forum

xi - Ascension to Heaven

posted
Total Posts
show more
Monstrata
[Moment]

1. 00:29:842 (1) - You've spammed a lot of doubles so i think here, it would be cool to use two circles instead since theres a noticeable triplet on the red tick. Nice rhythm diversity so far thou!
  2. 00:35:842 (1,2,3) - One thing to be wary of with doubles is that they should be obviously spaced away from sliders so they don't appear like large 1/4 slider-jumps. I would increase the DS here eve a bit more. Compare it with 00:26:242 (1,2) - where you use 2.00x DS. (More ideal imo)
  3. 00:39:142 (5) - NC? Since you did so for 00:33:442 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5) - which really helped mark spacing changes.
  4. 00:40:942 (3,4,5) - Idk about this rhythm. Having 5 begin on 00:41:167 - on the blue tick seems more consistent with the drums.
  5. 00:42:592 (8) - You could NC here for that spacing change i mentioned earlier too.
  6. 01:18:142 (2) - Ctrl+G'ing plays pretty well here.
  7. 01:20:542 (3,4,1,2) - Not really liking the spacing choice you have here. Theyre suddenly much larger than the previous and following kick sliders. Think of them as just circles and you'll see the spacing is kind of odd and a bit random xP.
  8. 02:00:142 (1,2,3,4,5) - Feels really overmapped for me xPP
  9. 02:03:667 (2) - Make this 1/2 and add a circle on the red tick. Plays so well D: Everyone loves this 3/2 rhythm xD
  10. 02:04:267 (4) - ^
  11. 02:29:242 (9,10,11,12) - I would arrange them to have the spacing increase instead of decrease since the piano is scaling up and usually that translates to increased spacing
  12. 02:39:067 (4,1) - Would have been nice to see a slight flow break here like you did with the rest of the stream.
  13. 02:51:292 (15,1) - Can't really comment too well on stream playability since i suck at them, but this motion seems kind of awkward and really sharp compared to your other stream jumps.
  14. 03:06:142 (2) - You could move this down just slightly for a better blanket. Also, the hitburst of the previous stream covers a bit of the repeat arrow so ya move it down a bit if you can.
  15. 03:17:392 (10,11) - A jump here would have been more interesting imo. Cuz of those snares or whatever those drums are
  16. 03:20:542 (3,4) - Spacing's pretty small here D:
  17. 03:22:642 (1) - Niiiice. My one complant tho is this part of the slider's path looks really ambiguous. I don't think the bump before the first loop is that necessary.
  18. 03:58:867 (2,4) - As mentioned earlier.
  19. 04:17:842 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - This is pretty awesome.
Okay that's it call me back when you're ready!
Spaghetti
it might not be that okay i guess ^
Raiden
Hypuuu come on Kroytz
pkk
it's pretty cool i guess
Kyouren
Best map ever i see~ :3
Topic Starter
Kroytz
I guess it's okay?

Foreword
Okay, so I had like, all my answers typed out with paragraphs n shit but for whatever reason, didn't save so I just paraphrased all my answers. Also, I spent numerous hours trying out all the different suggestions and stuff so it's not like anything was ignored but some stuff just didn't work as well as I would hope for. I came into this map with an idea I tried to execute to the best of my ability so some suggestions would 'ruin' that vision I had which is why some weren't added.

Rohit's mod

Rohit6 wrote:

Hello!Since you saw my request for M4M in #modhelp
First I'd like to say ,you've done a wonderful job with the hitsounds

[Final Moment]

