forum

[All Modes] QA / OCT IV American Invitational

posted
Total Posts
show more
Roxy Lalonde

Ascendance wrote:

After some small confusion and lots of discussion, we've decided to keep the format at 1v1 and release the map pools and schedule this sunday. We will also be allowing some players from other regions in since their regions were canceled. I'm sorry for all the confusion this has caused, but everything will proceed as planned now !
geegus fuck

i was scrambling to get up a team and then im scramblin again for map pool and prep for sunday

im ready though

edit: i also noticed

it says november 28
is that uhh up to date?
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Roxy Lalonde wrote:

Ascendance wrote:

After some small confusion and lots of discussion, we've decided to keep the format at 1v1 and release the map pools and schedule this sunday. We will also be allowing some players from other regions in since their regions were canceled. I'm sorry for all the confusion this has caused, but everything will proceed as planned now !
geegus fuck

i was scrambling to get up a team and then im scramblin again for map pool and prep for sunday

im ready though

it says november 28
is that uhh up to date?
Yup, map pool and bracket released sunday, 1 week to practice. 2 rounds each weeks makes it 3 weeks of tournament action. PS all seeds were randomized for the most fair outcomes.
the_robot

Roxy Lalonde wrote:

it says november 28
is that uhh up to date?
Um...yeah that's Thanksgiving weekend. There's probably going to be a good percentage of Americans traveling back during those days...
Topic Starter
Ascendance

the_robot wrote:

Roxy Lalonde wrote:

it says november 28
is that uhh up to date?
Um...yeah that's Thanksgiving weekend. There's probably going to be a good percentage of Americans traveling back during those days...
True, thanksgiving is thursday so I assumed they'd be back but you may be right. I'll push it back by 1 more week, I just don't want to cut into christmas

edit: Changed to december 5 - 20
_WinRAWR
are you serious
Topic Starter
Ascendance

_WinRAWR wrote:

are you serious
no
Roxy Lalonde
Are we going to know who's in the qualifying round? I'm assuming there's some people who are waiting around wondering if they actually got in.
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Roxy Lalonde wrote:

Are we going to know who's in the qualifying round? I'm assuming there's some people who are waiting around wondering if they actually got in.
Sunday
Topic Starter
Ascendance
Bracket can be found here!

Map Pool can be found here!

We'll be sending out pm's to opponents at various times tomorrow, so please be checking your inbox!
Zak
Other modes when
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Zak wrote:

Other modes when
Soon
jabronski
zip?
Topic Starter
Ascendance

blizzardice wrote:

zip?
when i have time ya
Minhtam
Um, isn't the mappool a bit too big for a Best of 5?
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Minhtam wrote:

Um, isn't the mappool a bit too big for a Best of 5?
I've done this for all of my tournaments, each pick is based on a different style of play, whether it be jumps, streams, or simply mechanical skill. it's based on diversity to allow any type of player to succeed.
o x
when will the other brackets be announced
Topic Starter
Ascendance

wwwww_ wrote:

when will the other brackets be announced
After christmas
Zak
I thought they were supposed to run alongside osu!standard
Topic Starter
Ascendance

Zak wrote: