forum

bad habits of hitting notes early

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JackFrost141
so i will usaaly hit notes to early then move on to the next leading me to fail very quickly and i have very fast aim so when i am on maps that require me to go fast i do good but when they slow down during jumps it fails me, i would like someone help me break this habit before it gets very bad and if possible give me more solutions than to just play more, ty for the help
A Medic
Adjust your offset.

Play more.

Post in the correct section. :)

Destiny
Just comes with experience in reading maps.
Sayorie
That's why it's more helpful to focus first on accuracy rather than aim. Having a good sense of rhythm and keenly listening to the sounds can drastically help with improving your accuracy, so try to practice more on low AR maps and rely on your sense of hearing rather than fully relying on your aim.
Vuelo Eluko
practicing accuracy first is a terrible idea perpetuated by pp farmers, just learn to aim well and if you synchronize your tapping and aim even if you only hit 300's like 20% of the time you will be an amazing player, acc is the worst noob trap ever, never practice it, it's such a waste of time. you can learn acc naturally over time but if you play with crap aim for too long or go too long without actually improving it you let those bad habits settle in and they will never stop you will have bad aim forever don't end up like me learn to read change ar9 maps to ar8 ar7 better reading = better aim. play smaller circles steadier aim = better aim, do anything except acc training.

one depends on your muscle memory the other is just rhythm which our ears know by default and you can work off of, there's no point in practicing acc first when aim doesn't come naturally and you can fk it up too hard to come back like you decide the brain wiring that controls your aim but you can't rewire your ears so no risk.

if this didn't make any sense tl;dr is basically it's way easier to go from having great aim bad acc to great aim good acc than it is to go from bad aim good acc to good aim good acc, i've seen this reaffirmed all my time on this game from the people i observe and i promise it's true in like 95% of cases

and as always
play more
play a lot more
play until it hurts, play through muscle pain because building stamina is good and take a long break at the start of pain in the wrist/back of the hands because rsi/tenosynovitis is bad
Sayorie

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

practicing accuracy first is a terrible idea perpetuated by pp farmers, just learn to aim well and if you synchronize your tapping and aim even if you only hit 300's like 20% of the time you will be an amazing player, acc is the worst noob trap ever, never practice it, it's such a waste of time. you can learn acc naturally over time but if you play with crap aim for too long or go too long without actually improving it you let those bad habits settle in and they will never stop you will have bad aim forever don't end up like me learn to read change ar9 maps to ar8 ar7 better reading = better aim. play smaller circles steadier aim = better aim, do anything except acc training.

one depends on your muscle memory the other is just rhythm which our ears know by default and you can work off of, there's no point in practicing acc first when aim doesn't come naturally and you can fk it up too hard to come back like you decide the brain wiring that controls your aim but you can't rewire your ears so no risk.

if this didn't make any sense tl;dr is basically it's way easier to go from having great aim bad acc to great aim good acc than it is to go from bad aim good acc to good aim good acc, i've seen this reaffirmed all my time on this game from the people i observe and i promise it's true in like 95% of cases

and as always
play more
play a lot more
play until it hurts, play through muscle pain because building stamina is good and take a long break at the start of pain in the wrist/back of the hands because rsi/tenosynovitis is bad

Let us remind ourselves that this is a rhythm game, and thus rhythm could most likely be the most important aspect when playing. I don't know if you are trolling or not, but I have read a number of threads that actually suggest focusing on accuracy rather than aim.

As far as I have experienced, I also started to practice more on my aim, but it left me with having much difficulty on low-AR maps and I just get easily rekt on long streams. Don't worry becuase I noticed that improvement in aim comes along as you practice yourself on accuracy.

DT farmers which I know just like to play whack-a-mole and blaze their cursors over the screen, while they almost always click too early on AR 7-9 maps.

But simply speaking, dear OP, while focusing on accuracy may be helpful too, or just simply improving your aim would do, this is a rhythm game, and it's all about rhythm.
Lapoozza

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

and as always
play more
play a lot more
I can vouch for this method. It is spot on. Its always easier to build up accuracy than aim. My lowest accuracy was 89% and I built it up steady. But being able to aim properly is much much harder. You can always spam easier maps later on with 99% + accuracy to farm accuracy. So, in short, learn to aim properly.
Vuelo Eluko

Arthraxium wrote:

As far as I have experienced, I also started to practice more on my aim, but it left me with having much difficulty on low-AR maps
then you were not practicing aim, read what i wrote on the matter of getting aim. it's not about playing ar10 shitmaps with fullscreen jumps or dt pp maps, high ar comes automatically by playing it, much like accuracy. no point in touching it early on.
E m i

Arthraxium wrote:

this is a rhythm game
xdddddddddddddddd
Sayorie

JackFrost141 wrote:

so i will usaaly hit notes to early then move on to the next leading me to fail very quickly and i have very fast aim so when i am on maps that require me to go fast i do good but when they slow down during jumps it fails me, i would like someone help me break this habit before it gets very bad and if possible give me more solutions than to just play more, ty for the help
Pardon me, but I actually put some light on improving aim as well, but OP's question is more directed on the having problems with accuracy on hitting notes.