00:25:792 (5,6) - Beat priority is messed up because the white tick isnt emphasized as such,which should generally never be the case,I'd suggest placing the slider on red so the red and white tick get correct emphasis There's are two repeating sounds on the blue tick which is why I used the slider to capture both similar beats. It doesn't play all that bad either.
00:26:242 (1) - When you hear it at 25% you can hear the same sound on the sliderstart and end so it doesnt make sense to make it a slider because the same/similar sound on the sliderend doesnt get any emphasis,I'd suggest stacking 2 circles since the sounds are similar/same but this one's upto you because there are piano notes on the big white ticks,but I'd suggest changing these Yeah, I just follow the very dominant piano sound.
00:28:942 (2,3) - I'd suggest adding something on the blue tick like 00:27:142 (7,8) - here,so it'll be more consistent I added something similar and changed around the sliders to make it more structured.
00:30:592 (5,6) - Same as 00:25:792 (5,6)
00:32:692 (4,5) - 4 and the sliderend of 5 have the exact sound but the sliderend isnt clicked,I'd suggest ending the slider on bluetick while silencing the sliderend and putting a circle on the red tick Actually here, the sliderend of (5) captures both beats of (4) and (5)'s beginning. I prefer this way because it doesn't play awkwardly like a double+slider->1/4 note.
00:35:392 (5,6) - Same as 00:25:792 (5,6)
00:47:242 (9,10,11,12) - Might wanna replace these with repeats because this part doesnt feel intense enough for sliderjumps,your choice here I think style here, both work fine I see but I like the diversity in mine because well, the repeat sliders come in later and constantly using repeats gets boring rather quickyl.
01:32:242 (1,2,3,4) - Spacing isnt consistent with 01:27:442 (1,2,3,4) - this Don't think it's a problem but I reduced it by a few pixels if anything.
02:03:667 (2) - Sliderend on a strong beat which needs to be clicked,I'd suggest ending the slider on blue tick and adding a circle on red Fixed this section to include dominant beats as well as missing beats.
02:17:767 (16,1) - Kink it here just like all the previous streams,because you've kinked on all the piano notes So I spent a good deal trying to formulate a stream design that would help flow with the next section but it seems like nothing really works. But yknow, this isn't that bad beceause it's the same key of A (?) that's playing so it can be seen rather passive.
02:24:967 (15,1) - 1 isnt emphasized as well as you'd want it to be,so you should make the angle more sharp here,because instead of turning their cursor at 1,the player will keep moving through the stream like usual Not a big deal here. The idea was to get a sort of buildup into the next part of the music because it gets a little more intense.
02:39:067 (4,1) - I really dont understand why you broke the pattern here I did try to work with it again but it would severely ruin the idea of emphasizing the center with kicks+slider finishes that I had in mind before I mapped this part. I did move the streams around and angles and it wouldn't work so I'd have to remap my idea which I don't want to. This was the closest I could get while continuing what I had going.
02:54:067 (4,5,6) - The kink here is inconsistent because later you've kinked at all the 9's instead of 5's,plus it doesnt fit well here
03:03:442 - This section's kinking doesnt feel very consistent in terms of kinking ,but I guess you've kinked to the pitch change rather than the white ticks/red ticks.Get this checked by someone more experienced in mapping streams
03:58:642 (1,2) - Same as 02:03:667 (2) . The problem with this is half correct emphasis,like you're putting clickable objects on the strong beats which is great but then the same strong beat doesnt get a clickable object which feels lackluster I fixed this part to, to add the clickable beat and also the missing beats.
04:59:033 (1) - This spinner seems kind iffy because at the end, because the music starts to fade out from 04:59:033 (1) and its really unintuitive to extend the spinner into a fade out, imagine spinning 400 rpm on a really quiet section to get a higher combo and not any other reason, I'd suggest ending 05:04:958 here wouldnt be a problem because you've already qualified for minimum drain I think my current drain time is at 5:00:03 so I'm living real close to the edge already lol. Reducing this would mean I'd have to include a spinner in the begging and I don't want to do that really.

Good luck with this map,I hope it gets ranked :)

BOUYAAA's mod

BOUYAAA wrote:

hi, took a quick look at your map, giving you some of my thoughts
I'm mostly here for pitch stuff, rest is kind of subjective/minor

00:24:367 (3) - there is no sound here so this would be overmapped i think I'm keeping this here for consistency to the stream. I'd hate to have to start with a slider->stream because it just doesn't look or feel right this early. If BN/QATs find it problematic, I'll see what I can do to fix it.
00:29:017 - there is a strong sound here so you might wanna map it idk. I think it's the only one you missed so ye I fixed this area, yes.
00:51:442 (1) - seeing the kinks you made 00:50:242 (1,7,13) - I'm kinda sad you left the downbeat without one, would be cool if it had such a thing too imo
01:07:942 (5) - pitch seems wrong here (I don't rly hear a piano note here anyways) But there is ;w;
01:10:492 - I hear a piano note here Here it's too soft and changes the pattern of sounds that my map goes by, though, the keysounding is all a WIP still so these suggestions and responses should be taken with a grain of sand.
01:15:142 (13,14,1,13,14,1) - this is kind of bugging me since you use hitsounds to transition into the next measure but you can only click half of them because kick sliders. Not really an issue though
01:52:342 (2) - I'd remove this, there is no real need to add a note here, this is the quiet part anyways The note is here to keep the map moving and not have such weird pauses.
03:08:242 (1,2,3,4,5) - pitch seems wrong here
04:02:542 (5) - I think you should have used kinks like that only when the piano starts a new pattern, i mean that ascending descending in pitch thing. i don't really know how to explain it but you probably get my idea. It's kind of weird because you don't do it all the time either so emphasis is kind of random. here you skipped one for ex 04:07:342 (5) - but mapped one here 04:06:742 (13) -

thank rohit
Gl!

