forum

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

As some of you may already know, this game's online multiplayer when playing with randoms is region-locked (meaning that North Americans can only play with other North Americans, Europeans can only play with other Europeans, and so on). As far as playing with friends, I'm not sure if that's worldwide or also region-locked, but I'll edit this post once I find out more info.

ANYWAY! So is anyone else getting this game? After watching a review video, they said singleplayer sucks after a while even despite you being able to control all three heroes one by one (they're not necessarily Link; they just look like him), so yeah. If this thread gets enough people, I'll compose a list of everyone who plays it so we can do dungeons together and stuff.
Green Platinum

Blazevoir wrote:

As some of you may already know, this game's online multiplayer when playing with randoms is region-locked (meaning that North Americans can only play with other North Americans, Europeans can only play with other Europeans, and so on). As far as playing with friends, I'm not sure if that's worldwide or also region-locked, but I'll edit this post once I find out more info.
RIP Australians after week 1

I only have interest in the Wii U zelda though.
Gumpy
Region locked multiplayer in Europe sucks, feels like no one can speak English beyond "hi" "go B" "go A" "kill" "I die your fault"

Green Platinum wrote:

I only have interest in the Wii U zelda though.
zargot

Gumpyyy wrote:

Region locked multiplayer in Europe sucks, feels like no one can speak English beyond "hi" "go B" "go A" "kill" "I die your fault"
Green Platinum

Gumpyyy wrote:

Ha using the microphone in a nintendo game. Nice joke.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Even with voice chat, they'd probably limit it to just the lobby like they do in Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. Wii U >.>

EDIT: Bought the game. Waiting for someone else from another region to get it that's either from here or one of my friends.
Green Platinum
Saw a stream of it now and the only feature that interests me is the TA challenge. Even then the maps seem to be all one room rather than actual dungeons.
Wont be getting it.
JOEMOMO
Is the game worth it?
I want to find out before buying. :)
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I think they're releasing the public demo starting today, but you can only play online at certain times. I'm not sure if that's for all regions, though.

Anyway, it's definitely multiplayer-focused (seriously, don't get this game expecting to play it on its singleplayer mode the whole time), so expect to play this with random people a lot unless you have two friends. The game has 8 dungeons with 16 challenges each, so I'd say it's pretty long. And you're probably gonna be revisiting them over and over again if you wanna get the materials for most of the costumes (there are some you can only get via local multiplayer, but they're not required). You don't need the best connection, but if even one person ends up lagging, the other two have to suffer (think of the syncing being the same as Super Smash Bros. Brawl/3DS/Wii U).