forum

osuIdol 2 [Round 2 in Progress!]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Sleep Powder
I agree with KoromoAmae, Powerdrone is very excellent at singing and a possible final round competitor.

I know I'm not very good at singing. I've noticed that I lack control in my singing. Pronunciation and notes are
messy and all over the place. If I manage to control my singing more I might have a chance too...maybe.

(Also, I finally found my song~ I won't say what it is...but just know I'm preparing to practice the song a bit first)
eee
I think the theme is AWESOME!!!
you guys better deliver!
Sweagen
I think I have my song... :)

Now to sing it over and over until it's good...
EvianBubble
Whenever I sing I sound so LG ... OTL
Phyrearms
LG = Lawful Good? :)
EvianBubble

Phyrearms wrote:

LG = Lawful Good? :)
LG = Little Girl orz
Lanttu
Urmmmm, just wondering, is it possible to change the song I chose to sing? No, I still haven't recorded anything but I sent the PM about the song some time ago. ;_;
Topic Starter
Larto
Of course.
Natteke
I support Garven-United.
Powerdrone
I support me and my terrible singing.
Cheery
Wow aren't I late. :(
Krisom
I'll step back, sorry.

Main reason is that my microphone is not working properly and (by example) everytime I hold a note it seems that my voice fades away when I'm actually trying to sing louder. Well, that and much more microphone shit. I tried to get another one but failed, so yeah, sorry.
Haneii
;~;
Sleep Powder
I wish I had more free time to practice more...I just went with a decent recording which I saved in case I couldn't practice enough of what I originally planned.
Garven
Well, we've got our five eliminated. Next round~ :/
Derekku
Earlier:
[17:39] <+Royal_Maid_Agnes> Hey, Larto, do we judge sometime today
[17:39] <Larto> Royal_Maid_Agnes: I've decided to give the few people who haven't sent in their entries yet another day
*hides*
Sweagen

Derekku wrote:

Earlier:
[17:39] <+Royal_Maid_Agnes> Hey, Larto, do we judge sometime today
[17:39] <Larto> Royal_Maid_Agnes: I've decided to give the few people who haven't sent in their entries yet another day
*hides*
Ahhhh sounds good

It would be a real shame if we were just out 5 submissions like that. :?
EvianBubble
That would be me ... 'cus my microphone decides to work one day then not the next orz >_<
Sleep Powder
So did the rest of you guys manage to send your recording yet?
Topic Starter
Larto
I'm having some problems uploading the tracks. Once they're uploaded, voting will start. Sorry for the delay.
KoromoAmae
I wouldn't let a terrible microphone deter me from recording. My submission for this round sounds awful. About half of that is due to the state I need to be in to actually use a gritty voice, but the other half is the ridiculously bad headset I have.

The whole point is to have fun, so don't let bad equipment hold you back. Just enjoy singing the song and send it in.
Derekku
I'M DONE SINGING DAMMIT

Hopefully you will still accept my orzy late entry, Larto-san. ;x;
Sweagen
I use my laptop mic and my quality isn't very good either... it sounds really messed up whenever I sing really loud notes (but some of you probably already know that xD)

oh and

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE :)
Agnes
:I *waiting*
EvianBubble
I'll have to withdraw, curse my stupid microphone -_-"
Good luck everyone, I'll still be keeping tabs on this :)
Topic Starter
Larto
There we go. I'm sorry for the delay.
Sleep Powder
I'll probably be eliminated this round D:

It was nice knowing you guys lol
Phyrearms
sometimes I wish my recording mic wasn't as good as it is; it would cover up a lot of imperfections xD
alvisto

animask wrote:

I'll probably be eliminated this round D:

It was nice knowing you guys lol
mm201
Yeh umm. If I live to the next round, I'll see if I can't hang around in the office till 8pm or so, so I can sing full voice. Because these quiet ones really aren't working...
Phyrearms

MetalMario201 wrote:

Yeh umm. If I live to the next round, I'll see if I can't hang around in the office till 8pm or so, so I can sing full voice. Because these quiet ones really aren't working...
Same issue I'm running into; mostly singing too quietly so it's hard to hold a note without wavering. :o
Garven
I have to tone myself down lest I overload my crappy headset mic. :/
Topic Starter
Larto
Judging done. Powerdrone, Neo@lex, Jarby, MetalMario201 and Mashley sadly have to leave this round.

For this round, the voting was the same as in osu!Idol 1 as to make things more balanced. Well, that was a failed try.
Also, the results are kinda hilarious. I think by now we should accept that this contest just isn't meant to be taken seriously. =p

EDIT: waitaminute MB and Neo@lex have the same amount of points. Uh. Alright, since it wouldn't be fair to throw out another person after it was officially announced that that person would get to go on, I'll give both of them one more chance.

EDIT2: Oh, and yeah, Ephemeral is too sick to judge.
Ephemeral
Well..

I got better.
Sleep Powder
...I did...decent?!?

its sad that Powerdrone didn't make it tho :(
Ekaru

Larto wrote:

I think by now we should accept that this contest just isn't meant to be taken seriously. =p
But my entry was super serious and I spent lots of time and effort on it! It... it... it can't be true. ;_;
Powerdrone

animask wrote:

...I did...decent?!?

its sad that Powerdrone didn't make it tho :(
Awww, thanks!

I thought I performed my song pretty well...

I'll take a listen to the others and draw my own conclusions lol. I'm glad I made it past the preliminaries though!
Yoichi Sturmhimmel
Posting what i think will be Jarby's reaction:

Damn. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( Oh Well.
Topic Starter
Larto
HI LIAM
Sweagen
I am also surprised I did decent... I was kinda hyper when I sung the song and wasn't sure if I did a good job... I only realized after I was a bit slow on the main part 687-5309 and I was worried I was going to be eliminated. :D

I still don't see how I did better than Haneii and some other people... :?

I'm liking some of these entries though a lot (especially Lanttu she sounds great)! And yeah, the judging is still kinda all over the place xD
show more