buny
rip kroytz

more than half the mod in the dq post start with "i don't like"
Topic Starter
Kroytz
well shit
Shiro

MillhioreF wrote:

Hey Kroytz! Very cool map, just a couple things I'd like to see taken care of before this moves into the leaderboards.

[Final Moment]
As -GN mentioned, the alternating between piano and normal hitsounds is a bit jarring to keep rhythm on in almost all skins. It may be better if you turned the piano sounds into additions rather than replacing hitnormal, but at the same time I didn't find it -too- difficult to play, so I'd like more discussion about this.
I don't like to be like that but I told you ;_;
at least it wasn't DQ'd for timing xd
sheela
Lol, I said that too. Oh well, call me for a rebubble!
Topic Starter
Kroytz

MillhioreF wrote:

Hey Kroytz! Very cool map, just a couple things I'd like to see taken care of before this moves into the leaderboards.

[Final Moment]
As -GN mentioned, the alternating between piano and normal hitsounds is a bit jarring to keep rhythm on in almost all skins. It may be better if you turned the piano sounds into additions rather than replacing hitnormal, but at the same time I didn't find it -too- difficult to play, so I'd like more discussion about this. I can either destroy my keysounds by adding in a soft-hitnormal/feedback underneath each one of them ruining the beauty this song has to offer, or destroy the raw hitsounding by applying these to additionals. A third option would be to replace all these sound files with a different keyboard set (ie a harpsichord) but then it wouldn't sound proper to the music. There should be a 3rd option alongside Sampleset and Additions to layer hitsounds so problems like this regarding feedback wouldn't occur. It'd also promote creative hitsounding while not faulting the player but currently this doesn't exist and the only way to do so is to apply to additions or hitnormal, both which suck for my map. I'll keep them as is and to players who want a good score on this map, turn off custom hitsounds.

00:24:367 (3) - This note is overmapped. Please change (2) and (4) into a slider, since there's no sound in the music where this note is at all. Removed (3), changed (2,4) into slider, deleted unused timing section.
00:29:092 (4) - This slider is obnoxiously loud because of all the drum sounds, lower the volume on it or change the sounding maybe? I don't think it should pose a problem when it follows the music, but I'll agree in the sense that the 'loudness' comes from the unexpected DRrRrrRRs off the repeats. I removed all but the first Finish on the red tick so it isn't so' jarring' as you would put it.
00:54:142 (2) - Having this slider end in the opposite direction of the next stream is kinda weird, I'd suggest Ctrl+G here. Good suggestion, fixed.
01:13:792 (5) - Should be a finish on the head of this slider to match the other drum sounds in this section. Good catch, fixed.
01:22:567 (4,1) - I really don't like this sudden spacing increase right here, I think it would be better with the same spacing as the rest of the miniature streamjumps in this pattern (maybe a tiny bit more, but not with this big of a gap) Toned down the jump a bit. Should be easier to hit while maintaining emphasis.
01:52:342 (2) - Also overmapped. I'm okay with putting silenced sliderends on nothing, since those play well enough and are part of the meta now, but putting down a circle just to fill the gap between sliders isn't cool. Removed the note, removed unused timing section.
02:00:142 (1,2,3,4,5) - Taking a close listen at this part (on 50% and 25% speed) it seems like these should all be placed 1/16 earlier. That's pretty weird (and may or may not require an additional timing section) so I'd like other opinions on this section. It may be better to turn it into a repeat slider or something. It's actually snapped 1/6 prior to where I started my 1/4's but the sliders are in 1/3 while being 1/6 apart from each other. It should start 02:00:092 -. I basically moved my sliders across on the timeline 1/6 backwards, and resnapped the 1/4's to 1/3's. Talk to me about how this plays out and whether a different rhythm should be used or if this should be taken out altogether. Idk why xi made this different than 03:36:292 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - but I personally feel as if it should remain 1/4's for playability's sake. Though, this alternative isn't bad I suppose either.
02:22:942 (2) - I don't really like the sharp jump from (1) to (2) or the way the flow is kind of awkward from going (2) to (3), so I'd recommend repositioning this slider to be more friendly. I don't like how your suggestion goes against my idea of placing both repeat sliders inside the stream loops, but the flow I'll agree isn't the greatest, so I made (2) a better friend to (1) and (3).
02:58:042 (9,10,11) -, 02:58:567 (16,1,2) - Putting both of these sharp curves in a row causes my hand to cramp awkwardly every time I play it. That's not a problem on its own if it's the sort of difficulty you're going for, but the rest of the map plays so smoothly that I thought it was worth mentioning in case it wasn't intended. I'll leave this alone for now.
03:15:442 (1,2) - Is there a reason the spacing between these two notes is slightly lower? Looks like a mistake. Fixed.
03:22:342 (13,14,15,16,1) - I really don't like how heavy the spacing gets here, the speeding up stream is cool but the end is just a little too mean for my tastes. I'd at LEAST like for you to lower the spacing of the final leap to the slider (the distance between (14) and (15) is plenty enough for it imo), but it would be nice to have more skilled players weigh in on this. This build-up into slider stream is a toned down version of the 2nd chorus in regards to spacing. Also factor slider leniency which helps the player reach the slider. I don't space this because I hate the player, I do it because I follow the music ^^.
03:31:042 (1,2,3,4,5) - I don't really like the hitsounding on this star, the alternation between normal hitsounds and the custom (generally quieter) piano sound is a bit jarring since the song's piano is pretty static. I see your point, made them all into whistles.
04:39:217 (14,15,16,1) - This whole stream is kinda lol, I can't really play it but it feels ok for the most part. The spacing increase does feel better than the first one though since it's already wide and doesn't get much wider, but I'd still like to see the last couple of notes (or at least the jump to the slider) nerfed slightly. Surprisingly this plays well (lol) but I'll have to go back to what I said with the former jump in the sense that slider leniency helps the player. And because the 2nd chorus is much more intense than the first, of course the spacing will be that much larger (but really, compared to the first chorus, it isn't all that bigger, but the intensity is more evident here).
04:47:842 (1,2,3,4,5) - Same hitsounding issue as last time. Turned these all into whistles as well.

