forum

Is a pen an advantage?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[KO]
I have seen many people using a pen, but then i tuned into a streamer who was around rank 100 and he uses just a cheap mouse. Does it really matter or can you use a mouse to do the harder maps?
Raniemi
You need a decent mouse or your aim will be capped
And yea, tablets are more accurate than mice
ZenithPhantasm

Raniemi wrote:

You need a decent mouse or your aim will be capped
And yea, tablets are more accurate than mice
Mouse with decent sensor (tho imo every mouse sensor on the planet has their own gay little problem) and a decent shape lest RSI-sama will strike you down and you will lose all your peepee and become peppy's slave when he rules the world after he buys his private jet with osu coins.
The only good mouse in the foreseeable future imo is the CM Storm Xornet 2. Also pens are very light.
jesse1412
no
Barusamikosu
Pen is an advantage.
Pituophis

Barusamikosu wrote:

Pen is
trebby
Nope, it's only an alternative playstyle.
ZenithPhantasm

Pituophis wrote:

Barusamikosu wrote:

Pen is
ochinchin
4nim8
You can do well with both but the main difference is a tablet uses absolute tracking vs the relative tracking on a mouse.

With absolute it mean's a point on the tablet will always match/correspond to the same screen location.
With relative you can lift up the mouse and place it in a new location and the mouse cursor will not jump to that location.

The tablet does have some learning curve if you've never used one before but after you have used it enough your muscle memory will know which spot is where, and it can make doing jumps across the screen more accurate/faster as you will just automatically move the pen into the right spot without thinking about it. Trying to flick/move the mouse across one side of the screen to the other and have it land in the exact spot can be slower than doing the same with tablet.

For the most part it will not magically make you better and in fact you will likely play worse with a tablet at first, but you may find the tablet more fun to use as a control method.
[-]Raven[-]
Some like it, others don't. Honestly, I find using a drawing tablet much easier than a mouse. Not at all required to "git gud", just heavily recommended. Seeing as you've been playing for less than a month still, I'd feel out the game and see if you're ready to make a direct investment like that.

No use in wasting money in a game you don't like, I guess.