-Lemon's mod

-Lemons wrote:

A mod at your request

• Edgy Diff Name
  1. Sweet merciful jesus these custom hitsounds
  2. No color hax? It's so pretty to convey the emotions of the song on this map. During the slower parts you can use the greys you've picked out, the more explosive parts use the blues, and then for the super quick piano explosion you can use like a bright orange or red or something to signify the intensity
  3. 00:24:292 (2,3,4,5,6) - I would have these notes be stacked up and then move to the current speed of the stream afterwards just to easy a little more into the explosion of energy that's coming up So I tried to work with this idea a little bit (similar to how I worked the end of the map) and it didn't really feel right just because all the keys are the same level of volume in the song. It also looks very weak into the 'explosion' because the spacing isn't as extended.
  4. 00:27:292 (8) - Ctrl g maybe? I think it flows better but up to you Keeping for slightly more emphasis.
  5. 00:42:817 (9,10,11,1) - Me personally I play with combo colors on and while I know most people don't, just because of the way the background is so white and the previous part of the combo is white and it overlaps I straight up couldn't ever see this coming, consider NC and using the light blue or something for all 4 of the notes I changed the NCs. As for the color hax, I'll think about that later. The combo colors should reflect the background of the map so having warm colors doesn't seem fitting. I might keep everything white at the beginning and move everything to be their natural colors.
  6. 00:44:242 (1) - if you wanna be like super duper nitpicky with yourself at lot of the DS here is like .02 off so you can fix that but it literally changes almost nothing xd
  7. 00:45:442 (1) - With how you sort of emphasized the downbeats I would have a nice dip in the stream here to signify some emphasis on it and makie it stand out 00:46:642 (1) - Similar to here as the flow of the stream changes There is no shift in key in the music at this, so I didn't include the kink there. It just kinda goes on.
  8. 00:48:892 (12) - Keep the DS progression the same that you used on the previous kick sliders, this note is too close for how fast you've made the cursor travel I think this here is okay lol, the distance seems rather fair.
  9. 00:51:142 (13) - Have this style of dip happen at the downbeat instead of here might be cool
  10. 01:05:392 (1) - Why does it get faster here? I can kind of hear some background piano or something playing but I can't really hear a reason to increase it by .2 ds That backgroung piano note is exactly why I made it faster. It's a little more special and noticeable than the other keys because it's a high note than the other mid-tone notes I've used already.
  11. 01:06:442 (7) - dunno why so close either, it feels like it should just remain pretty quickly here
  12. 02:05:842 (1) - So for all this upcoming stream part there's one thing I wanted to note so I don't have to point out every single instance of it, Theres the piano in the background of the noise that your mapping all the streams to, I personally think you should have some form of emphasizing it through a dip in the stream, maybe a complete line of play change for the really really strong ones that are in it. It's fine how it is now but you can make it even better by making sure all the pretty parts get there parts mapped :D
  13. 02:23:992 (2) - So low DS here even tho the piano is goin ham D:
  14. 02:38:242 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - This is so meaaaaaannnn ;w;
  15. 02:44:242 (1) - So from here onward I would just take a look at the streams and make them more dynamic for the music. Right now it's just the same DS the entire time and then some slider shenanigans, to me this just doesn't fit the emotion of the song. I think you should have the DS lower in some parts just to make the parts where the piano explodes even more explosive. Yeah this will kind of lower the overall difficulty but not by much. While looking through this a few times I can somewhat see that the slower parts are usually sliders but idk Im rambling at this point Right, so I came into the song with an idea of using space streams to dominate the chorus of this song, it is after all the most intense part. I did beforehand try to use variable DS but it wouldn't ever feel right so the best I could do would use repeat sliders as it would also help the player regain stamina. I do it my way because it gives the impression that this is where you ascend to heaven, this is the moment of truth.
  16. 03:28:642 (1) - Have this be in the hole made by the slider before it for prettiness :D Repositioning the circles afterward would be hard to work with the slider art. Good idea, but cannot really execute too well.
  17. 04:29:842 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15) - For this part here, I recommend during the part where the piano dips to the lower note that it goes to, use this type of overlap thing 04:15:292 (15,16,1,2,3) -
That's pretty much what I could find to help out. Thank you again for the ideas Lemons. It's unfortunate that a lot of the ideas can't simply work in this difficulty due to the mapping 'style' but perhaps when I map the short ver as a set, I'll be sure to use your ideas and make it feel more wholesome than just 1.0 DS'd streams. :)

monsterata's mod

monstrata wrote:

[Moment]

