forum

nora2r - B.B.K.K.B.K.K. (Extended Mix) [OsuMania]

posted
Total Posts
show more
ilikecatsalot
02:16:034 (136034|0) -
02:20:269 (140269|0)
I feel like the scratch jacks don't play well here because of 8th notes on a key like shift is already weird. another reason is that the notes that are following the "bass" vocal are unpredictable
Why not make it a stair pattern or something like ( 1, 7, 2, 6, 3, 5, 4 )?
Edit: The jacks are able to be done but, another solution to the problem is to have it so the pattern is ( 8, 1, 8, 1) etc
xanibabe
02:16:034 (136034|0,136299|0,136607|0,136916|0,137210|0,137446|0,137681|0,137916|0) - While I understand the reasoning behind the scratch jacks, I don't think it's playable. It's all on one column so the player will most likely attempt to read this as a jack and expect consistent spacing, however the spacing is not consistent throughout the section. Sure it follows the song, but so would a stair pattern spread across all fingers or a trill or some other pattern that could be much more readable and playable.
lemonguy
Okay my opinion is going to be the same whether or not the dual-scratch functionality is good or not. I don't think that having a bunch of scratches at a non-consistent speed is a good idea. You don't see that on really any other maps whether it is 8k or any other keymode. It's like the same as mapping the drums all to one key and making a completely unnecessary jack. In this case it is especially bad because the scratches do not follow a consistent speed, and it makes it really hard to read. There is no reason for it here in my opinion. I would suggest using a stair pattern instead that leads into a scratch hold as the last note, as this would be much easier to read and much more justifiable.
pocket-Gao
人间のくず
AncuL

pocket-Gao wrote:

cant play 8K = have no right to meme

plz stop
they are giving feedbacks to the mapper. however, the mapper's "friends" kinda "defends" the whole pattern. giving answer to the feedbacks as "you cant play 8k" and something similiar. you might want to take the feedback seriously and answer their question with reasonable answer.

the map is very nice actually. had some fun on it. but my (and everyone else's) is the scratch jacks. i needed to hit it with my middle finger lmao. so sad that the mapper actually doesnt behave that good at feedbacks
xch00F
the scratch-jacks are unable to be played due to an inherent issue with the osu!mania engine
you need to fix them
paperlens
你们真是不知疲倦
MeowPaz
飞机飞机飞
pocket-Gao
请允许我最后一条reply

I went to ask some highPP player .???? didnt know set this

L M A O
Topic Starter
[Emiria]
几天没看,这么快就5页了。
希望早日修好皿的按键位图把
richardfeder

xanibabe wrote:

02:16:034 (136034|0,136299|0,136607|0,136916|0,137210|0,137446|0,137681|0,137916|0) - While I understand the reasoning behind the scratch jacks, I don't think it's playable.
It is definitely playable. It is hard but absolutely manageable.

It's all on one column so the player will most likely attempt to read this as a jack and expect consistent spacing, however the spacing is not consistent throughout the section.
It doesn't look like a consistent spacing jack at all, especially with a high scroll speed. A player with good reading skill should notice that easily.

Sure it follows the song, but so would a stair pattern spread across all fingers or a trill or some other pattern that could be much more readable and playable.
I agree and indeed maybe some players prefer a easier/more readable pattern, but it is not mandatory for vitorica to provide such a pattern. He has his own pattern in mind and he likes it, and it is totally reasonable and playable. I don't see the necessity for victorica to make any change.

Gekido- wrote:

Okay my opinion is going to be the same whether or not the dual-scratch functionality is good or not. I don't think that having a bunch of scratches at a non-consistent speed is a good idea.
It is definitely not player-friendly but whether it is a good idea or not is very subjective. Think about jack/LN walls or any other "controversial" pattern in general. There are always people out there against certain patterns that they don't like or they believe improper. In my opinion, the pattern "having a bunch of scratches at a non-consistent speed" is challenging(however, fits the overall difficulty of this chart), but pretty fun at the same time and follows the music well.

You don't see that on really any other maps whether it is 8k or any other keymode.
There are actually plenty of BMS charts that have this patterns I believe.

It's like the same as mapping the drums all to one key and making a completely unnecessary jack. In this case it is especially bad because the scratches do not follow a consistent speed, and it makes it really hard to read. There is no reason for it here in my opinion. I would suggest using a stair pattern instead that leads into a scratch hold as the last note, as this would be much easier to read and much more justifiable.
As I said above, I do believe a stair pattern would be much better, but I also would like to remind all modders/players to respect victorica's opinions. This is after all his map.

