forum

Shiokara-zu - Ink Me Up [Taiko]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Myxo
Disqualified.
ZiRoX
According to a discussion I had with KwaN, Artist should be シオカラーズ and Romanized Artist would be (she wasn't sure) Shiokara-zu.

For anyone interested, the CD publisher link mentioned on that PM is this
Nardoxyribonucleic

If the artist is "シオカラーズ", then why "キミ色に染めて" is not used as song title but "Ink Me Up"?
Topic Starter
OzzyOzrock

Nardoxyribonucleic wrote:

If the artist is "シオカラーズ", then why "キミ色に染めて" is not used as song title but "Ink Me Up"?
I asked!

Nardoxyribonucleic
Alright, let's have a try again.

Rebubbled~
Raiden
Heart Me Up
Surono
try THUNDAAAAAAaa
alacat
Why did you keep romanised ver (Ink Me Up) on title ?

I think [Title : キミ色に染めて, Romanised : Ink Me Up] is correct according this image. Because this game is from Japanese. So it's better to use Japanese on title.

IamKwaN wrote:

Also, the official romanisation of this song is Ink Me Up. Please let me know the reason why you do not use it.
How do you think ?
IamKwaN
We use official translation when there's one. And the two screenshots linked is from the same CD booklet, i.e. the publisher has translated name for each of the song included in the original soundtrack.
alacat
oh both are official

well, official always use "キミ色に染めて" to this song

official Karaoke video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp3Rm7j1X4o

official Twitter : http://puu.sh/qS8t4/9d3701c111.png

So "キミ色に染めて/Kimiiro ni Somete" is correct ?.?
IamKwaN
Consequently, do you mean Ink Me Up is incorrect?
alacat
Maybe yes. That title is official but it's translation version. So this

alacat wrote:

This game is from Japanese. So it's better to use Japanese on title.
I don't know why take only translation version.
IamKwaN
I have absolutely no idea why something stated inside a booklet is incorrect

@Fycho, your thoughts please
Fycho
Pretty agree with alacat, Ink Me Up is translation of the original title, the original title is キミ色に染めて.(Song language is Japanese)
So we take キミ色に染めて as title, Ink Me Up as romanised title.

If Ink Me Up is the original title, why the author didn't put them in this booklet? just like all other songs that use English title.
This mostly means the author wants the song be a japanese title(or creating the lyric with a japanese way), and for English-speak country, the author translated it. It's different from Tentacular Circus(a song that has english title as original one in the same album)

We take original title as title, if the original title has translated title or official English title, and we use it on romanised title field, but the title should keeps the original ones; else we romanise them.
I wonder since when has this changed?

This should be fixed.
Topic Starter
OzzyOzrock
Fixed! WHATTHEFUCK
IamKwaN
"So we take キミ色に染めて as title, Ink Me Up as romanised title."

Isn't this the metadata of this map before disqualification?
Fycho
The map used Ink Me Up in both title and romanised title.
IamKwaN
I guess we have all mistaken something. I thought Ozzy only replaced the Romanised Title by Ink Me Up, and left the Unicode Title as キミ色に染めて. alacat's words also misled me for a while, I thought he was talking about Romanised Title should be Japanese romaji, translated title is wrong in this case.

All in all, Fycho's suggestion is exactly what I mean in my post before disqualification.

Checked the metadata again, should be good to go now. Sorry for the mess, good luck!
Topic Starter
OzzyOzrock
IT'S ALWAYS MY FAULT
Nardoxyribonucleic

By the first line of the screenshot I thought KwaN was saying that the translated title should be used in both title and romanised title lol.

Rechecked again and everything should be fine. We should avoid such communication blocks next time.

Re-rebubbled~
alacat
ok, Back!
tasuke912
Gratz!
Raiden
alacat ninja-ing me good job BYE