1. 00:29:842 (1) - You've spammed a lot of doubles so i think here, it would be cool to use two circles instead since theres a noticeable triplet on the red tick. Nice rhythm diversity so far thou! I fixed it here and included the missing beats.
  2. 00:35:842 (1,2,3) - One thing to be wary of with doubles is that they should be obviously spaced away from sliders so they don't appear like large 1/4 slider-jumps. I would increase the DS here eve a bit more. Compare it with 00:26:242 (1,2) - where you use 2.00x DS. (More ideal imo) Spacing is practically the same as before >>;
  3. 00:39:142 (5) - NC? Since you did so for 00:33:442 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5) - which really helped mark spacing changes. Can't say it really works for this one...
  4. 00:40:942 (3,4,5) - Idk about this rhythm. Having 5 begin on 00:41:167 - on the blue tick seems more consistent with the drums.
  5. 00:42:592 (8) - You could NC here for that spacing change i mentioned earlier too. I NC'd this.
  6. 01:18:142 (2) - Ctrl+G'ing plays pretty well here. I fixed the spacing a little on this part. My idea was to have it gradually glide to that side of that map so ctrl-g wouldn't work. But considering your next suggestion, I fixed some spacing.
  7. 01:20:542 (3,4,1,2) - Not really liking the spacing choice you have here. Theyre suddenly much larger than the previous and following kick sliders. Think of them as just circles and you'll see the spacing is kind of odd and a bit random xP. I fixed this part and most definitely fixed the spaced stream that seemed to kill a lot of people. It plays much better now :)
  8. 02:00:142 (1,2,3,4,5) - Feels really overmapped for me xPP It was either this or 10 note streams... I kinda like it this way anyways, brings something different.
  9. 02:03:667 (2) - Make this 1/2 and add a circle on the red tick. Plays so well D: Everyone loves this 3/2 rhythm xD Yes, I fixed this part and included the missing beats so it doesn't feel so lackluster.
  10. 02:04:267 (4) - ^
  11. 02:29:242 (9,10,11,12) - I would arrange them to have the spacing increase instead of decrease since the piano is scaling up and usually that translates to increased spacing I changed the sliders around a little bit.
  12. 02:39:067 (4,1) - Would have been nice to see a slight flow break here like you did with the rest of the stream.
  13. 02:51:292 (15,1) - Can't really comment too well on stream playability since i suck at them, but this motion seems kind of awkward and really sharp compared to your other stream jumps.
  14. 03:06:142 (2) - You could move this down just slightly for a better blanket. Also, the hitburst of the previous stream covers a bit of the repeat arrow so ya move it down a bit if you can. Fixed
  15. 03:17:392 (10,11) - A jump here would have been more interesting imo. Cuz of those snares or whatever those drums are I'm not sure about this. I tried working with different shapes and locations but I think what I have is as good as I could get without having to remap further sections of the map.
  16. 03:20:542 (3,4) - Spacing's pretty small here D: The pattern with increasing spaced triangles is what I had in mind here ;;
  17. 03:22:642 (1) - Niiiice. My one complant tho is this part of the slider's path looks really ambiguous. I don't think the bump before the first loop is that necessary. nuu but my art ;w;
  18. 03:58:867 (2,4) - As mentioned earlier.Fixed.
  19. 04:17:842 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - This is pretty awesome. Thanks, it's my favorite part of the stream xDD
Okay that's it call me back when you're ready!

Thank you all for the mods! :) This took way too long to answer :?
Natteke desu
well, since it seems i'm late and this map moving further feel free to poke me with any other map of you
Squigly
it's

ok i guess
-NeBu-
Hey, feel free to ignore this mod, i'm not good mapper, but i love this map <3

00:59:767 (13) - i think this empty place don't fit, maybe double small slider instead of long one and empty circle?
01:29:842 (1,2) - maybe one slider because its slow part with only circles [?]
01:52:342 (2) - in my opinion it looks better without circle, but its not needed to remove this one. :P

theres nothing to change actually, this map is perfect in my opinion. GL HF, hope to see this ranked soon! <3
Topic Starter
Kroytz

NeBuSC2 wrote:

Hey, feel free to ignore this mod, i'm not good mapper, but i love this map <3

00:59:767 (13) - i think this empty place don't fit, maybe double small slider instead of long one and empty circle? I'm not sure if you're looking at the same thing I'm looking at but the sound is repeating and I find this to be okay.
01:29:842 (1,2) - maybe one slider because its slow part with only circles [?] 3 different keys playing = 3 circles. One slider repeating or 3 sliders with mute end could work but then it'd be slightly inconsistent with what I've mapped already so far. I like the idea of having note note note until the violins come, that's where the sliders should be imo.
01:52:342 (2) - in my opinion it looks better without circle, but its not needed to remove this one. :P The circle is there to get rid of the awkward pause and to keep the map moving. I know this part should be slow, but I don't' want it to be 'dead' slow.

