes after 3-4-5?
Drag the 5th note to other space and you will know it.
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Shino wrote:

Blue Dragon wrote:

Have you thought why 7 goes after 3-4-5?
Drag the 5th note to other space and you will know it.
Ooooooooooooooooh I see.

Sorry for making it hard for you to explain. xD

Popping the bubble.
Sander-Don
:oops:
Priestess_old
:)
Doomsday
Ahh, sorry for the delay. Better late than never though :)

1. Timing sounds about right to me
[XGOR'S SIMPLE]

Looks clean, and nicely structured. Only thing I'd say, is that at times, it sticks to 1/1 beats, where there is a nice rhythm you could have mapped to more (thinking of parts like 00:07:705 - 00:17:482, 01:05:482 - 01:09:927 etc). I think some 1/3 sliders would work at the section at 1:05 personally. It's a nice difficulty though as is. Nothing much to report.

[DC'S NORMAL]

Nicely done, fun stuff, even though the part at 00:30:816 (1,2,1) felt a little weird at first. that last long slider almost felt late, even though that was just me. Plays fine anyway.

[LOL201]

Hmm, the combo colours are in a different order to the other diffs. It's no problem of course, just seems a little weird, I can't guess what it was for
:o

Different kind of MM map, but it's a nice one. single-tapping this is pretty fun. Only little thing I'd say is that, don't those jumps have to have new combo's on them? (things like 00:01:038 (2, 3), 00:05:927 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13) etc). I mean, it doesn't bother gameplay directly, but it seems more logical that way somewhat. Nothing big though.

[HELL]

yeah, those 1/8 sliders are possible, just to clarify. Difficult, but possible.

Fun stuff, mean jumps but that's part of the fun really. Only part that miffed me a bit was 00:20:149 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2). I couldn't read this pattern after my retries, The speed and some of the overlapping made it awkward to read for me. Maybe I'm a bit slow though.

Apart from that, all good.

'tis a real nice map on the whole. Not much to suggest. Gimme a call and I'll bubble for ya' ;)
mm201
...you single this? :o

The colour order is different because I took one out and put it back. I personally don't like the yellow so I only used it for those odd stacks. BD, it's up to you if you want to set them to the original order.

New combos don't make sense at those spots unless I split up EVERY new combo in 2, which isn't logical to me. They are single phrases and should be single combos. It's a mistake to think that new combos should be used to mark jumps--rather, good places for jumps tend to be the correct places for new combos. Since there are jumps everywhere, this pattern doesn't really hold. Hopefully, the jumps should flow right.

The first combo looks to be spaced consistently enough for me. The spacing has a definite logic to it, which should play comfortably. The second one (purple) doesn't even have jumps? The streams are just condensed which makes perfect sense to me. Leaving them non-overlapping would be trololo and too much like the next diff.

BD: Could you please apply a vertical flip to 00:53:149 (8,9,10,11,12,13,14) - (second half of the red combo). This should make the jump flow better and be less jarring.

Edit:
DC Normal:
00:31:593 (2) and repeats - The whistle sound begins a 1/4 late which is extreemely noticeable. Best practice I guess would be to put the green line 10ms after the slider begins. (You could move it as close as ~5-6 but this may not be future proof.)
00:48:593 (1,2) - Use soft sampleset, as on the other difficulties
00:57:038 (5,6) - Move 3 opx down/right so this stack lines up ingame.
01:17:038 (1) - This is a bad slider and you should feel bad. You're clearly not very good at shaping sliders.</eph> Also try and fix spacing while you're here.
01:18:816 (1) - One lv4 grid up.

Xgor:
00:36:149 (1,2) - Spacing
01:00:149 (3) - Symmetrify
K a m a h L
Nice Map, BD :)
Star.
Water Note
;)
val0108
:) :) :)
Xgor
http://puu.sh/1B5L

I did all the MM201 stuff but didn't do much of Dooms stuff, I like to keep most of my easy difficulties simple.
Kyonko Hizara
:)
Doomsday
Yup, looks like Hell's going for ranking. I don't see why not. :)

Bubbled!
Derekku
Didn't do a full mod (but I guess I'll have to since I'm popping this ;p), but where are the tags? You have three guest difficulties and zero tags.

After seeing some maps being ranked (and clearly being harder than Hell), I think this should be fine.
Uh, name some? o.o; [Hell] is ridiculously too insane to go for Ranking. Sorry, but I insist that you push [Hell] for approval (again).

Also, I'll gladly give you a full mod tomorrow.
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Derekku wrote:

After seeing some maps being ranked (and clearly being harder than Hell), I think this should be fine.
Uh, name some? o.o; [Hell] is ridiculously too insane to go for Ranking.
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/25922
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/23907
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/10112

I am very very sure these three are way harder than Hell.

Anyway, I'm not sure. I was asked to check more opinions, but people don't seem to agree on this. Some people want ranking, others approval. :o

I'll fix tags when I get home.
Skynord
Star
aRiskOfRain

MetalMario201 wrote:

DC Normal:
01:17:038 (1) - This is a bad slider and you should feel bad. You're clearly not very good at shaping sliders.</eph> Also try and fix spacing while you're here.