To tell the truth, I wasn't a big fan of this map when I started modding it, but the way you manage to make the streams and even some of the sliders follow the music is absolutely excellent.
Call me back for a bubble after you've cleared up and discussed the points made here!
Thank you Millhiore!
Monstrata
I wonder if adding the hit-normal sampleset to all piano hitsounds could be a solution? Just conjecturing here but if the piano hitsound + hitnormal are going to be played together anyways, combining both on audacity could be a solution. (I'm talking about adding the hit-normal .wav directly onto the .wav files of all the piano hitsounds).

Maybe it'll sound really bad tho xP. (I've only tried this with drum-hitnormal on a kick).
MillhioreF
That's what Akasha did, and it makes the map a lot more playable at the cost of sounding kinda janky (especially during misses). There isn't really a perfect solution to this, as stated. :/
Topic Starter
Kroytz
I'm not quite sure either... I tried to do some editing in Audacity by combining the keysounds with soft-hitnormal / normal-hitnormal and messing with the volume levels so the feedback wouldn't sound terrible. Although it felt like I may have been going somewhere, the keysounds didn't quite work well together as I had hoped for in practice. Perhaps I wasn't doing it correctly? But I'll leave the sounds as they are for now v_v
It would still be nice to have an option to layer different custom sets together...Like an advanced hitsounding menu or something idk but sad we don't orz
MillhioreF
Still a bit iffy about that stream speedup at the end of the first kiai, but I tested it a bit more and it's not as terrible as it looks. The second one does fit the song quite well too, even if it's a bit cruel (but that's what 7 stars are for!)

Giving this Bubble #1, as most of the issues have been fixed. If anyone has a better way to solve the hitsounding dilemma, speak now (or in the next week) or forever hold your peace.

Next modders: make sure to double-check 02:00:092 (1,2,3,4,5) too, it fits the music better now but it's kinda weird.
strickluke
Decided to try and mod this because I want it ranked as quickly as possible :)

Key

1. Green means my opinion or aesthetic
  2. Purple means semi important
  3. Red means very important

General

1. 03:59:917 (1) - Maybe change the preview point to here. Another good spot to put it could be here 02:04:717 (1) -

Final Moment

1. 03:22:642 (1) - Sliders at the end of this are somewhat hard to read sometimes, and it would be stupid if someone were to FC through the streams and lose it due to these. Maybe you could slow down the slider velocity and make slider art that doesn't overlap itself.

2. 04:39:442 (1) - There is a chance that the player could be jumpy due to the recent extremely difficult spaced streams. I would suggest lowering the SV and recreating another slider art that doesn't overlap itself.

3. 02:00:092 (1,2,3,4,5) Maybe change this pattern to this because it's how most people would be used to playing star patterns "isn't that how like any preschool kid is taught to draw a star anyway?" -Side

4. 02:59:692 (15) - Random slider in this particular stream pattern, maybe change to another sharp turn. (I know you use this in other patterns but it was the only one I saw for this stream)
That's all I can really find, I hope this gets ranked. The amount of time you put into this map is amazing, I couldn't ever do anything this great. Good luck!
Topic Starter
Kroytz
strickluke's Mod

strickluke wrote:

Decided to try and mod this because I want it ranked as quickly as possible :) then let the BNs and I work together >>

Key

1. Green means my opinion or aesthetic
  2. Purple means semi important
  3. Red means very important

General

1. 03:59:917 (1) - Maybe change the preview point to here. Another good spot to put it could be here 02:04:717 (1) -
I had it on the former but I changed it to where it is now because I like the delicacy of the piano.