theres nothing to change actually, this map is perfect in my opinion. GL HF, hope to see this ranked soon! <3
Thank you for the mod, I hope this sees the light of ranked too! :)
Osuology
(PLEASE DO NOT THINK I HATE YOU PLEASE I'M JUST HELPING HOWEVER I CAN M4M ALSO ROFL)
00:25:792 (5,6) - I'm not sure as to why you should be doing this this way. Using a triplet is better IMO because it follows the accentuation and music theory appropriately.
00:27:292 (8) - Also not sure why this is 1/6. I can't hear anything that's 1/6 and that BG noise is really just one beat that's dragged out.
00:33:442 (1,2,3,4) - Once again I can't hear this in the song.
00:47:242 (9,10,11,12) - Perhaps you should work out the accentuation with this map. Patterns see to be fine, but as to streams and 1/4... not so well. These don't really deserve to be here. Change for maybe a repeating slider or a different pattern of triplets etc.
00:53:842 (1) - Starting here you did a good job of mapping these. :)
01:27:592 (2,3) - Why? why I cannot hear anything for these to be justified. I realize you might want to be consistent but please it doesn't match the song unless you hear something.
Also DS seems a little low for this section 02:05:842 (1) - \
02:44:242 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - Volume is too low, maybe it's also because you use soft here which isn't recommendable by me, use normal here.
03:22:642 (1) - BIOLOGY LESSON ON HOW GOAT'S INTESTINES LOOK ROFL (this isn't bad just saying lol)
03:36:892 (9) - Here it would be nice if a slider was here like 1/4 slider that is
03:49:042 (1) - Move this to 352 164 I think the jump was too much
03:51:592 (2,1) - Jeez, that's a bit much for a jump
04:21:892 (7) - This is offscreen I think along with 04:24:742 (13) -
04:30:892 (15,3) - Ok, look out for these they aren't rankable as far as I know
Ok dat's it. Sorry it wasn't much! I did my best to look for anything that bothered me so.. ye
Topic Starter
Kroytz
Osuology's mod

Osuology wrote:

(PLEASE DO NOT THINK I HATE YOU PLEASE I'M JUST HELPING HOWEVER I CAN M4M ALSO ROFL) okie
00:25:792 (5,6) - I'm not sure as to why you should be doing this this way. Using a triplet is better IMO because it follows the accentuation and music theory appropriately. It's really weird to play a triple after a slider despite it being a blue-ended slider. The sounds in the kick are repeated twice, so I used the kick slider to capture both beats.
00:27:292 (8) - Also not sure why this is 1/6. I can't hear anything that's 1/6 and that BG noise is really just one beat that's dragged out. I swear I heard it as 1/6..and I feel like it still is, though, it doesn't pose a problem in terms of playability so I think I'll keep it...
00:33:442 (1,2,3,4) - Once again I can't hear this in the song. The sounds are there ;w;
00:47:242 (9,10,11,12) - Perhaps you should work out the accentuation with this map. Patterns see to be fine, but as to streams and 1/4... not so well. These don't really deserve to be here. Change for maybe a repeating slider or a different pattern of triplets etc.
00:53:842 (1) - Starting here you did a good job of mapping these. :)
01:27:592 (2,3) - Why? why I cannot hear anything for these to be justified. I realize you might want to be consistent but please it doesn't match the song unless you hear something. I'm almost certain there is a soft piano playing in the back here...I wish xi would reply to my email already ;w;
Also DS seems a little low for this section 02:05:842 (1) - \ Changed the DS of former notes to make this a little bigger. It did bug me a little.
02:44:242 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16) - Volume is too low, maybe it's also because you use soft here which isn't recommendable by me, use normal here.
03:22:642 (1) - BIOLOGY LESSON ON HOW GOAT'S INTESTINES LOOK ROFL (this isn't bad just saying lol) I don't even wanna know ;_;
03:36:892 (9) - Here it would be nice if a slider was here like 1/4 slider that is 1/4 slider would overmap the slider-end beat.
03:49:042 (1) - Move this to 352 164 I think the jump was too much I kinda wanted the jump to be bigger seeing as how the note is also deeper.
03:51:592 (2,1) - Jeez, that's a bit much for a jump
04:21:892 (7) - This is offscreen I think along with 04:24:742 (13) - This is as low as it can go in editor without being offscreen. Had it been a slider then it would've been bad.
04:30:892 (15,3) - Ok, look out for these they aren't rankable as far as I know (3) is okay, I fixed (15) by 2 pixels so it's not offscreen.
Ok dat's it. Sorry it wasn't much! I did my best to look for anything that bothered me so.. ye
Thank you for the mod! :)
Side
Hitsoundmod part 1 cuz I'm too lazy and don't have too much time to do it all. I'll likely edit this constantly with new boxes which include the dates (and within them the mods for that day) so uh....yeah. Here's a thing :v

11/17
Most of the mod was done through IRC so you should have most of these changes

00:57:292 (8,1) - 8 should use SC: 58 and 59 on tail. 1 should use 26 (cuz I guess those are the long notes) or 60 if you feel a short note is better

00:57:892 (6,1) - 6 should use 55 and 56 on tail and 1 should use 25 for long note 57 for short note. Your preference.

00:58:492 (6,1) - 6 should use 54 56 on tail and 1 should use 24 for long note which makes sense here.

00:59:842 - 20 works here.

01:00:142 (4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,1) - This part is tricky as fug cuz the scales go lower than the hitsounds you have and I don't think you wanna add MORE hitsounds :v. Technically you can improvise this. I made a meh improv by doing the following (going in order): 49, 51, 54, 56, 57, 56, 54, 51, 57, 54, 56, 54. I'll bring this up in the next point though because....

