We are well aware that there are performance issues for a minority of users out there using our new OpenGL-only release. If you are, try closing it and report back if it helps.I recently bought a new laptop(msi gt72-2qe) and Osu! seems to have Issues on it, Everything else runs fine. I uninstalled all the software that came preinstalled except SCM.
First, check if you are running any of this software:
- Shadowplay (disable desktop recording mode)
Please post here if it affects you, with AS MUCH detail as possible.
Minimum you should post:
- What kind of performance problems are you seeing? Low framerate throughout the game? Lag spikes? How often? How long do the spikes last?
- Is compatibility mode turned on in options? Can you turn it off?
- What GPU are you running on? Do you have two GPUs in your PC? Have you tried both?
- Are you running fullscreen? If not, please try this before posting.
Extra things you can do:
- Provide gl_info.txt from your osu! folder.
- Switch to cutting edge and wait for the lag spikes, then include performance.log from the Logs folder in your osu! folder.
- Video showing exactly what you are experiencing.
If you'd like to take the next step, join us on slack in #cuttingedge and we can try and give you help in real-time.
-Im not running any of those programs.
-I get lag spikes randomly throughout a song It sometimes happens multiple times in a song and sometimes doesn't happen at all. they last about a second maybe even shorter.
-compatibility mode is turned off.
-running a gtx 980m and the onboard intel graphics(4th gen) but the game barely runs on the onboard card so thats not really an option.
-game is running fullscreen.
Im on a very poor Internet connection(like 0.1kbps up/2-3kbps down).I have about 3.6k songs and 20-30 skins, using a logitech g300 mouse and a wacom ctl-480 tablet.
things I have tried so far:
-turning all the performance affecting options off(sb,skins, etc.)
-changed some settings in the NVIDIA control panel that other people suggested in other posts.
-quit all the other programs on the computer(steam,battle.net, etc.)
-updated graphics driver
-updated sound card driver
-uninstalled sound card feature program thingy(nahimic)
-uninstalled and reinstalled osu!
-couldn't find gl_info.txt in my osu! folder
-couldn't catch the lag spike on ctrl+f11(it moves so fast), I can try recording a video of it if its necessary.
-performance.log(couldn't fit in a box had to link to dropbox): https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvtl2or9jk4d5v1/performance.log?dl=0
-glview(wiki said to include this so...): https://www.dropbox.com/s/2x2lytntgk1st2v/glview-GeForce%20GTX%20980M_PCIe_SSE2-11.XML?dl=0
Tell me if there is anything else I can post here that would help.