forum

toby fox - MEGALOVANIA

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Donkz
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Senin, 28 Desember 2015 at 9:31:11 pm

Artist: toby fox
Title: MEGALOVANIA
Source: UNDERTALE
Tags: Instrumental Sans Boss Genocide Bad Time Run Route Skeleton
BPM: 240
Filesize: 3390kb
Play Time: 02:35
Difficulties Available:
  1. Dirty Hacker (6,07 stars, 545 notes)
  2. Genocide (0 stars, 0 notes)
  3. Neutral (0 stars, 0 notes)
  4. New Game (1,34 stars, 120 notes)
  5. Pacifist (1,92 stars, 114 notes)
Download: toby fox - MEGALOVANIA
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
WIP
Sans is love, Sans is life
changelog
26/10/2015 : Wow I put half of the actual timing asdasd, fixed it
26/10/2015 : Trying some custom hitsounds
27/10/2015 : Changed slider velocity on reff to 1.25 instead of 1.50
29/10/2015 : Added iothsunthaer & -obee58-'s mods, thanks!
30/10/2015 : Reduced overall slider velocity
31/10/2015 : Trying some SBs to hint on the sudden change of pace
5/11/2015 : Genocide complete!
6/11/2015 : Started New Game, ready for mods
7/11/2015 : Finished New Game, started Pacifist
28/11/2015: Back from long hiatus orz
(E) New Game 100% done, might redo the placings though
(N) Pacifist 70% done
(H) Neutral) : 0% done
(I) Genocide : 0% done
(X) Dirty Hacker 100% complete! might erase this diff, or just make this diff an add-on... Hence the name lol
Accepting GDs
SB unfinished (?)

*Other difficulties on the way
iothsunthaer
5,69 stars. You feel like you're gonna have a bad time.

I like the map! I think it flows really well! All of the notes roll into each other nicely and it's on beat!

My mods for this would be:
You have a moment here [00:22:120 (1,2,3,4,5) -] where the notes overlap and it's a little tough to read.
The beginning is really slow and then it just sort of spikes out of nowhere, so I think either adding more to the beginning or just starting with the chorus would work fine, unless you're trying to make it like it is in the game, where the sans fight starts easy and then gets hard out of nowhere, which is also fine.

I like it!
Topic Starter
Donkz

iothsunthaer wrote:

5,69 stars. You feel like you're gonna have a bad time.

I like the map! I think it flows really well! All of the notes roll into each other nicely and it's on beat!

My mods for this would be:
You have a moment here [00:22:120 (1,2,3,4,5) -] where the notes overlap and it's a little tough to read.
The beginning is really slow and then it just sort of spikes out of nowhere, so I think either adding more to the beginning or just starting with the chorus would work fine, unless you're trying to make it like it is in the game, where the sans fight starts easy and then gets hard out of nowhere, which is also fine.

I like it!
Thank you! :D
Okay I'll put it into consideration, thanks again! :D

Note: And yes, I wanted to make the map like the actual fight, so full of surprises and sudden increase of pace :'D
[-obee58-]
accidential m4m lol

Metadata:

raise AR a bit [9.3-9.5]
song title is stylized as all caps, but it's probably fine the way you have it

Actual map:

00:26:995 (1) to 00:27:495 (2) space this out some more pls
00:08:120 (1) after this note, maybe actually follow the song? the constant break doesn't feel right there as the song gets more energetic
in general, the notes during kiai where they have 1/4 bar between should be turned into 1/2 sliders (something like this?: http://puu.sh/l18hG/5e6325be5a.jpg)

pretty good for a beginning mapper :D
Topic Starter
Donkz

[-obee58-] wrote:

accidential m4m lol

Metadata:

raise AR a bit [9.3-9.5]
song title is stylized as all caps, but it's probably fine the way you have it

Actual map:

00:26:995 (1) to 00:27:495 (2) space this out some more pls
00:08:120 (1) after this note, maybe actually follow the song? the constant break doesn't feel right there as the song gets more energetic
in general, the notes during kiai where they have 1/4 bar between should be turned into 1/2 sliders (something like this?: http://puu.sh/l18hG/5e6325be5a.jpg)

pretty good for a beginning mapper :D
Thanks for the mod!
I haven't checked yet but I will later

Thank you :)

Edit:
Your second point for the Actual map, I don't quite follow ._. I'm sorry I'm not very good at English so could you please elaborate or rephrase the mod? :')
Applied your other mods though :)
Mercurial
It's a beautiful day outside.
Birds are singing, flowers are blooming...
On days like these, kids like you...

SHOULD BE BURNING IN HELL!

Also: toby fox (Without capital letters) is the artist.
Topic Starter
Donkz

Mercurial wrote:

It's a beautiful day outside.
Birds are singing, flowers are blooming...
On days like these, kids like you...

SHOULD BE BURNING IN HELL!