That next part at 01:01:342 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - Should technically be hitsounded since you wanted to emphasize 01:02:542 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1) - The problem is 01:01:642 - Should be A in the 2nd octave (as in A-22 in that piano thingy) which uh..you don't have. I could improv here too but uh...I'm still not sure what you wanna do. I still need to know what you want in terms of keysounds whether it's to follow the piano truly or decorate it with harmonies and improv in the less intense parts. If you're not sure then don't mess with this 00:59:842 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,1) -

01:03:142 (9,10,11,12,1) - 9 is right but the rest should also be descending so (starting from 9) it should be 59, 57, 54, 52, 27.

01:04:942 (5,6,7,8,9) - SC:50, 49, 50, 51, 52.

01:05:692 (5) - 59

01:06:142 (5,6,7) - SC:50, 49, 50, 51, 52.

UUUUGH Man You should really add the lower notes. There's so much I can't hitsound because it's missing that lower A :(

Actually that's probably what took up the most of my time since I had to map around that missing note (as well as maybe the B right after basically what would be 48 and 47)

I'll stop here for now I really wanna get that sorted out because I'd rather not have to improv and follow the song personally and based on how most of the map is layered out it seems you do too so uh...Yeah don't kds this just find me in game and we'll try to get those missing hitsounds added somehow because they're pretty damn important. Also I'm out of time anyway :v
Alpe
04:25:417 (6) - Is that a mistake (hitsound) ?

And what is wrong with the Preview point ?
Topic Starter
Kroytz

Azulae wrote:

04:25:417 (6) - Is that a mistake (hitsound) ? Yup. Found a few others near that section to be fixed as well.

And what is wrong with the Preview point ? Intended to be at the slow part.
@ Side's 11/17
Most of the mod was done through IRC so you should have most of these changes

00:57:292 (8,1) - 8 should use SC: 58 and 59 on tail. 1 should use 26 (cuz I guess those are the long notes) or 60 if you feel a short note is better

00:57:892 (6,1) - 6 should use 55 and 56 on tail and 1 should use 25 for long note 57 for short note. Your preference.

00:58:492 (6,1) - 6 should use 54 56 on tail and 1 should use 24 for long note which makes sense here.

00:59:842 - 20 works here. Changed to 54 for shorter sound.

01:00:142 (4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,1) - This part is tricky as fug cuz the scales go lower than the hitsounds you have and I don't think you wanna add MORE hitsounds :v. Technically you can improvise this. I made a meh improv by doing the following (going in order): 49, 51, 54, 56, 57, 56, 54, 51, 57, 54, 56, 54. I'll bring this up in the next point though because....

That next part at 01:01:342 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - Should technically be hitsounded since you wanted to emphasize 01:02:542 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,1) - The problem is 01:01:642 - Should be A in the 2nd octave (as in A-22 in that piano thingy) which uh..you don't have. For now I'll use the long sound 13, but I'm sure you wanted me to use the shorter sound so we'll come back to these improv areas. I could improv here too but uh...I'm still not sure what you wanna do. I still need to know what you want in terms of keysounds whether it's to follow the piano truly or decorate it with harmonies and improv in the less intense parts. If you're not sure then don't mess with this 00:59:842 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,1) -

01:03:142 (9,10,11,12,1) - 9 is right but the rest should also be descending so (starting from 9) it should be 59, 57, 54, 52, 27.

01:04:942 (5,6,7,8,9) - SC:50, 49, 50, 51, 52.

01:05:692 (5) - 59 Changed to 25 for longer sound.

01:06:142 (5,6,7) - SC:50, 49, 50, 51, 52.

UUUUGH Man You should really add the lower notes. There's so much I can't hitsound because it's missing that lower A :(

Actually that's probably what took up the most of my time since I had to map around that missing note (as well as maybe the B right after basically what would be 48 and 47)

I'll stop here for now I really wanna get that sorted out because I'd rather not have to improv and follow the song personally and based on how most of the map is layered out it seems you do too so uh...Yeah don't kds this just find me in game and we'll try to get those missing hitsounds added somehow because they're pretty damn important. Also I'm out of time anyway :v Fixed all of em save for the improv..

I'll add the new sound files for the lower notes and post a few pictures of where my keysounds are located on the piano.
Topic Starter
Kroytz
So to anyone who finds off-key hitsounding or anyone interested in how my custom sound files look like on a piano, here they are
Warning: it gets pretty messy further down, I only tried to include what is actually used in the song)

There you have it, for easy viewing.
sheela
Hey Kroytz!

