forum

[Archived] Problem Recording Replays

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Minami Hasaki
Um, ok so.... I try to record my replays using Bandicam to show my friends video gameplay of me playing osu!. When I start the recording from the result screen and click replay it speeds through the first (couple seconds?) at like 15x really fast. Anyone know what's going on? Seems like something internal dealing with code and compatibility and such. Really would appreciate any help, as well as any feedback to if anyone has had this issue and solved it. Thanks.

osu! version: 20151023beta
Edit: (Stable Build as well)
Ayaya
are you pressing the key "F" during the replay? that speeds up and slow down replay
Topic Starter
Minami Hasaki
No I am not, nor are any keys stuck.
Ayaya
Just change you're osu version when trying to record replay, most likely a problem with the beta version
Topic Starter
Minami Hasaki
The problem persists on stable as well.
Trosk-
I think it could be being caused because of the numeric keys of your keyboard. If you press 9 on your keyboard, the replay will speed up much. Then, if you press 6, it will be back to normal speed. Also, if I'm not wrong, it shouldn't be happening in Stable fallback since that feature is not implemented on it.
Topic Starter
Minami Hasaki
Sorry it's taken me so long to respond. I has nothing to do with the replay speed up function. While recording osu! with Bandicam DirectX capture mode from the result screen clicking watch replay it speeds, basically skips, the first couple of seconds on the map.
VeilStar
Sounds like bandicam not handling dropped frames properly or something. I don't think there's much you can do about this. Try different recording software, such as OBS (which is free and quite versitile, records comrpessed footage), Dxtory (paid but very flexible, can do both compressed and uncompressed), or Fraps (paid but can be used with limitations without paying, quite locked down).
Topic Starter
Minami Hasaki

VeilStar wrote:

Sounds like bandicam not handling dropped frames properly or something. I don't think there's much you can do about this. Try different recording software, such as OBS (which is free and quite versitile, records comrpessed footage), Dxtory (paid but very flexible, can do both compressed and uncompressed), or Fraps (paid but can be used with limitations without paying, quite locked down).
Thank you for the help and suggestions.
Bara-
Your PC likely can't handle it, and lags a lot
I also have it with bandicam >___>
I wanted to use OBS, but that only shows a frozen screen after. I look at a recording >__>