forum

[DEAD] Taiko Sight Reading Tournament

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun

Introduction
The Taiko Sight-Reading Tournament, or TSRT for short, is a Taiko teamed tournament and completely country-independent. It is scheduled for the current year (2016) and will last until there is only one remaining team. There is no minimal rank to join this tournament, but the only prerequisite is that you can pass at least 3-Star Taiko difficulties.

Tournament Staff
HOST - _Gezo_
CHARTERS / CHART REVIEW - Raiden, agu, Nwolf, Backfire, Nofool
REFEREES - Acrith, Raiden, agu, Nwolf, Backfire, Nofool

Schedule
Depending on the number of registered teams, the first playing phases may be delayed.
Registration Opening - February 2016
End of Registration and Live Drawings April 29 - May 1 2016
First round - May 7 2016
Most matches will be played on Saturday / Sunday. Exceptions given if the participants accept to play on late Friday, or early Monday.

Organization

Registration
Every player, along with two other teammates, is allowed to register for the tournament. In order to do so, the designated captain of the team must send the host a private message with subject "TSRT REGISTRATION" , and with contents:
[b]Team Name[/b]: <team name>
[b]Captain:[/b] <nickname>
[b]2nd Player:[/b] <nickname>
[b]3rd Player:[/b] <nickname>

Example:
Team Name: TEAM DRAGONFORCE
Captain: Zetorux
2nd Player: WinDEU
3rd Player: Empress

The minimal amount of teams is 16, and may be extended up to 32 if needed. In case we have an unexpectedly high amount of registrations below a power of 2 (below 64, 128, 256...), we will calculate the average performance of each time and sort out the best ones.
Staff members will be unable to register to this tournament, as they might gain an unfair advantage against other players.

Elimination
The tournament will follow a very classic double-elimination tournament style, to leave teams a second chance to play in case of a loss against a stronger team.

Match play

Pre-Play
The teams are expected to come play in time, with a possible grace time of 10 minutes. The only circumstances that will leave a game postponed are natural disasters or emergency cases that are independant to this game.

Warm-up
Each team will be allowed 1 warm-up song to be played. However, a few specific rules apply to them:
  1. The warm-up must be uploaded and easily downloadable from the osu!website. External download links such as Dropbox, Bloodcat or Mediafire are not allowed.
  2. The difficulty level has to be adapted to the opposite players, so they can warm up as well.
  3. Gimmick charts heavily relying on the storyboard such as Lucent, MariannE or Volar aren't allowed. Charts that abuse SV such as Francium are allowed, but has to follow (2.)
  4. No mods will be allowed on the warm-up.
  5. Three chances will be given to the team. Breaking rules 1, 2 and 3 for three times will revoke their rights to use a warm-up for the current match.

Matches
As the tournament does not run on a classic map selection scheme (roll on first pick, bans, switching picker), only the referee will be allowed to pick maps from the current mappool. However, after picking the map, they will have to send players a link of the .osz file to play.
Each match will run using the Score V2 system, and the mods used will always be NoMod.

Winning Conditions
Each round will run on Best of 5, with exceptions for Quarterfinals (BO7), Semifinals, Finals (BO9) and Grand Finals (BO11). It means that teams need to get at least half the points to win a match.
The losing team, if they already to the loser's bracket, will be eliminated from the tournament.

Disconnections
As this tournament revolves around sightreading, a disconnection is quickly perturbing the premise. Some rules will be in place in case a disconnection happens:
  1. Before the first 25% of the map, and player still plays: If the disconnected player's score looks awkward, it will be nullified, and the point will be determined with the average of the two other players against the average of the other team.
  2. After the 75% mark has been hit: The point is given to the opposite team.
If a player's disconnection lasts for more than 150 seconds (2:30), the match is forfeited and the opposite team will advance to the next round.

