forum

TwoThirds - Pieces

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RyoKazuka
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, 5 May, 2019 at 6:35:48 PM

Artist: TwoThirds
Title: Pieces
Tags: marathon william fitzsimmons chill Electronic Instrumental
BPM: 120
Filesize: 9502kb
Play Time: 06:02
Difficulties Available:
  1. Return (3.45 stars, 888 notes)
Download: TwoThirds - Pieces
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
4th

hi

done remap

might wanna redl for hs

Meta : https://soundcloud.com/lewismd/twothirds-pieces-free-download
Kolson
02:07:298 (2) - Break seems a little short and unwarranted, maybe extend the slider?
02:10:048 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Suggestion: turn down the hitsound volume some here so that the hitsound doesn't overcrowd the noise it's referring to. A little nitpicky by me.
02:33:548 (7,8) - Sounds here are barely audible and have almost zero impact, circles don't seem to be needed here
02:37:298 (5,6) - Same as above
02:48:298 (1,2) - ^
03:49:048 (3) - Slider-end ends up off of the grid
04:20:048 (1) - Same idea as the break above. Though since this one is a little longer, I don't think it's necessary to change it
04:38:298 (1) - Can't identify what this circle is signifying
05:28:548 (2,3) - Really difficult to discern what sound the circles are clicking on. It is almost inaudible
05:32:548 (1,2,3) - ^
05:37:548 (3) - ^
05:38:548 (4) - I think by now you can understand what part I'm talking about. I'm not sure if this is intentional, but sometimes these circles seem unnecessary and the hp drain here is definitely lenient enough to where you won't die.

My suggestion for the REALLY quiet sounds that some of the circles hit, is to make a timing point specifically for them and turn down the audio hitsounds on it so that it will be easier to determine what they are referring to.
I'm not sure what my suggestions have to do with your interpretation of the map, and it is yours after all. So do what you please :^)
Overall I really liked the map and the hitsound choices.
Topic Starter
RyoKazuka
will rep when time lets me
Topic Starter
RyoKazuka

Kolson wrote:

02:07:298 (2) - Break seems a little short and unwarranted, maybe extend the slider? i really want to keep the break feel
02:10:048 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Suggestion: turn down the hitsound volume some here so that the hitsound doesn't overcrowd the noise it's referring to. A little nitpicky by me. sure
02:33:548 (7,8) - Sounds here are barely audible and have almost zero impact, circles don't seem to be needed here there is actually a reflected sound here
02:37:298 (5,6) - Same as above
02:48:298 (1,2) - ^
03:49:048 (3) - Slider-end ends up off of the grid keeping symmetry, it doesnt really affect gameplay much
04:20:048 (1) - Same idea as the break above. Though since this one is a little longer, I don't think it's necessary to change it
04:38:298 (1) - Can't identify what this circle is signifying a percussion
05:28:548 (2,3) - Really difficult to discern what sound the circles are clicking on. It is almost inaudible keeping this until further notice
05:32:548 (1,2,3) - ^
05:37:548 (3) - ^
05:38:548 (4) - I think by now you can understand what part I'm talking about. I'm not sure if this is intentional, but sometimes these circles seem unnecessary and the hp drain here is definitely lenient enough to where you won't die.

My suggestion for the REALLY quiet sounds that some of the circles hit, is to make a timing point specifically for them and turn down the audio hitsounds on it so that it will be easier to determine what they are referring to.
I'm not sure what my suggestions have to do with your interpretation of the map, and it is yours after all. So do what you please :^)
Overall I really liked the map and the hitsound choices.
HootOwlStar
mod
  • please don't use this difficulty name btw
    and this bg is way too overused so consider changing the bg to something else
  1. 00:08:048 (1) - 01:04:548 (1) - circular
  2. 01:02:048 - should be given a click to indicate the introduction of the vocals properly
  3. 01:12:548 (1) - uh
  4. 03:13:298 (6,1,2) - would suggest a 3/2 reverse starting from 03:14:048 - to differentiate the vocal from the other instruments you focus on before
  5. 03:41:048 (3,1) - flow
  6. 04:56:048 (1,2) - for aesthetic purpose you could make the sliders a pairing
  7. 05:15:048 (5,6,1) - the gameplay is uncomfortable due to the unnatural movement from 5 to 6 (as shown) so consider to change the motion of 6. vertical downward motion could work well
  8. starting from 05:28:048 - you would need an indicator to differentiate between 1/2 gaps and 1/1 gaps since there's no definite way to do so through rhythm consistency or sth in the current condition. colour hax + NC implementation should work the best in this case
  9. consider to end the spinner at 06:02:048 - instead
good luck in everything
Topic Starter
RyoKazuka

