forum

[resolved] osu getting stuck on loading beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TheLukay
Problem Details:

So I had this a few times that osu would reload all maps when clicking on a beatmap as if i've pressed F5.
Not really a bother since it happens not even once a week. But today it got stuck on it. As soon as it finished, it starts to reload again. So far, that issue with osu reloading maps only happens when I click on a map, at random so I have no idea how to reproduce it(except clicking on maps for hours maybe). It also doesn't stop when I leave the osu window(0:00-0:03 and 0:26-0:29)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

https://youtu.be/TGaksLOXoyk

osu! version: 20151023.5cuttingedge
VeilStar
The reloading of all your maps would only happen if you click on a beatmap that is either corrupt or not properly saved in your osu!.db file.
If it's looping this process to no end, well, a map in your osu!.db or Songs folder is probably screwed.

Close osu! and move the osu!.db file out of the osu! folder (or you can also either delete or rename the osu!.db file, that's up to you) and then launch osu! again for it to do a full re-process of all your beatmaps. The star rating/difficulty of all your maps will have to be re-calculated, and all your maps will be marked as unplayed, so it's not an ideal solution, but unfortunately the only solution there is.

That fixes this in most cases. If it doesn't, there's some funky stuff going on for one or more of your beatmaps and you'd have to figure out which beatmaps are affected, remove those from the songs folder, and refresh the osu!.db file.
Topic Starter
TheLukay
hm that's probably it, at least there are no errors with loading maps anymore. The next days will tell if some maps are screwed up.