DiamondCrash wrote:

yo fixed shitty slider
I fixed this like 5 months ago BD go fix it
Derekku
@the maps pointed out: The two newest maps are a bit crazy (high bpm streams), and possibly too hard for Ranking, but [Hell] on this map is more like Made of Fire, which is from when ranking standards were lower. That diff on MoF should have went for approval, and so should [Hell]. X:

Anyway, full mod:

[General]
*An audio lead-in over 2 seconds is rarely needed. 1 1/2 - 2 seconds would be plenty.
*Add guest mappers' names to tags, of course.
*Might as well remove the unused countdown too before people bitch about it. :v

[Xgor's Simple]
*Nice and simple; I love it.
00:20:149 (3) - I wouldn't call this ugly, but it doesn't seem to match the shapes of other sliders in the difficulty.
00:57:482 (1,3) - Great use of crumpled sliders! :D
01:37:482 (2,3) - spacing?

[DC's Normal]
00:13:038 (3,4) - Expected soft finishes ):
00:18:371 (1,2,1) - sexy
00:48:593 (1,2) - Ah, there they are!
00:52:927 (3) - The normal whistle on only part of the slider sounds a bit odd... unless it's intended?
01:07:482 (3) - ^ Oh wait, I see that you did it more times, but had the inherited section 1/8th after the start of the slider (e.g. 00:31:593 (2)) so the sampleset change sounds different.
00:53:816 (4) - iirc this is the only single blue-tick note in the entire difficulty, which seems a bit unintuitive, no?

[lol201]
*Perhaps raise the drain a tick?

[Hell]
*Raise drain 1 tick?
00:20:149 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - This is what makes the difficulty too crazy for ranking. >w>;
*Damn this is too crazy to sightread...

Difficulty spread is easy->normal->insane->extreme (approval); It's too bad there isn't a [Hard] in-between DC's diff and MM's. Anyway, don't kd since you kd'd my other post. Call me back when things are fixed for a rebubble!

EDIT: Looks like MM mentioned the whistles starting 1/4 late on DC's sliders as well. Might want to fix those if they're not intended (I don't think they are).
Xgor
Bleh, gonna go anyway soon so feel free to fix and change those two things yourself Blue Dragon.
Cristian
I whana put a guest diff... taiko....
PLEASE!!!

...pd: irc... lol
Topic Starter
Mismagius

Derekku wrote:

@the maps pointed out: The two newest maps are a bit crazy (high bpm streams), and possibly too hard for Ranking, but [Hell] on this map is more like Made of Fire, which is from when ranking standards were lower. That diff on MoF should have went for approval, and so should [Hell]. X:

Anyway, full mod:

[General]
*An audio lead-in over 2 seconds is rarely needed. 1 1/2 - 2 seconds would be plenty. Fixed
*Add guest mappers' names to tags, of course. Fixed
*Might as well remove the unused countdown too before people bitch about it. :v Fixed

[Xgor's Simple]
*Nice and simple; I love it.
00:20:149 (3) - I wouldn't call this ugly, but it doesn't seem to match the shapes of other sliders in the difficulty. Fixed
00:57:482 (1,3) - Great use of crumpled sliders! :D
01:37:482 (2,3) - spacing? Fixed

[DC's Normal]
00:13:038 (3,4) - Expected soft finishes ): It's my fault, I added the finishes to the other part but not this. Fixed
00:18:371 (1,2,1) - sexy
00:48:593 (1,2) - Ah, there they are!
00:52:927 (3) - The normal whistle on only part of the slider sounds a bit odd... unless it's intended?
01:07:482 (3) - ^ Oh wait, I see that you did it more times, but had the inherited section 1/8th after the start of the slider (e.g. 00:31:593 (2)) so the sampleset change sounds different. My fault again. Fixed.
00:53:816 (4) - iirc this is the only single blue-tick note in the entire difficulty, which seems a bit unintuitive, no? I think it is o-o It's a slider, shouldn't be a problem to 300 it. And there are others, I think...

[lol201]
*Perhaps raise the drain a tick? Waiting on MM for this.

[Hell]
*Raise drain 1 tick? Ehhhh. Okay.
00:20:149 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - This is what makes the difficulty too crazy for ranking. >w>; Tried remapping this several times and this is the best I can get.
*Damn this is too crazy to sightread...

Difficulty spread is easy->normal->insane->extreme (approval); It's too bad there isn't a [Hard] in-between DC's diff and MM's. Anyway, don't kd since you kd'd my other post. Call me back when things are fixed for a rebubble!

EDIT: Looks like MM mentioned the whistles starting 1/4 late on DC's sliders as well. Might want to fix those if they're not intended (I don't think they are).
Derekku
[DC's Normal]
00:53:816 (4) - The sliders starting/ending on blue ticks is fine, but I meant that this is the only single note/circle that's on a blue tick. It's not a big deal, but if other blue ticks were mapped with sliders, then it seemed strange that this wasn't as well.
01:35:705 - Move timing section back 1/8 for the aforementioned whistle weirdness.
01:42:816 - ^

*Also waiting on MM's response.

Other than those final nitpicks, I'm ready to give you bubble #1 back~
Mercurius
8-)
mm201

Derekku wrote:

*Perhaps raise the drain a tick?
If I do this then missing one slider causes you to lose 60% hp. You lose health during sliders and spinners. It becomes too common to fail during the drain sections.
Derekku
Alrighty then~

Bubble #1 for Hell's approval!
Doomsday
Yeah, I guess Hell would be better suited to approved. Well, definately should be going for approved now I look at it again :?

Lookin' good. Bubble #2 for Hell's Approval!
Hyguys
>W< I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS APROVED. <3333
Raimon
In love with this.. Star*.*
show more