HootOwlStar wrote:

mod
  • please don't use this difficulty name btw
    and this bg is way too overused so consider changing the bg to something else
  1. 00:08:048 (1) - 01:04:548 (1) - circular fix first but not really for second
  2. 01:02:048 - should be given a click to indicate the introduction of the vocals properly was still following instruments
  3. 01:12:548 (1) - uh gh
  4. 03:13:298 (6,1,2) - would suggest a 3/2 reverse starting from 03:14:048 - to differentiate the vocal from the other instruments you focus on before i think it really fits as it is now, doing it any different really feels like its gonna be inconsistent in terms of rhythm choice
  5. 03:41:048 (3,1) - flow it flows well dw
  6. 04:56:048 (1,2) - for aesthetic purpose you could make the sliders a pairing didnt make a pairing but i did make a perf triangle
  7. 05:15:048 (5,6,1) - the gameplay is uncomfortable due to the unnatural movement from 5 to 6 (as shown) so consider to change the motion of 6. vertical downward motion could work well fixed in a different way
  8. starting from 05:28:048 - you would need an indicator to differentiate between 1/2 gaps and 1/1 gaps since there's no definite way to do so through rhythm consistency or sth in the current condition. colour hax + NC implementation should work the best in this case since the melody has been played like repetitively i hope that players can actually catch the rhythm by now so thats why i did it like this, ill wait for another suggestion tbh
  9. consider to end the spinner at 06:02:048 - instead might or might not change, ill see what the others have to say
good luck in everything
thanks man
nathaniel noble
  • yo o/
  1. so as much as I like your beautiful slider art i noticed that some sliders have a hard edge, like this https://i.imgur.com/WdGGZwo.png when there is a sound in the music and you used a hitsound there too, which is awesome but you don't do the same with all sliders, i suggest giving all sliders a hard edge where you can hear that sound, it would make sense.
  2. I like this turn of direction you do here 02:19:548 (7) - since the song suggest it too but I wish you'd do the same with the rest too or something similar, like a little nudge to the side, for example: https://i.imgur.com/klrPND5.png Also NC these on all of these kind of streams. it just makes obvious sense to me.
  3. the last spinner's starting point is unsnapped 06:00:110 (1) -
  4. the most accurate offset seems to be 58 according to the timing analyzer: https://i.imgur.com/fVI5v2z.png
  5. 03:49:048 (3) - this is really minor but I just wanted to let you know that when I made a GD for DeRandom Otaku a long time ago he specifically said to me not to do this kind thing and not even go too close to the end of the grid, stay a few pixels in, because he for example plays on a very low resolution like 800x600 or smth which means the scoreboard on the left side would overlap the slider. I know this is very ughhhh thing to say but yeah, just wanted to let you know. I don't think it matters too much since not many players play with that low resolution and you can also hide the scoreboard with the TAB key during gameplay and it would only show in pauses.
  6. about what Hoot said above: " the gameplay is uncomfortable due to the unnatural movement from 5 to 6 " I can't really comment on these kind of things cuz I played so many maps with uncomfortable movements that I got used to them and they are not challenging anymore, it's not uncomfortable to me to play these patterns but since this map has a low SR I can imagine some new players could struggle but idk. seems fine to me.

can't really find others things to point out, hope I was somewhat useful xd

the map is cool! and i wish you good luck on ranking it! ^^
Topic Starter
RyoKazuka

Merhur wrote:

• yo o/
  1. so as much as I like your beautiful slider art i noticed that some sliders have a hard edge, like this https://i.imgur.com/WdGGZwo.png when there is a sound in the music and you used a hitsound there too, which is awesome but you don't do the same with all sliders, i suggest giving all sliders a hard edge where you can hear that sound, it would make sense. i think the other shape looks unique as of now
  2. I like this turn of direction you do here 02:19:548 (7) - since the song suggest it too but I wish you'd do the same with the rest too or something similar, like a little nudge to the side, for example: https://i.imgur.com/klrPND5.png Also NC these on all of these kind of streams. it just makes obvious sense to me. actually ill just change this one to a single flow
  3. the last spinner's starting point is unsnapped 06:00:110 (1) - snapped to 1/8 btw
  4. the most accurate offset seems to be 58 according to the timing analyzer: https://i.imgur.com/fVI5v2z.png whoops
  5. 03:49:048 (3) - this is really minor but I just wanted to let you know that when I made a GD for DeRandom Otaku a long time ago he specifically said to me not to do this kind thing and not even go too close to the end of the grid, stay a few pixels in, because he for example plays on a very low resolution like 800x600 or smth which means the scoreboard on the left side would overlap the slider. I know this is very ughhhh thing to say but yeah, just wanted to let you know. I don't think it matters too much since not many players play with that low resolution and you can also hide the scoreboard with the TAB key during gameplay and it would only show in pauses. keeping this for now unless mentioned again for the sake of symmetry
  6. about what Hoot said above: " the gameplay is uncomfortable due to the unnatural movement from 5 to 6 " I can't really comment on these kind of things cuz I played so many maps with uncomfortable movements that I got used to them and they are not challenging anymore, it's not uncomfortable to me to play these patterns but since this map has a low SR I can imagine some new players could struggle but idk. seems fine to me. it shud play comfortable for now

can't really find others things to point out, hope I was somewhat useful xd

the map is cool! and i wish you good luck on ranking it! ^^
thanks for the mod
really useful
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.