First, I want to say good job with the hitsounds! Okay, I'm not sure if you used a hitsound splitter program, or you just manually add them (impossible though!), but it remains a very neat and beautiful map. *claps*

[General]
  1. According to Sieg's Modding Assissant program, the following list is unused hitsounds:
    1. soft-hitnormal40.wav
    2. soft-hitnormal41.wav
    3. soft-hitnormal42.wav
    4. soft-hitnormal43.wav
    5. soft-hitnormal44.wav
    6. soft-hitnormal45.wav
    7. soft-hitnormal46.wav
    8. soft-hitnormal47.wav
    9. soft-hitnormal48.wav
    10. soft-hitnormal6.wav
    11. soft-sliderslide.wav
    All I can say is that soft-sliderslide.wav is not used because all I can see in the timing panel are mostly S, instead of S:C1. For the others, well, you'll have to check manually sadly.
  2. There are inherit timing lines that are unsnapped:
    1. 02:36:963
    2. 04:48:138

[Final Moment]
  1. There are objects in less denser parts with only a piano key hitsound, but because the piano key is similar (or exactly) to the note in the music, it makes a less proper feedback to the players. I played the map and it felt weird and bad to click on the note without any other sound than the note taken in the music. Here are notes I've crossed during the gameplay. I suggest you add whistles.
    1. 01:27:142 (4) - 01:28:492 (6) - 01:32:542 (3) - 01:33:292 (6) - and more until 01:44:242 -
    2. 03:31:042 (1,3) - (You didn't added here, but you did to 04:47:842 (1,3) -) - 03:39:292 (4) -
  2. 00:58:942 (5) - I think it fits better if this is two circles. In the previous rhythms, you used kicksliders when the piano has a higher pitch, for instance 00:55:942 (7,8) - 00:57:292 (8,1) - 00:57:892 (6,1) - 00:58:492 (6,1) - . They make a good emphasis on the high notes of the instrument. But 00:58:942 (5) is a kickslider, however there is no piano sounds. So I don't think having a jump between 00:58:942 (5,6) will follow anything.
  3. 01:32:692 (4) - Perhaps this note should move closer to 01:32:542 (3) -, like x:167 y:70? You did for 01:27:742 (3,4) -, but I felt something wrong when the spacing is big. I can't explain why, but it has to be with the piano lel.
  4. 01:52:642 (1,2) - This is personal in this matter, but I don't really like the ugly overlap pattern to be honest. Maybe space them like this:
  5. 02:20:317 (2,3,4) - This may not be the right time to place a curve, as you really don't have anything strong on 02:20:392 (3) -, only maybe 02:20:242 (1) or 02:20:542 (5) . I suggest you start curving on 02:20:242 (1) which would make more sense to the music. A simple curve should do the trick:
  6. 03:56:692 (2) - Oh oh, I think the hitcircle is not supporting anything in the music. Removing it should do the trick, but you have to move 03:56:242 (1) somewhere else, I guess.
  7. 04:17:842 to 04:20:242 - Oh my gawh I love this effect.
  8. 04:39:442 (1) - Okay here. Like, you have to tell me the secret here. I forgot to mention 03:22:642 (1) too.

Cool! Let me know when you have updated so I can recheck it!
Topic Starter
Kroytz
Sheela's mod

sheela901 wrote:

Hey Kroytz!

First, I want to say good job with the hitsounds! Okay, I'm not sure if you used a hitsound splitter program, or you just manually add them (impossible though!), but it remains a very neat and beautiful map. *claps* Thanks, it took a longass time xD

[General]
  1. According to Sieg's Modding Assissant program, the following list is unused hitsounds:
    1. soft-hitnormal40.wav
    2. soft-hitnormal41.wav
    3. soft-hitnormal42.wav
    4. soft-hitnormal43.wav
    5. soft-hitnormal44.wav
    6. soft-hitnormal45.wav
    7. soft-hitnormal46.wav
    8. soft-hitnormal47.wav
    9. soft-hitnormal48.wav
    10. soft-hitnormal6.wav
    11. soft-sliderslide.wav
    All I can say is that soft-sliderslide.wav is not used because all I can see in the timing panel are mostly S, instead of S:C1. For the others, well, you'll have to check manually sadly. Removed all the ones I haven't used. I might add back 41-48 depending if there are missing pianos that I haven't covered yet.
  2. There are inherit timing lines that are unsnapped:
    1. 02:36:963
    2. 04:48:138
Fixed.

