Spicy Salsa
Sexy
Okoratu
Something something streamshapes lmao
ComfyWolf
Spaghetti = Hold On Stay Strong Deathstreams

Kroytz = Yet To Be Memed Deaths teams

Me = Cancer :(

All my friends have better maps then me m9 :)
Topic Starter
Kroytz
"fuck you Kroytz" - Cookiezi 2015
That's good enough for me tbh :)
Myxo
I am not able to play this map at all, but I have to say I have never seen such beautiful looking longstreams before (not sure if Blue Zenith is the same level) and your sliderart and overall atmosphere are beautiful too! The only thing that bothers me a bit is the section at the beginning (not counting the slow intro) before the long streams start. The rhythm and 1/4-jumps seem a bit too messy (and too generic) there compared to the rest of the map, imo it would have been much more professional to simplify it for the sake of the whole map having simplistic rhythm and patterns. Oh well, that's complaining at a highest level here, good luck with this great map!
poltoid
Congratz !
Spaghetti

Desperate-kun wrote:

I am not able to play this map at all, but I have to say I have never seen such beautiful looking longstreams before (not sure if Blue Zenith is the same level) and your sliderart and overall atmosphere are beautiful too! The only thing that bothers me a bit is the section at the beginning (not counting the slow intro) before the long streams start. The rhythm and 1/4-jumps seem a bit too messy (and too generic) there compared to the rest of the map, imo it would have been much more professional to simplify it for the sake of the whole map having simplistic rhythm and patterns. Oh well, that's complaining at a highest level here, good luck with this great map!
I kinda thought the same, but it actually really works given how rough the goreshit-like percussion is in that section, and it really helps compliment the transition from the harsh tone of the song to a smooth and beautiful tone when you go from the 1/4 jumps to the streams so quickly.
Big
Omg i remember playtesting this shit MONTHS ago. Gratzzz Kroytz :) :) :)
Mao
Cool!
Cherry Blossom
Guys, you know, that's just convert slider to stream tool ;w;
A TOOL CAN'T MAKE MORE BEAUTIFUL THINGS THAN THINGS MADE BY HAND
Myxo

Cherry Blossom wrote:

It's about the way it is used.
Spaghetti

Cherry Blossom wrote:

doesnt mean this map isnt beautifully made, whats your point?
Crowve
ayyy kroytz gratz !
Winnie
Not sure if it was you streaming the day you mapped this , maybe I'm wrong. I am correct on that this is your first ranked map, and I congratulate you on a task well done :)
Rilene
The hitsounds skills is real.
Asphyxia
Disqualified on mappers' request, there will be a storyboard.
Rapthorn
Y-Yay...?
OmegaR
#fuckcl8n ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
fieryrage
fuk
Winnie
This better be the most god damn next level storyboard or I'm gonna riot
Hercule_old_1
Hi, How are you? C: Anyways, the map is really well done and i hope you make more maps. :D

kbye!:D
Arzenvald
looking forward to the new storyboard *-*
Anxient

Asphyxia wrote:

Disqualified on mappers' request, there will be a storyboard.
cl8nhypeBOYS
Karen
umm seems you missed the best chance to get this ranked. (ಥ_ಥ)
Akasha-
best of the best <3 10/10
it will have storyboard? 100/10
arviejhay
i will throw all my stars if there's a storyboard, wait. . who's going to be the storyboarder?
Topic Starter
Kroytz

arviejhay wrote:

i will throw all my stars if there's a storyboard, wait. . who's going to be the storyboarder?
Ashasaki
Miuyarai
Equim

Kuo Kyoka wrote:

best of the best <3 10/10
it will have storyboard? 100/10
Liquid Trap
Couldn't resist taking a look at this beauty. Won't be addressing any gameplay mechanics, because I can't play it.