Also: toby fox (Without capital letters) is the artist.
Oh I see :o
Thanks for the correction! :)
[-obee58-]

Donkz wrote:

[-obee58-] wrote:

accidential m4m lol
Your second point for the Actual map, I don't quite follow ._. I'm sorry I'm not very good at English so could you please elaborate or rephrase the mod? :')
Applied your other mods though :)
I meant to put something (an easier pattern than the kiai, but harder than just another 1/2 slider) there so that the map gets a bit harder when the song gets a bit louder.
I can't translate english into simple english very well, sorry D:
Topic Starter
Donkz

[-obee58-] wrote:

I meant to put something (an easier pattern than the kiai, but harder than just another 1/2 slider) there so that the map gets a bit harder when the song gets a bit louder.
I can't translate english into simple english very well, sorry D:
I did that on purpose actually. I wanted the map to have a sudden change of hardness, just like the Sans battle.
I added a little storyboard (still in progress though) to hint on the change. Hopefully people won't get confused by this. :lol:
WildOne94
Yo dude :D
I love this song!
Just finished watching Cry play Undertale and i saw this so i am like YES!!!

Have a star man :D
Support from me
Topic Starter
Donkz

WildOne94 wrote:

Yo dude :D
I love this song!
Just finished watching Cry play Undertale and i saw this so i am like YES!!!

Have a star man :D
Support from me
Me too <3
Lol coincidentally, I knew the game from Cry also xD

Thanks a lot! :')
melon boy
Hello. NM request from my queue.

Genocide

• Okay, first off I'll say it straight out. Do not expect this to get ranked, ever, or in the very least not this difficulty. This is definitely one of your first maps and it's very apparent. However the only way to get better at mapping is to keep on mapping, so just keep doing it. Now to extend on why this just isn't good enough. I won't be mentioning every little thing in your map, I'll be going over it as a whole.
  1. First off your spacing is all over the place. There are a lot of times where your spacing for 1/1 beats are as large as 1/2 e.g. at 02:20:995 (4,5,6,7,8,9,1).
    Normally you'd have a much lower spacing for the 1/2 beats compared to 1/1. Since you have nearly the exact same spacing for both it becomes an unreadable mess. Try thinking about how much time there is between circles but also ...
    -
  2. ... Emphasis. Try adjusting the spacing to how intense a beat is. If it's a really strong snare or downbeat use larger spacing, but if it's just a normal beat use smaller spacing.
    -
  3. 00:32:120 - In an Extra difficulty this should be a lot different. You're skipping a lot of the rhythm from the drums and the guitar. This is the kind of rhythm you'd use in a Normal or Hard difficulty. And this is something that counts for your entire map.
    This map could use a whole lot more 1/2 sliders and sliders in general. On a map this difficult it'll get you a long way. You use so many hit circles with 1/1 time in between and plain 1/1 sliders such as 00:42:995 (4,5,6) or 00:18:995 (1,2). Remember, clickable beats (not slider ends) have a lot more emphasis build in than non-clickable beats (slider ends). Try to make it so the beats with the most emphasis are clickable and also try to make sure every 1/2 beat (white and red ticks) is filled out. Slider rending with 1/1 sliders also works for this.
    -
  4. 00:50:620 (1) - Please hold off on the slider art for now or at least ask yourself, whether or not the slider actually looks and plays well. If your answer to that is "yes" for this one, then I've got bad news for you.
    -
    As a last note I'll give you some really good advice. Study some ranked maps. Look at maps made by your favorite mappers and keep asking yourself "what makes this part play so well" or "what makes this part look so good". It'll definitely help you on your way.
    If you didn't think my advice was quite enough to "get it" either, I'm sure there's a lot of generous mappers out there who'll also gladly teach you some.
    Also, maybe this kind of difficulty, or rather, this difficulty is not the kind you should begin with. Even if you like making harder maps I'd highly suggest that you start with something like a Hard or an Insane and take the things I've said into consideration while mapping.
    -
    EDIT: The song cuts off right at the end which is definitely not okay. Get a better mp3.
That's it for my little mapping lesson. I'd also suggest you learn a little about flow. There's a lot of mapping guides around that'd definitely do you good if you read them. Your hit sounds are pretty sweet, so you've got that going at least. Best of luck from me ^^
Topic Starter
Donkz

Fuccho wrote:

Hello. NM request from my queue.