Final Moment

1. 03:22:642 (1) - Sliders at the end of this are somewhat hard to read sometimes, and it would be stupid if someone were to FC through the streams and lose it due to these. Maybe you could slow down the slider velocity and make slider art that doesn't overlap itself. its literally just a loop and and a large curve going inwards lol. If a player can read up to this point, they can most definitely read this slider. Besides, I really like this one and I doubt I'll ever change it. ^.^

2. 04:39:442 (1) - There is a chance that the player could be jumpy due to the recent extremely difficult spaced streams. I would suggest lowering the SV and recreating another slider art that doesn't overlap itself. As fitting as a slow slider seems, it loses intensity for all this build up. I like my art as well, overlap isn't a problem here, it's just another loop.
  3. 02:00:092 (1,2,3,4,5) Maybe change this pattern to this because it's how most people would be used to playing star patterns "isn't that how like any preschool kid is taught to draw a star anyway?" -Side well yknow, maybe my teacher taught us differently :v A star is still a star and I'll keep mines lol

4. 02:59:692 (15) - Random slider in this particular stream pattern, maybe change to another sharp turn. (I know you use this in other patterns but it was the only one I saw for this stream)streamsss
That's all I can really find, I hope this gets ranked. The amount of time you put into this map is amazing, I couldn't ever do anything this great. Good luck! Thank you!! :)

Thank you for the mod but sadly there are no changes I can apply that would help increase the quality of my map. :? But thanks anyways xD
sheela
lel so

1. 02:00:092 (1,2,3,4,5) - Sounds very weird to me. In my opinion shorten them by one 1/12 tick fits better, I think.
On to another point, honestly the piano hitsounds without anything else during the streams doesn't really bother me. But if we need an alternative, I remember a map (https://osu.ppy.sh/b/598811) that also keysounded the song. But the song has weak piano sounds, so you can't hear much the piano (well the music was like that, I think). With the keysounds it fits very well and it's playable. That being said, you can lower the volume of the piano or remove the piano in the mp3 file, but eh, it may be bad a idea, but it's still an option.

Just let me know again for the bubble!
Topic Starter
Kroytz
Fixed
sheela
All right, here's bubble #2!
Karen
Q
Spaghetti
!!!

congratz babe
fieryrage
DAD
Fizz
and it's been orgasm city ever since
pkk
heyy you did it

congrats kroytz :d
Keada
Eyyy GZ Kroytz <3
Spicy Salsa
Sexy
Okoratu
Something something streamshapes lmao
ComfyWolf
Spaghetti = Hold On Stay Strong Deathstreams

Kroytz = Yet To Be Memed Deaths teams

Me = Cancer :(

All my friends have better maps then me m9 :)
Topic Starter
Kroytz
"fuck you Kroytz" - Cookiezi 2015
That's good enough for me tbh :)
Myxo
I am not able to play this map at all, but I have to say I have never seen such beautiful looking longstreams before (not sure if Blue Zenith is the same level) and your sliderart and overall atmosphere are beautiful too! The only thing that bothers me a bit is the section at the beginning (not counting the slow intro) before the long streams start. The rhythm and 1/4-jumps seem a bit too messy (and too generic) there compared to the rest of the map, imo it would have been much more professional to simplify it for the sake of the whole map having simplistic rhythm and patterns. Oh well, that's complaining at a highest level here, good luck with this great map!
poltoid
Congratz !
Spaghetti

Desperate-kun wrote:

I am not able to play this map at all, but I have to say I have never seen such beautiful looking longstreams before (not sure if Blue Zenith is the same level) and your sliderart and overall atmosphere are beautiful too! The only thing that bothers me a bit is the section at the beginning (not counting the slow intro) before the long streams start. The rhythm and 1/4-jumps seem a bit too messy (and too generic) there compared to the rest of the map, imo it would have been much more professional to simplify it for the sake of the whole map having simplistic rhythm and patterns. Oh well, that's complaining at a highest level here, good luck with this great map!
I kinda thought the same, but it actually really works given how rough the goreshit-like percussion is in that section, and it really helps compliment the transition from the harsh tone of the song to a smooth and beautiful tone when you go from the 1/4 jumps to the streams so quickly.
Big
Omg i remember playtesting this shit MONTHS ago. Gratzzz Kroytz :) :) :)
Mao
Cool!
Cherry Blossom
Guys, you know, that's just convert slider to stream tool ;w;
A TOOL CAN'T MAKE MORE BEAUTIFUL THINGS THAN THINGS MADE BY HAND
Myxo

Cherry Blossom wrote:

It's about the way it is used.
Spaghetti

Cherry Blossom wrote:

doesnt mean this map isnt beautifully made, whats your point?
Crowve
ayyy kroytz gratz !
Winnie
Not sure if it was you streaming the day you mapped this , maybe I'm wrong. I am correct on that this is your first ranked map, and I congratulate you on a task well done :)
Rilene
The hitsounds skills is real.
Asphyxia
Disqualified on mappers' request, there will be a storyboard.
Rapthorn
Y-Yay...?
OmegaR
#fuckcl8n ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
fieryrage
fuk
show more