forum

Native OSU in Linux new developed

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
oriaj593
hi, i ask if OSU is open source, and where i can find the code, i want start a developer to run osu in linux, without using wine, I suppose that the actual version was developed in .NET, i want intent develop a version maybe in JAVA that can be used in all operating system
peppy
The .NET code is already cross-platform. It is not open-source yet, but we are working towards such a future. Also, there is already an unofficial java version which works pretty well.

All of this information could be found if you looked around for a few minutes, for what it's worth.
Crow
to bad tho, can't wait for osu to come to linux. than i can finaly ditch windows :S.
Howl

crow wrote:

to bad tho, can't wait for osu to come to linux. than i can finaly ditch windows :S.
You already can!
Houtarou Oreki

Howl wrote:

crow wrote:

You already can!

Sadly this doesn't work for me since osu! started to require .net3 (4?)
So.. yeah.. can't ditch windows yet.
Crow

Houtarou Oreki wrote:

Howl wrote:

crow wrote:

You already can!

Sadly this doesn't work for me since osu! started to require .net3 (4?)
So.. yeah.. can't ditch windows yet.

Haha, indeed also the link provided still uses wine... wich i totaly hate. Even if the latency issue is "fixed", wine will not have the processing power a real native program will provide. So for me it will be waiting till peppy gets his godly hands on that source.
Endaris

peppy wrote:

Also, there is already an unofficial java version which works pretty well.
Did you guys try this too?
Crow

Endaris wrote:

peppy wrote:

Also, there is already an unofficial java version which works pretty well.

Did you guys try this too?

Yesh, but opsu Isn't as optimized at osu. So i would really like to see osu running like it does on windows. And for sure ppy can do this. Sooooon