forum

Custom FPS Limiter on Menu

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
-Lunatic
Like Unlimited(gameplay) that caps the FPS on menu to avoid unnecessary cpu usage, there could be a option that let the users limit their fps on menu, even with a different FPS limiter on gameplay

i play on 240 fps and it's very annyoning when my potato laptop overheats on menu at 240fps, plus i'm so lazy to 3xF7 everytime i go to map select
Nanosinix
Not sure if this is really something needed for players, as the menu's FPS isn't that important compared to the game itself.

If your laptop is overheating, try just running Osu! with the FPS limit to "VSync", it locks it to 60hz* and is basically 60 FPS with Vsync (As the name should imply).
If the above doesn't work, try to disable some options along with the limit set to "VSync".

Anyways, I do not support this request as its not too needed for most players, as computer and technology are growing in power. There are workarounds as well if your one who has a poor computer (listed above, you can search online to see if theres any other ways to help)
Sorry :(

*Note: For me it locks to 60hz, maybe it locks to the monitor's refresh rate?

PS, The human eye can only see 60 FPS, so 60+ FPS isn't really required. And it takes up extra CPU.
abraker

SeniorKitten wrote:

PS, The human eye can only see 60 FPS, so 60+ FPS isn't really required. And it takes up extra CPU.
That is technically not true, the human eye can see well above that if you consider fast moving objects on screen. You do notice the 1/60th second tearing on unlimited fps, right? And the time (1/60th of a second) high contrast objects last onscreen, at least to me, is long enough to be caught by persistence of vision such that I have absolutely no trouble seeing it.

Anyway, there should be the "unlimited (gameplay)" option in osu! Have you tried that?