forum

My 7 Steps to Improve

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Verity
Ok, most of this is pretty straight forward and has probably been elaborated on multiple times on hundreds of different threads but i wanted to share with you what has helped me to improve over the last year since i started playing.

My seven key factors in improving in Osu:

1. Relaxation to a complete zen-like state. A slower heart rate will give you more time to judge your decisions; this will improve your focus.

2. Don't rage, the moment you start tilting your negative attitude will heavily impact your performance. Go relax, make a coffee and clean your glasses. Clear your mind before continuing.

3. Enjoy yourself and have fun, remember it’s just a game. If you find it burdensome or a chore for the sole purpose to the better you will not improve. A game is supposed to entertain so play to reap happiness from your favorite tracks. Download more maps and find something new

4. The pro's will always be pro's, never compare yourself to them; this will only subject you to tilting. Instead look at how far you have come. Motivate yourself to become better. Improvement is always good and practice makes perfect.

5. Get something in your belly, food full of sugars will keep your mind active and will help you.

6. Never try to retry a song over and over you can’t do and is highly likely that you will infringe on number 2 if you continue to try. The best way is to keep cycling through song and have fun. Having fun is a key fundamental to improvement.

7. As much as Osu requires skill, your psychological state plays a major role in how well you play. Tilting in one thing but everyone has those moment where they will monologue to themselves at a high combo “OMG, I am so close” before breaking their combo and throwing a spaz. Shrug it off and keep cycling through your favorite maps. Don’t think about your score or combo, just play.

Reflect on these when you feel like you have infringed on any of these rules. Chances are that your wall is only your own attitude.

Tell me if this is the right attitude to take to become a better player.

Appreciate the feedback
Exiled
Basically don't be this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIn4L7hUmUI

And I agree 100% with eating food, I am so bad when I haven't eaten all day.
Relaxation and having fun are also the most important fundamentals to me, I used to always get tilted and I choke an FC, now I'm just like meh I know I can easily do this later.

"pls enjoy game"
ZenithPhantasm
8. Play more
NukoCookie
Nice rules for the mind-stuff in osu. :D
Topic Starter
Verity

Exiled wrote:

Basically don't be this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIn4L7hUmUI
And I agree 100% with eating food, I am so bad when I haven't eaten all day.
Relaxation and having fun are also the most important fundamentals to me, I used to always get tilted and I choke an FC, now I'm just like meh I know I can easily do this later.
"pls enjoy game"

Not gonna lie, my frustration with this game has been close to that. Which is why tilting is a massive 'must-not' for me. I must pull myself away to take breaks if i get angry which is kinda the catalyst for putting this together in the first place; to highlight my weaknesses and improve upon them
-Makishima S-
9. Know your own value, don't let cunts, retards and braindead kids bully you about your skill, at the end, you are the one who play this game, you are the one who know your situations, playability and mindset. Some people progress fast, others slow. Everyone is same in matter of human being. Please enjoy game.
Topic Starter
Verity

[Taiga] wrote:

9. Know your own value, don't let cunts, retards and braindead kids bully you about your skill, at the end, you are the one who play this game, you are the one who know your situations, playability and mindset. Some people progress fast, others slow. Everyone is same in matter of human being. Please enjoy game.

TBH the community here are infinity better than any other online game/community i have been attached to. Judgmental people that don't think before they speak are an annoyance but hey that's the internet for you.
-sev
8. if all else fails, use hax
-JaZe-

[Taiga] wrote:

The irony is delicious
Minhtam

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

8. Play more
If I had a dollar for every single one of your "Play More" posts, I wouldn't have to work a day in my life.
ZenithPhantasm

Minhtam wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

8. Play more
If I had a dollar for every single one of your "Play More" posts, I wouldn't have to work a day in my life.
Do I get a share of that dollar? 8-) 99% would be nice
Endaris

Minhtam wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

8. Play more
Not true.
And even if, you're just getting profit out of posts like this one:
p/4613464
Topic Starter
Verity

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Minhtam wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

8. Play more

Do I get a share of that dollar? 8-) 99% would be nice

it kinda goes without saying, i don't understand why people point out the obvious. it's like saying whats the best way to stay hydrated when running for a long time while expecting an answer like powerade is full of electrolytes to keep your sugar intake up for energy or something and getting an answer of "maybe drink water"

like seriously -.- thanks m7
buny
isn't this whole thread stating the obvious?
Topic Starter
Verity

a loli wrote:

Well, It really wasn't meant to be informative but more or less if it is the right approach. These are the things that I do to help myself to get better. I even say in the disclaimer at the top that it has probably been talked to death. I wanted your opinion to see if this is the right mindset to take and if there are strategies that help you.

Even though most of it is something that a player would consider, i think players that complain about not been able to improve really don't look at themselves on why. The amount of people that just keep retrying and ask themselves why they can't FC is a prime example. it's not as obvious as you would think. It's obvious to you because you have been around for long ass time; your #3 NZ, you know the tricks of the trade.

Kaienyuu wrote:

8. if all else fails, use hax

Worked for cookiezi
ZenithPhantasm
This whole forum is about stating the obvious. Yet we still get a good influx of people coming here every day asking the same fucking shit over and over again.
buny
You don't really improve by having a healthier mentality, unless you are being held back mentally. You improve by playing more and challenging yourself.

This is more like "how to become more dedicated to improving" rather than how to improve. As much as you sugarcoat it, improving is ultimately playing more (challenging maps)

I am arguing semantics here but your post is useful information. I disagree that it is more obvious to older players, as it should be obvious to anybody that has ever strived towards goals that having a positive mindset or innovation is a huge driving force in improving
Minhtam

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

This whole forum is about stating the obvious. Yet we still get a good influx of people coming here every day asking the same fucking shit over and over again.
Because people are so hell bent on trying to "improve" that they don't take the time to read up on how to improve.
Pituophis
tahnks i am az gud as cookiezz now
Nadfee
Play less.
Play everyday!

Result: Healthy life.

*lol*

Nah really the key is to find your weaknesses and learn from your mistakes.
I did the job if ignoring streams and doing jumps instead. Now I can't stream *insert SadPepe here*
KanoSet

King Benno wrote:

it kinda goes without saying, i don't understand why people point out the obvious. it's like saying whats the best way to stay hydrated when running for a long time while expecting an answer like powerade is full of electrolytes to keep your sugar intake up for energy or something and getting an answer of "maybe drink water"

like seriously -.- thanks m7
you should spend more time in G&R fourms

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

8. Play more
Upskirt

a loli wrote:

Nah mate.
meteor22
I just want to point out this thread is useless.
ZenithPhantasm
post count+1
-Ene-_old_1
Ware gunnars optiks and you can see circles appear sooner 8-)
ZenithPhantasm
AR11 glasses 8-)
TakagamiSamiru-

Pituophis wrote:

tahnks i am az gud as cookiezz now
Beat cookiezi o.o)/
i'll awaiting about your livestreams XD
TakagamiSamiru-
"Deleted"
show more