Genocide

• Okay, first off I'll say it straight out. Do not expect this to get ranked, ever, or in the very least not this difficulty. This is definitely one of your first maps and it's very apparent. However the only way to get better at mapping is to keep on mapping, so just keep doing it. Now to extend on why this just isn't good enough. I won't be mentioning every little thing in your map, I'll be going over it as a whole.
  1. First off your spacing is all over the place. There are a lot of times where your spacing for 1/1 beats are as large as 1/2 e.g. at 02:20:995 (4,5,6,7,8,9,1).
    Normally you'd have a much lower spacing for the 1/2 beats compared to 1/1. Since you have nearly the exact same spacing for both it becomes an unreadable mess. Try thinking about how much time there is between circles but also ...
    -
  2. ... Emphasis. Try adjusting the spacing to how intense a beat is. If it's a really strong snare or downbeat use larger spacing, but if it's just a normal beat use smaller spacing.
    -
  3. 00:32:120 - In an Extra difficulty this should be a lot different. You're skipping a lot of the rhythm from the drums and the guitar. This is the kind of rhythm you'd use in a Normal or Hard difficulty. And this is something that counts for your entire map.
    This map could use a whole lot more 1/2 sliders and sliders in general. On a map this difficult it'll get you a long way. You use so many hit circles with 1/1 time in between and plain 1/1 sliders such as 00:42:995 (4,5,6) or 00:18:995 (1,2). Remember, clickable beats (not slider ends) have a lot more emphasis build in than non-clickable beats (slider ends). Try to make it so the beats with the most emphasis are clickable and also try to make sure every 1/2 beat (white and red ticks) is filled out. Slider rending with 1/1 sliders also works for this.
    -
  4. 00:50:620 (1) - Please hold off on the slider art for now or at least ask yourself, whether or not the slider actually looks and plays well. If your answer to that is "yes" for this one, then I've got bad news for you.
    -
    As a last note I'll give you some really good advice. Study some ranked maps. Look at maps made by your favorite mappers and keep asking yourself "what makes this part play so well" or "what makes this part look so good". It'll definitely help you on your way.
    If you didn't think my advice was quite enough to "get it" either, I'm sure there's a lot of generous mappers out there who'll also gladly teach you some.
    Also, maybe this kind of difficulty, or rather, this difficulty is not the kind you should begin with. Even if you like making harder maps I'd highly suggest that you start with something like a Hard or an Insane and take the things I've said into consideration while mapping.
    -
    EDIT: The song cuts off right at the end which is definitely not okay. Get a better mp3.
That's it for my little mapping lesson. I'd also suggest you learn a little about flow. There's a lot of mapping guides around that'd definitely do you good if you read them. Your hit sounds are pretty sweet, so you've got that going at least. Best of luck from me ^^
Oh wow, your first sentence sure put me down immediately, considering this is the first map I put much effort to. /o/
I appreciate it though. I actually noticed that I've been skipping a lot of hit notes, but I'm not so sure until you mentioned this.
Well if it's this much error I might as well think of restarting everything instead of continuing this one hm..
melon boy

Donkz wrote:

Oh wow, your first sentence sure put me down immediately, considering this is the first map I put much effort to. /o/
I appreciate it though. I actually noticed that I've been skipping a lot of hit notes, but I'm not so sure until you mentioned this.
Well if it's this much error I might as well think of restarting everything instead of continuing this one hm..
Sorry, I tried not to be too harsh... Also, there would be nothing wrong with making a couple more difficulties for this if you feel like it. As I said, mapping more makes you good at mapping. Kind of like playing more osu makes you better at osu. Just letting you know. Maybe an easier difficulty would be more fit for you currently. And I still think it would be a really good idea if you decided to study some maps or heard the opinions of other experienced mappers.
Either way, please don't let me keep you down. Good luck!
Topic Starter
Donkz

Fuccho wrote:

Donkz wrote:

Sorry, I tried not to be too harsh... Also, there would be nothing wrong with making a couple more difficulties for this if you feel like it. As I said, mapping more makes you good at mapping. Kind of like playing more osu makes you better at osu. Just letting you know. Maybe an easier difficulty would be more fit for you currently. And I still think it would be a really good idea if you decided to study some maps or heard the opinions of other experienced mappers.
To be blunt, you fail at that lol. I AM currently making other difficulties, but I do not know if I will continue or not since even the MP3's not right. And to be honest, I would feel really disappointed if I had to erase the diff instead of repairing it. But who knows... :lol:
melon boy

Donkz wrote:

Fuccho wrote:

To be blunt, you fail at that lol. I AM currently making other difficulties, but I do not know if I will continue or not since even the MP3's not right. And to be honest, I would feel really disappointed if I had to erase the diff instead of repairing it. But who knows... :lol:
All I'll say is keep mapping and you'll get better. The first maps tend to never be the ones that make it through and you'll realize that as you get better.
Btw, the mp3 thing isn't a big problem. You can just replace the old mp3, fix the offset and resnap the objects. That's not a problem.
Razor Sharp
Thank you Donkz for allowing me do to a CtB diff.

Razor's True Ending in the making!
JuanCR2912
your beatmap and music are good :D
but Although the song is fast paced, your bpm is wrong, why not try to put in 120 bpm?

because 240 is too fast for the beatmap.
Quacklick
New MP3?
Take this one.
http://puu.sh/mSnl6/82f6605312.mp3

New slider, to replace that criticized one?
160,256,50620,2,0,B|128:192|96:192|64:224|64:224|64:288|96:288|96:288|128:288|128:288|160:288|160:288|192:288|192:288|224:320|
224:352|192:384|160:352|160:320|192:288|192:288|224:288|224:288|256:288|256:288|288:288|288:288|320:288|320:224|320:224|288:192|
256:192|224:256|224:256|

in case you don't feel like removing the line separation yourself, the raw text is here.
put it somewhere that it doesn't interfere with anything else, in the hitobjects of your .osu
BE SURE TO REMOVE THE ENTERS! (otherwise it won't work, i just had to do that for the sake of the forum)

sample:
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.