Choofers wrote:

the scratch-jacks are unable to be played due to an inherent issue with the osu!mania engine
you need to fix them
Mapper has no responsibility to fix any game issue.
Blocko
So, after discussing this map with players and other staff members, I've disqualified this for now until the following issue has been addressed, mainly the scratch jack layering at 02:16:034 -.

I did say the jacks are alright and not really brutal, but judging by the replays this map has, the vast majority of players won't be able to pull this off properly without a proper fix to the dual scratch mechanic. Layering the vocal only at the scratch lane may be justifiable because it's 'technically correct', but playability should also be taken into account since that's one of the most important aspects in ranking a map. Even when the rest of the map is easily playable, if a lot of players aren't able to play through a section properly, that's enough indication that that section plays really awkwardly and the pattern should be changed to something more playable and comfortable to do.

I also did say that a bug in a game should not deter a map's rankability, but it still doesn't change the fact that the scratch jacks don't play very well to a huge majority of the playerbase with or without the buggy mechanic.

Furthermore, the issue with the dual scratch mechanic has been addressed, but there hasn't been a response to this bug since the thread was created 5 months ago: t/392668
There's also this thread that addresses the issue but it's been 2 years since this thread was made: t/210492
I don't think we're gonna be seeing a fix on this real soon considering that we haven't gotten a proper fix to the faulty mechanic, so it'd a lot better to change the pattern at 02:16:034 - to comply with osu!'s current mechanic.

Also, please address the mods given while the map was qualified:
p/5038404 p/5052301 p/5052342 p/5052349
Overall, it's a neat map, but don't just ignore these mods. A response from you is really needed so we can make a compromise to that section.

Good luck, and I hope to see this ranked in the near future.
SYAHME
As soon I click this map, It got dq. :(
Kamikaze
Before anyone says anything, I'll say this: I feel bad for Blocko, he's literally between anvil and a hammer.

I'm also against this decision, but what's been done is done
PANDAAAAAAAA
03:35:093 - 03:54:857 - should remove kiai
i can't see what different with 03:12:504 - 03:33:681 - except bbkkbkk sounds.
YatsuKaori
The Drama Ended
The Map DQ-ed
Sandalphon
poor richardfeder, just reply all the mod and then map get DQ
Akasha-
Call me when you then to rebubble/requalify then.
Although i really don't want this map get DQ-ed, it's the bug in the game, not created by the map themselfves
Ayachi-
Lol disqualified
ExPew
ah okay since jack scratch does not support already i'd like victorica move them to 2nd column jack(lol) :P as long the music/voice still appropriate to make it jack pattern. i know he not going easy to change it and make it graveyard
moni
just feedback
but mapper must do it

is it really just a feedback
Topic Starter
[Emiria]
,可以 可以
烦的一比
Zan-

victorica_db wrote:

,可以 可以
烦的一比
随它去xxx
Akasha-
没有变化。
Kamikaze
Okay, let me suggest something that will keep the scratching part but also remove the strain from having a 1/4 jack.
You can turn 02:19:740 (139740|0,139828|0,139916|0,140004|0,140093|0,140181|0) - into either a LN that ends on 02:20:181 - to mark sounds currently mapped with a jack, or just start 02:20:269 (140269|0) - at 02:19:740 - .
I did FC the jack 2 out of 3 times that I played it, but meh, it may be for better to change it.

Let me know when you adress those posts, I'm up for requalifying this map
Kinomi
Then just change that pattern, ok it is your choice db, then let it sink, this is, the ridiculous game what always makes me create meme legend limited your mapping, not your map's quality problem. If it is std i can give you a better choice but it is mania so sorry my db.

