forum

xi - Ascension to Heaven

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Kroytz

Fezu wrote:

What the staff should do right now is include a rule that all maps over 5 minutes long needs a storyboard. :^)
Kimitakari
Peppe memes = best memes
Side
woo gratz kreuz :v

that piano freestyle is always gonna trigger me though and I hate you for it :^)
Enon
i hope no more complains
Kimitakari

Enon wrote:

i hope no more complains
Who knows
ComfyWolf
Glad to see this back. I was about to jump in and just storyboard for you since it seemed like you were taking forever to wait for Cl8n (or whoever took over I don't remember).

GOOD LUCK! :D
Asphyxia

ComfyWolf wrote:

Glad to see this back. I was about to jump in and just storyboard for you since it seemed like you were taking forever to wait for Cl8n (or whoever took over I don't remember).
Disqualified on mappers' request, there will be a storyboard.

On a serious note, congrats! =w=b
Kimitakari

Asphyxia wrote:

Disqualified on mappers' request, there will be a storyboard.
Kappa
Axon
Good luck Kroytz :)
Kibbleru
ar 9.8 :(

kappa xd
Xinely

Battle wrote:

nelly post near nely wao

gz

lmao
-Kanzaki
is it only me think ar and od is too high than it should be?

there arent much objects overlapping, stacking or challenging to read so ar 10 is too high imo, i would say 9.5 even could work.

this od on overspaced streams is extremely hard i don't know is there any specific reason to be 9.4 od ?
Fezu
Yeah, I agree with the issues you've covered. I think we should decrease both a little bit. Hopefully someone else will come point out after it gets requalified again that the OD and AR needs to be lowered again.

Though I honestly think the fact that this map doesn't have a storyboard is a crime of itself worthy of another DQ to be honest.

/s

It's funny though for a map that almost got ranked first time around (1 day before getting checkover from QAT and ranked) has suddenly severe issues with main components of the map and its' readability.

None which were voiced in the initial qualified process. At least not in this very thread. (What happened online during the qualification, I have no idea)

Here's Kroytz response to the AR issue:

Kroytz wrote:

@Xexxar: Stop crying and l2p AR10. Your attitude towards me about the AR has been nothing but whining. If the BPM is the deciding factor as to what determines a map's AR, then that's quite a poor argument considering there are a couple of "low-bpm" maps utilizing AR10. If your next argument is,"Oh but those maps are mapped in 1/3 hurr hurr so it's technically 200+bpm" then surely it's not the bpm of the song but the way in which its mapped. The map is perfectly readable at lower ARs, and the map is perfectly readable at AR 10, your argument is just as subjective as the players who are able to read 10.

@to everyone else: This is sort of how it looked like before, during the time it was qualified in November: with a few agreements/disagreements on the AR. The only difference is simply due to the fact that it would've been ranked with AR10, and have been accepted perfectly fine without complaints had I not DQ'd. Not to say "I could've gone away with it then" but what I'm saying follows more along the lines of, "it was perfectly acceptable then, and there's no reason why it shouldn't be acceptable now". For what it seems like, it's that everyone just has their preference as to what is "optimal" and that will be an opinion that varies from player-to-player or mapper-to-mapper.

Kroytz wrote:

Look, I'm not sure who's been here the first time it was qualified to where it is now but the time it was first qualified (circa November 2015) the general consensus among the majority of players/spectators/mappers during that time was that a higher AR (higher in this sense would be above 9.5) is best suited in this case as to prevent clutter on the screen. So that gives us a few numbers to work with right; AR 9.5 is the slow end of the optimal AR spectrum and 10 would be the fastest end of it.
Now I've talked to many players ranging from single digits to 5 digits and received a lot of feedback regarding the AR and (un)surprisingly, the optimal AR varied completely. Some users within the top 100 couldn't even read AR10 whereas 4-5 digit players could. Somehow, top players couldn't even get through the first minute of the map (yet they can HDDT 10.3 maps with 99%+ amirite). From the many playtesters, I've only received about a dozen comments regarding the AR. A good half stating the higher AR feels good and the other half saying otherwise, maybe tone it down .2. or .3. But I feel as though the optimal AR for this particular map in its difficulty range is so subjective that it comes down to whether or not you're capable of reading it to begin with. If you can deathstream 200 bpm for 5 minutes straight, reading AR10 shouldn't be a problem.
On the first page you can find the reasoning for why it's OD 9, why it's 9,4 however you'd have to wait to know until Kryotz decides to address your issue.

Kroytz wrote:

OD 10 is too OP for me to use. OD9 is good enough to prevent note locking a lot. Anything lower, you'd get the whole x1 miss and you die Freedom Dive thing.

It's interesting though that Xexxar explained that it wasn't possible to read the map properly, without memorization while -Kanzaki finds the map too easy and that the AR10 is unnecessary in fixing overlapping as Kroytz referred to in his reasons for using AR10. Which is a legitimate criticism, if it doesn't fix what it's intended to do why have it? Why not reduce it and make both sides happy?

Then again I feel complaints like these where it comes down to number tweaking, it can get really tedious. Because in the end it starts coming down to preference and there will be vocal people on each side of the coin. Especially since it isn't a map change, but something regarding the playability of the entire map. Which can be hard for some to adjust to quickly, compared to a map change.

Though, in my opinion. Honestly I don't see the need to change if it has been this way since it initially got qualified and no one batted an eye since then. Well, until now.
MillhioreF
I'd have preferred AR9.6 or 9.8 personally to fit the map as a whole, but I can respect AR10 as well. It's the final difficulty setting for the final moment (as Kroytz mentioned) and the high AR really helps aim the super duper spaced murder streams at the very end. Besides, this map's target audience doesn't have any issues reading ar10 anyhow.
[D i r e]
Oh waow, another AtH approved. Gratz fam.
Faust
Hail Lord Helix.

Fezu
Final day.

Any chance of a selfDQ for that storyboard, Kryotz?

Congratulations Kroytz, looking forward to your next ranked map :)
Topic Starter
Kroytz
We did it! \:D/
Shiirn
gj
DeletedUser_4329079
grats
Kayla
nice map. il never be able to do it.
wish it was more than one big stream but xi map, i guess. you manage to make one gigantic stream play and look nice. (if i could play it)

i also have a feeling were in for another 700pp score.
Kyptoric
Probably the best hitsounding I've seen in a map, ever