OP has fast aim, and he probably implied that he has no problem with his aim.

but when they slow down during jumps it fails me
Is this a snapping problem, or you just click too early? Learn to listen to the song. If you have problems like consistent 50's or 100's on certain parts, you can listen to it first on auto so that you will know the timing of your clicks on that certain part.
Vuelo Eluko
what does accuracy have to do with his problem if the issue is his aim/reading are too bad to play maps properly? acc is irrelevant here.

doesnt matter how precisely he can hit in the 300 window if his cursor and eyes are getting ahead of themselves. fast aim = good? i can jerk my cursor around the screen spasmodically too and hit a few notes in a row, that's basically the key to not failing on up all night dt when you aren't good enough to play it, and that's not aiming..
Yuudachi-kun
Acc is really good because it's so juciy on high ods I wish I had acc hth
Ninonuko
I learn aim and speed first, now 60% of my top 10 biggest pps are choke, help.
Hula
if you're getting -15+6ms and like <120 UR on like every map when you hover over the graph at the end, you will want to increase your Universal offset. But it could be that you're hitting too fast cos you're nervous you'll hit late. I play with +8-10 UO.
Mahogany
Acc isn't important
sottovoce

Arthraxium wrote:

xxjesus1412fanx wrote:

and as always
play more
play a lot more

Let us remind ourselves that this is a rhythm game, and thus rhythm could most likely be the most important aspect when playing. I don't know if you are trolling or not, but I have read a number of threads that actually suggest focusing on accuracy rather than aim.

As far as I have experienced, I also started to practice more on my aim, but it left me with having much difficulty on low-AR maps and I just get easily rekt on long streams. Don't worry becuase I noticed that improvement in aim comes along as you practice yourself on accuracy.

DT farmers which I know just like to play whack-a-mole and blaze their cursors over the screen, while they almost always click too early on AR 7-9 maps.

But simply speaking, dear OP, while focusing on accuracy may be helpful too, or just simply improving your aim would do, this is a rhythm game, and it's all about rhythm.
Let's remind ourselves that this is an aiming game. Aiming is the most important skill.
Having good acc is nice but at least 70% is aim.

You also seem to be unfamiliar with how the Double Time mod works. Double Time reduces the timing window to hit a 300 by 50%. Therefore, in effect it increase the 'overall difficulty' (how hard it is to get good acc) by 50%. Now you understand why you look pretty foolish saying DT is a 'whack-a-mole' mod.
If someone is 'farming' DT, they're getting increased pp... because of their accuracy. :roll:

edit: I meant that it effectively increases OD by 33% (not 50), sorry.
Ninonuko
...... It's so disgusting when unknowledgeable no mod player being disrespectful toward dt player.
Sayorie

Ninonuko wrote:

...... It's so disgusting when unknowledgeable no mod player being disrespectful toward dt player.
>disrespectful

Having an informative argument against someone is not disrespectful. I'm acknowledging him already, and I'm also just driving out my point here. I admit that I can be wrong, but I based my insight from a handful of claims from players out there who are better than me anyway. Also, we all have different ways to improve ourselves. We're just posting advises here.
Ninonuko
You're just basically telling someone who have good acc dt scores and have some good effort getting them is playing "whack a mole".
You just have bad acc dt scores as your best performance, you don't even have any idea how hard is it yet you just tell DT farmers are like to play whack a mole.
You don't feel being disrespectful? just do anything you want.
Sayorie

Ninonuko wrote:

You're just basically telling someone who have good acc dt scores and have some good effort getting them is playing "whack a mole".
You just have bad acc dt scores as your best performance, you don't even have any idea how hard is it yet you just tell DT farmers are like to play whack a mole.
You don't feel being disrespectful? just do anything you want.
This guy haha
Ameth Rianno
Please use the "Private Message" feature! It's there and why not use it up? It's a great feature to use, to chit-chat 'disrespectful' like that!
deadbeat
how did i miss this in my recent clean up :/
away with you to G&R
Sayorie
Now we judge people's opinions based on their own stats rather than objectively looking into the insight that they give. I think you got triggered and even went to judge me based on my stats. I just got my insight from the collective ideas that I got all around this forum.

Sorry, I think I got triggered too

I know that I'm just a low-life scrub, so don't be mad :) :)
show more