First off, WOW! What an utterly marvelous and gorgeous deathstream map. Not only does it look absolutely stunning, but the fact you mapped the melody and even (apparently) added some of your own renditions of it throughout the song is a pleasure. Really, really incredibly well done, Kroytz. But let's get down to business:

[General]
  1. 03:44:317 What does this green line do that 03:45:292 doesn't? According to sheela901, (Admittedly, their post is somewhat old) soft-sliderslide.wav is not used, so it's probably an unnecessary inherited section.

[Hitsounds]
Now, you normalized the piano melody (Every note is exactly as loud as ever other note). However, in the original mixdown/mastering of Ascension to Heaven, the lowest-pitched notes are actually much less audible than higher-pitched ones, making them sound out of place and somewhat unpleasant to a trained ear in your version. This is extremely nazi, but you might want to adjust your hitsound volume accordingly. These are the notes in question:

Mixdown Adjustments
  1. 00:24:742 (6,7,8)
  2. 02:52:642 (1,2,3)
  3. 02:57:367
  4. 02:59:192 (11,12,13,14)
  5. 03:08:317 (2,3)
  6. 03:11:917 (2,3)
  7. 04:09:442 (1,2)
  8. 04:14:167
  9. 04:14:767 (8,11,12,13,14)
  10. 04:28:642 (1,2)
  11. 04:33:367
  12. 04:34:192 (10,11)

Aside from that, I fixed some other pitch-issues:

Pitch Fixes
  1. 00:23:842 (1) - SC:24
  2. 02:13:042 (1) - SC:16 and/or SC:18 (Add them to SC:25?)
  3. 02:22:642 (1) - SC:15 (Add SC:15 to SC:3?)
  4. 02:32:242 (1) - SC:16 and/or SC:18 (Add them to SC:52?)
  5. 03:29:842 (2) - SC:15
  6. 03:31:942 (4) - SC:51 to avoid the ugly pitch-clashing of (4) with (5)
  7. 03:32:242 (5) - SC:18 (Probably not your intention but whatever)
  8. 03:34:642 (1) - SC:17 ^
  9. 03:37:042 (1) - SC:15
  10. 03:38:242 (1) - Add new section SC:14, let it carry over to 3:38:992 (2)
  11. 03:39:292 (4) - SC:50 to avoid the ugly pitch-clashing of (4) with (5)
  12. 03:39:442 (5) - S:C17 (Probably not your intention but whatever)
  13. 03:49:042 (1) - SC:34
  14. 04:45:442 (1) - SC:37 or (hypothetically) A#11
  15. 04:46:642 (2) - SC:8 or (hypothetically) C#14
  16. 04:47:842 (1) - SC:8 or (hypothetically) C#14
  17. 04:48:742 (4) - SC:81 to avoid the ugly pitch-clashing of (4) with (5)
  18. 04:49:042 (5) - SC:19

EDIT: Some of them don't fit your trend of mapping the lower notes of chords because those notes weren't included in the soft-hitnormals.
Since hearing is quite a subjective thing, I can't guarantee all of these are objectively necessary or correct, but I did my best anyway.

Some remaining suggestions:

Other
  1. 03:22:642 (1) - Increase volume
  2. 03:51:442 (1) - I can't hear the piano play a note in the original here, but I guess it's your intention to map that.
  3. 04:39:442 (1) - Increase volume

Good luck ranking this beauty!
Topic Starter
Kroytz
@Liquid Trap:

General - The 2nd green is to reset the custom, otherwise piano notes will be triggered on slider-ticks.

Mixdown Adjustments - I'll have to disregard these because I can't mess with the raw hitsounding for the sake of the customs (but I did try some of them out). If I were to do so, then this map would sound REALLY weird when hitsounds are disabled. And to be honest, for anyone who wants to top score this, or have a clean shot at playing, they'd have to turn customs off anyways.

Pitch Fixes - Currently right now, I am combining keysounds to create chords on accentuated notes. I'll keep some of these in mind though, as they might be helpful in the future.

I'm sorry to give such a lame response, but I am very thankful that you've spent the time to look over my map in its cosmetic detail x3 :)
XiXlXiX

wat
show more