Best mod will tell you how to change, not say you should change, maybe dq happened when many people say you should change but, I think you should reject all mod till an interesting suggestion appear.
Topic Starter
[Emiria]
i only want to say nice DQ which is impossible for me to do rerank again because i wont change that part. never.although thats as your said that the osu mania itself cant do scratch well

1.it is the part to connect the early Part
2.scratch pattern is the best way to express this part in my opinion
3.it just a normal pattern for 7+1 map
4.it just follow the rc
5.if u cant play this part ok u just cant play this map it is the easy part in this map
6.i think most people cant use double scratch key. so the problem wont exist. and most u all are keyboard player.although there are some jacks here ,no other keys here .u can use all your energy to press. if u can achieve A rank on this map i think it wont be a problem.i find many testers they dont tell me "this part cant play "
i cant understand why dQ my map ? i cant understand the when one people come to said that this part is hard to play and cant play it well ,then a lot of people that i havent seen before come to here to attack me again and agian.
i cant understand the way of how u mapping . i cant understand that u all always want to find something to start drama in all my map
i think 99% of u think my map is shit. i cant deny. i still just study from day to day.
i never use style to express mapping
i just choose the best way in my mind to map a song
if i think the map itself is shit i dont want to let it rank. in fact ,i just consider my BBKKBKK is a "good map" in my mind

thats all
just go to play whatever maps that u want play.

for nowsmart . i can set kiai every place if i want to do.
Topic Starter
[Emiria]
啊 我为啥要看英文论文 。。
Feerum
Hi victorica, sad to see this get's dq'ed but i'm sure we can get it back to the qualify.
Also i would like to say something to your Map and your post because i think you did understand something completely wrong.

victorica_db wrote:

i only want to say nice DQ which is impossible for me to do rerank again because i wont change that part. never.although thats as your said that the osu mania itself cant do scratch well
Yeah it's an game issue, not an issue in your Map. But this issue exist and when too many player complain about it you should consider to change it.

victorica_db wrote:

]1.it is the part to connect the early Part
4.it just follow the rc
Agree here with you. You did nothing wrong.

victorica_db wrote:

]6.i think most people cant use double scratch key. so the problem wont exist. and most u all are keyboard player.although there are some jacks here ,no other keys here .u can use all your energy to press. if u can achieve A rank on this map i think it wont be a problem.i find many testers they dont tell me "this part cant play "
You can find so many testers for you map as you wont. The most ppl start to play a Map when it get's qualified.

victorica_db wrote:

]i cant understand why dQ my map ? i cant understand the when one people come to said that this part is hard to play and cant play it well ,then a lot of people that i haven't seen before come to here to attack me again and agian. i cant understand the way of how u mapping . i cant understand that u all always want to find something to start drama in all my map
The DQ is because of the Scratch Part. We can really long discuss about this and i think both sides are right. A ingame Bug should not affect the rankability of a Map but you also have to understand that while this Bug exist you should avoid to Map like this. No one said these are bad Pattern (That's why i didn't mention them in my qualify check), they are just not playable while this bug exist, that's all.
Also no one did attack you here as a person or as a Mapper. No one. They just try to help you and give you feedback how you could make it better, how you could keep your style and make it still playable.

victorica_db wrote:

]i think 99% of u think my map is shit. i cant deny. i still just study from day to day.
I confess i didn't read the whole thread but i think no one said your map is shit. On the contrary player even like your map.
Look here:

iJinJin wrote:

Very solid map otherwise, good job ^^

stupud man wrote:

I really like everything about this map, except for one part
Where you can read here this Map is shit? No one said this! Don't imagine something that does not exist.
If this Map would be shit i wouldn't qualify it before :P
Please, everyone is only here to help you.

Like you see no one did hate you here. They just want to help, me too
Please consider about Kamikaze's suggestion, it would be really sad when this get's now into the graveyard just because you don't want to change this Part.
Even when you don't like Kamikaze's suggestion, i'm sure we can find something where everyone will be happy and we can move it back to the Qualified state.

Call me whenever you need me here, would be really happy if i can help you!
stupud man

richardfeder wrote:

Gekido- wrote:

Okay my opinion is going to be the same whether or not the dual-scratch functionality is good or not. I don't think that having a bunch of scratches at a non-consistent speed is a good idea.

You don't see that on really any other maps whether it is 8k or any other keymode.
There are actually plenty of BMS charts that have this patterns I believe.
Name one. BMS charts may have scratches in them (the game also supports doublescratching!!!), but not a long stream of inconsistently spaced ones. Thats the issue with this map. Will respond to your other comments when I get home.