Round Mappool Composition

Round of 16/QF: 6 song mappool with medium-high difficulty (3,25 to 4,50 stars) and one harder tiebreaker.
Semifinals: 8 song mappool with semi-high to high difficulty (4,00 to 5,25 stars) and one tiebreaker of the same level.
Finals: 8 song mappool from high to very high difficulty (4,50 to 7,00 stars) and one tiebreaker of the same level.
Grandfinals: 10 song mappool that has no restrictions. Charters are free to do anything with them.

Prizes

Please note these are not final, and may be subject to change.

1st Place - 4 month Supporter
2nd Place - 2 month Supporter
3rd Place - 1 month Supporter

Credits

The "ITG Mod people": Thanks for sparking this idea and making me want to transfer it to osu!Taiko, back in 2013. Especially those who have a lot of programming in their hands.
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
Registered teams: 20

Schedules
The matches will be on the following link: https://horaro.org/tsrt16/ro8

Charts played

Results
RO16
Team Snippa 4 : 0 Bocah Malang
sean852467193abebe 4 : 0 We're gud i swer
KaoKaoLa 4 : 2 Chicken
(:3[OC] 0 : 4 OgNaDEbaNiHsi
JPDESTROYER420BLAZEIT 0 : 4 SaltyFishes
D.D.K.K.D.K.K. 0 : 4 GGININDER
HD Klub 0 : 4 Owatatsujin
Team Furry 4 : 3 Die Pillemanns

SF
WB

LB

Groups and Seeds
Seeds

Groups
Asrielly
Welp, why not, I can try. If time is by my side (hey that rhymes)
snz
Wait! This Tournament Does Start!?
FlamingRok
Gonna find more people for my team so don't register me as a me myself and I kinda team.
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
Registrations are now opened!
Shinsekai-
can i play ? :O
Alwaysyukaz
wew
My Team was first registered in this Tournament :3

I'm Very Nervous XD
Dargin
is gon be best competition
Shinsekai-
i'm searching for a team :(
Dargin
Gezo won't register my team :(
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
I did, now. Didn't realize you sent me one, apologies for making it last too long.
Dargin

_Gezo_ wrote:

I did, now. Didn't realize you sent me one, apologies for making it last too long.

yaya no problem, busy playing game can be too fun xD
Quizmaegi
Searching...?
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
Try to look for players that are willing to team up in your country or in your timezone.
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
6 teams already registered! :)
Catgirl
wow there are a lot of catgirls in this thread, literally 10 of the 17 posts so far lol
Jaye
Hype?
roufou

Catgirl wrote:

wow there are a lot of catgirls in this thread, literally 10 of the 17 posts so far lol
what's that?
Dargin
heh... oopsies, I changed my name and forgot about this, xD I WAS DragonX611
Dargin

Catgirl wrote:

I'm a Catboy! Rawr...

.....What? No one? Ok :(
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
no

also 9/16 yo get the registrations flowing in
Jaye
"DALAMEWAY"

That's cute
Dargin

dajayeway wrote:

"DALAMEWAY"
That's cute
Roasted. SHOW THEM WHO'S BOSS, but plz don't hurt me.

Otherwise very exited for this tourney, especially since it's coming directly after twc, I expect people will be very warmed up for this. All I can say is GLHF when the time comes.
Shinsekai-
searching a team o/
ptar124
I might be joining, lemme look for members
[Ayase Eli]
Sounds like fun, but I don't have any friends ;_;
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
who needs friends when you can simply gather random people :^)

also reminder that there are two slots left before we can definitely start!
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
16 registrations in, you can still register if you wish!

Registration ends on April 29th, live drawings on May 1st and first matches on May 7th/8th.
the_robot
Looking for one more member to form a team
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
>tfw can't see the last post because it explodes on my face
If we reach a number of teams between 16 and 32, a qualifier round will happen (which will consist of 4 maps I will personnally craft for this tournament).
abrian
Since it has already got 16 teams, is it too late to join now? :P
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
never too late
LZD
so only sight read maps? some more information for introduction would be nice :^)
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
sight read means sight read aka 1st time play
LZD
>looking for a team
Topic Starter
Yuzeyun
schedules will be on the following link: https://horaro.org/taiko-srt/tsrt16
show more