GMT 18:05 :D
Lanttu

Krisom wrote:

Even if the deadline is alredy over, the judging won't be so quick x_x
Oh yeah, forgot all about that. *cough*

Well glad to see that almost all of the list is blue now~
Topic Starter
Larto
Judges are judging this very moment! Expect the results soon!
ztrot
B) sent mine in hours ago but it sucked something out of this world >~<
Sleep Powder
Cool~ Judging started already~
I was thinking it would take the whole day to judge and by tomorrow it would be done.
I'm thinking it might be sooner...idk
adam2046

ztrot wrote:

B) sent mine in hours ago but it sucked something out of this world >~<
Should have sent in one of your vent freestyles.
Ekaru
Someone remind me again why I belted into the microphone a song I knew from my childhood and submitted that as an entry without even listening to it first. Especially when there were songs I practiced a lot that I could have sung instead.

Then again it's getting some laughs (for all the wrong reasons) so it worked out in a really weird, fucked-up way.
eee
I tried, I really did, but this A capella stuff was difficult.
I should have to time to listen to the entries and monitor the game.
good luck guys (turnout was amazing, even though deadline had to be extended)
KoromoAmae
Eagerly awaiting the first theme. I hope it's an interesting one.
EvianBubble
I want to know but I don't want to know. OH THE SUSPENSE!
A capella was freaking hard. I was like ... ack! My voice! D:
Watch me be the only girl AHAHAHAHAHAHA
Danneh
Sorr-ay Larto dude, school kills my free time =(
*sighh* owned XD

Yo all, good luck in the next rounds! =D
Lanttu

EvianBubble wrote:

Watch me be the only girl AHAHAHAHAHAHA
Oh no you aren't AHAHAHAHAHAHA
Topic Starter
Larto
Results are in! I'm sorry weezy47, yangzd88, rust45, adam2046, Xgor, Teta and Ekaru, but thanks for participating! Well, not sorry for Ekaru. You were silly!
Mashley
fu Ekaru was amazing
Xgor
D:
Ekaru

Larto wrote:

Well, not sorry for Ekaru. You were silly!
It's fine 'cuz...

Curisu
:cry: It's fine..
Go go alvisto :)

Does osu idol has song's language restrict?= =||
Ekaru

yangzd88 wrote:

:cry: It's fine..
Go go alvisto :)

Does osu idol has song's language restrict?= =||
No, there's no language restriction. You can sing in the language of the Bo and still have your entry accepted (and yes, I'm dead serious. Ask Larto about that one).

And hey, you were only 2 points away from making the cut. You might actually make it next time.
adam2046
If I had known this round's entries would be posted up, I probably would have put some more effort into, at least, actually singing the right lyrics...
Garven
Come now, this event is all about parading everyone's wonderful voices about.

There's some good vocalists here though. I can't wait to hear what comes out of this next round.
EvianBubble
Theme = WTF D<
Might have to do some searching for this LOL :P
Lanttu

EvianBubble wrote:

Theme = WTF
lol agreed.

I actually sent my song choice already but then I started to think again... Umm, the songs didn't have to be from osu, did they? ;_;
Topic Starter
Larto

Lanttu wrote:

EvianBubble wrote:

Theme = WTF
lol agreed.

I actually sent my song choice already but then I started to think again... Umm, the songs didn't have to be from osu, did they? ;_;
Of course not.
Jarby

EvianBubble wrote:

Theme = WTF D<
rust45
Man, I have the perfect song for this theme. Oh well, good luck to the rest of the contestants.
Ekaru

Jarby wrote:

EvianBubble wrote:

Theme = WTF D<
This, this, and this. Unless you thought that the theme meant that you had to find a song from 1010 or earlier, but that would just be ridiculous.

Just sing something from The Beatles or Queen if you really can't find anything.
Powerdrone
Double post what
heintsi
Go Go Lanttu! :D Really good singing and clear pronouncing of japanese.
Also good luck to everyone else participating this :)
EvianBubble
Lol you guys, what I meant was "most of the music I listen to is publisehd 20xx, and I don't know that many songs from 19xx" ... I guess my post was kind of vague but I have no idea how you interpreted it XD
Anyway I found some good songs but my voice range is so small lol D;
Sleep Powder
EDIT: oh nvm...I got it

Before 2000 right?

I'm pretty satisfied with my score...even though I almost got eliminated.
I was really inconsistent with my singing. My consistency was the biggest issue that there was.
I thought I had a decent voice and performed decently. Next time I'll probably do better since now
I have more time to practice and perform smoother than my last.
Nekoroll
My two cents:

I find it strange that so many people's results have such strikingly polar opposite ratings from the judges. To be frank, I think there needs to be more strict guidelines on what to look for in a person's singing that defines it as unacceptable, awful, bad, okay, good, and flawless (in respects to rankings of 0-2-4-6-8-10). I don't think I would give anyone a 10 unless they were absolutely great and you have no flaws to point out. I find it even more strange to give multiple people rankings of 10. Are you saying that you wouldn't say that a certain 10-ranked singer sang their entry better or worse than another 10-ranker?

All in all, I agree most with Ephemeral's ratings (not to single you out or anything, Eph). I find that they adhere best to the guidelines with no bias involved or anything else that might affect a score.
Sleep Powder
@ Nekoroll

I agree with Ephemeral's ratings too. They felt like the most trustworthy of scores. Most of the scores (not just 10's) made it seem like everyone else wasn't taking the scoring very seriously. 10's should rarely be given unless it really was a flawless performance.

why was I here again...oh yea~

Ekaru's singing reminds me sooo much of Barney and Friends lol
Nekoroll
The quantity of each rank given by each judge:

I sort of see a problem with this.
Sweagen
WOO the results are up! This is awesome! I got in! :)

And the theme is pretty easy to find a song for too... :D

@ Nekoroll: Yes, I think there's way too much variety from the panel and there need to be clearer parameters for the grades...

I mean I got a 3 ... I don't think I was that bad, and I think animask should have been higher and a few other people too (I can give examples when I finish listening to these lol) :(

Edit: Ahhh I've listened to at least half of them and the judges are EVERYWHERE. It's like there's 1 or 2 judges on each person who voted completely differently...

In later rounds of Osu idol they usually provide commentary so we can see why they voted why they did, right? Because right now there's a lot of mixed reactions... :lol:
KoromoAmae
The judges are wildly varied, but we don't know if any of them actually know anything about music or not, so it's hard to judge their judgments.
Nekoroll
Voting for Mogsworth to be a judge. :V lol
Sleep Powder

Nekoroll wrote:

Voting for Mogsworth to be a judge. :V lol
He could be like Simon from American Idol~
Jarby
I thought ranking them from best to worst on a per judge basis was a better idea. Oh well.
Lizzehb
Mogsy SHOULD be a judge because he actually knows music stuff.
ztrot
herp done derp
show more