@victorica
Yeah, scratches are a great way to represent vocals, sure, but from a playability standpoint its much worse, at least when the scratches have odd and inconsistent spacing between them. Please understand.
xch00F

victorica_db wrote:

1.it is the part to connect the early Part
this is called climax theory

it may be the "best way" to express what's going on musically, and
I know that scratch jacks are a thing in iidx/bms, but

5.if u cant play this part ok u just cant play this map it is the easy part in this map
it's actually not the easier part in the map

6.i think most people cant use double scratch key. so the problem wont exist. and most u all are keyboard player.although there are some jacks here ,no other keys here .u can use all your energy to press. if u can achieve A rank on this map i think it wont be a problem.i find many testers they dont tell me "this part cant play "
there's a difference between achieving an A on a map due to a player's lack of skill, and achieving an A on a map due to an inherent issue with the engine. I have a few maps on o!m that are probably harder than anything you'll ever make, but they are not limited by the engine itself.

i cant understand why dQ my map ?
because you fail to see why the scratch jack section is an objective issue

i cant understand the when one people come to said that this part is hard to play and cant play it well ,then a lot of people that i havent seen before come to here to attack me again and agian.
it's because you're victoria; you have a certain type of arrogance that warrants people starting drama

i cant understand the way of how u mapping . i cant understand that u all always want to find something to start drama in all my map
it's not your maps that cause drama. it's your attitude that causes drama

i think 99% of u think my map is shit. i cant deny. i still just study from day to day.
I'm almost certain that the people who have posted in this thread think that your map has a section that's stupid. we don't think your map is shit lol

then I think the best thing for you to do is to not ask for your maps to be ranked.
CWRU-RYU Li
FCed scratch part by only using left pinky finger. There are no other notes during that 2:16 period except a series of scratch notes and thus I really dont understand why people complain about it.
xch00F

CWRU-RYU Li wrote:

FCed scratch part by only using left pinky finger. There are no other notes during that 2:16 period except a series of scratch notes and thus I really dont understand why people complain about it.
replay pls
MeowPaz

victorica_db wrote:

几天没看,这么快就5页了。
希望早日修好皿的按键位图把
lemonguy
No one said the map is bad, I think the map is good outside of that one part. And just because people can hit that part, doesn't mean that the part should stay like it is (I hit the part at least half of the time that I played it).
FrenzyLi
My binding for BMS is SDF<sp>JKL plus scratch with A. with alternative binding on H however I'm finally able to FC the part from 02:14:622 - to 02:21:681 - by jacking using index finger on H-key.
CWRU-RYU Li

Choofers wrote:

CWRU-RYU Li wrote:

replay pls
Replay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDBB3Kw3 ... e=youtu.be You know I don't like people who don't even play 8k and come to complain about the arrangemts just because they can't play it well.
shionelove
IIDXやってる身からすると、議論の種になっているスクラッチがどうこう以前にパターン全体がバラバラで音を詰め込みすぎててすごく叩きにくいけど、誰もそこは指摘しないのね
richardfeder

stupud man wrote:

Name one.
Charts that have "long streams of inconsistently spaced scratches". I can list more if you want.
★4 Here we go! (TM edit) (Awesomeman / obj: あーさん)
★7 HE is an Energizer (7keys sarather) (Mr.ABC) -> after about 800 combos
★14 SAMBISTA -sarambista- (DOT96 / obj.D-BLUE) -> right in the middle

some easier examples:
☆10 niKu (HYPER) (TOMA v.s. DJ Saw-Low) (8th dan #1) -> around 900~1000
☆12 Freja (SP ANOTHER) (rider) (10th dan #2)

stupud man wrote:

BMS charts may have scratches in them (the game also supports doublescratching!!!), but not a long stream of inconsistently spaced ones.
osu!mania also supports doublescratching, but not fully, and we all know that mapper shouldn't be responsible for it. As Loctav said,

Loctav wrote:

A bug in the game engine won't make the map self unrankable, since the map self is not bugged.

I don't even know why this is turned into a problem.

shionelove wrote:

IIDXやってる身からすると、議論の種になっているスクラッチがどうこう以前にパターン全体がバラバラで音を詰め込みすぎててすごく叩きにくいけど、誰もそこは指摘しないのね
叩きにくいけど、できる人はたくさんいますと思います。このパターンが昔からあって、今までも使っていますが、私はどうして今さら彼たちがこのパターンについて文句を言うか全然わかりません。
CWRU-RYU Li
If anyone has any suggestion, tell the mapper and don't be like "this is what I think is subtle so u have to change it". Mappers have the right to take advice with grain of salt. Besides, some players who don't know 8k and don't even play 8k should really shut their mouth. This is not a place to pick a quarrel.
show more