[Final Moment]
  1. There are objects in less denser parts with only a piano key hitsound, but because the piano key is similar (or exactly) to the note in the music, it makes a less proper feedback to the players. I played the map and it felt weird and bad to click on the note without any other sound than the note taken in the music. Here are notes I've crossed during the gameplay. I suggest you add whistles.
    1. 01:27:142 (4) - Added the ones like this 01:28:492 (6) - 01:32:542 (3) - Didn't add the ones like this because I had a Whistle->Whistle->nothing->Drum-Finish pattern going on. 01:33:292 (6) - and more until 01:44:242 -
    2. 03:31:042 (1,3) - (You didn't added here, but you did to 04:47:842 (1,3) -) - 03:39:292 (4) - Fixed these to look identical and consistent.
  2. 00:58:942 (5) - I think it fits better if this is two circles. In the previous rhythms, you used kicksliders when the piano has a higher pitch, for instance 00:55:942 (7,8) - 00:57:292 (8,1) - 00:57:892 (6,1) - 00:58:492 (6,1) - . They make a good emphasis on the high notes of the instrument. But 00:58:942 (5) is a kickslider, however there is no piano sounds. So I don't think having a jump between 00:58:942 (5,6) will follow anything. You're somewhat correct. The reason behind the kicks I used are so it fits the dominant sound here 00:57:442 (1) - 00:58:042 (1) - 00:58:642 (1) - | I used (6) as the stream instead and not another kick because then there would be a pattern I'd have to follow that the music doesn't suggest. I feel as if the stream continues off of (5), then (1) doesn't get the proper continuation as the others did. However, I did fix, 00:56:842 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - to be more stream oriented with only the kick at the end to be a little more similar to this 00:59:092 (6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - hopeully there's more consistency to the music like that.
  3. 01:32:692 (4) - Perhaps this note should move closer to 01:32:542 (3) -, like x:167 y:70? You did for 01:27:742 (3,4) -, but I felt something wrong when the spacing is big. I can't explain why, but it has to be with the piano lel. I moved the notes around a little to be similar to your idea.
  4. 01:52:642 (1,2) - This is personal in this matter, but I don't really like the ugly overlap pattern to be honest. Maybe space them like this: Good suggestions, however, I used a different non-overlapping method to combat this. I felt the overlap would bring something more interesting but I kind of like my new one more too tho.
  5. 02:20:317 (2,3,4) - This may not be the right time to place a curve, as you really don't have anything strong on 02:20:392 (3) -, only maybe 02:20:242 (1) or 02:20:542 (5) . I suggest you start curving on 02:20:242 (1) which would make more sense to the music. A simple curve should do the trick: I like the curve idea because it makes sense to the music. I like my idea because it adds a sort of
  6. 03:56:692 (2) - Oh oh, I think the hitcircle is not supporting anything in the music. Removing it should do the trick, but you have to move 03:56:242 (1) somewhere else, I guess. I want this 'overmap' to be consistent with 03:57:892 (2) - which follows a faint background noise that the former doesn't support. But even then, the sound is so faint that the latter wouldn't need be necessary either, so I used whistles to help accentuate the lack of rhythm in this section which I think works fine. Otherwise, this rhythm-less gap is too large and the section might feel rather lackluster.
  7. 04:17:842 to 04:20:242 - Oh my gawh I love this effect. Yooo I tell everyone that these triple C's are my favorite <3333
  8. 04:39:442 (1) - Okay here. Like, you have to tell me the secret here. I forgot to mention 03:22:642 (1) too. xDD I was talking to Slick about this because my previous sliders for this section were really lame, so I spent a good 30min each trying to do some 'art' and really, I just yolo'd some stuff. For the first, I thought mixing a loop and a large curve would be cool and keeping the lines close together. For the 2nd, I thought using two loops would be cool because I never see people use multiple loops that much. Personally, I prefer the first slider. :)

Cool! Let me know when you have updated so I can recheck it!

Okay!
sheela
So, I want to marry 03:22:642 (1) and 04:39:442 (1) pls.
Arzenvald
ascensions to heaven.. fk i should map this song.. good luck on your first qualification!
Keada
Is it happening?

Edit: KROYTZ WAKE UP!
fieryrage
can this get ranked please
Topic Starter
Kroytz
I've been touched by cookiezi =w=
Never forget this day, Thanksgiving
Spaghetti
i love you
Sharkie
w
Monstrata
Checked mainly for offscreen stuff and snapping issues. Found none, so here's #2
Topic Starter
Kroytz
Self popping to fix combo color issues, still back in business.
Karen
ask monstrata for a rebubble if you did self pop without letting him know.

And placeholder for a flame, wait for me.
fieryrage
reserving first fc for me i trained on dragonforce maps in hype for this day

jk im fucking shit at stREaMs

seriously though hype af right now
strickluke
this is very pretty, thank you for making this :D
Karen
delete these green lines since no sv changes on them, change sampleset on the red lines
04:52:642 -
04:55:115 -
04:58:958 - and is this red line here really useful? there is no sound after it.

04:55:115 - 04:55:904 (1,2,3) - timing sounds a bit off here, please ask others to confirm it.

ask the previous BN(monsterata) for a rebubble then call me back.
Shiro
worked out a better timing

Topic Starter
Kroytz

Karen wrote:

delete these green lines since no sv changes on them, change sampleset on the red lines Fixed
04:52:642 - Fixed
04:55:115 - Fiixed
04:58:958 - and is this red line here really useful? there is no sound after it. Removed green line, applied it to Red line like I did with the others. Yes it is necessary because BPM change.

04:55:115 - 04:55:904 (1,2,3) - timing sounds a bit off here, please ask others to confirm it.

ask the previous BN(monsterata) for a rebubble then call me back.
Checked some more timing stuff with Shiro, this works better.
Monstrata
From what i've been told by previous QAT's, the only times when rebubbles must take place are if there are timing changes. SO here's your rebubble~
-GN
this keysounding is terrible for playing - you're replacing half of the hitnormal sounds with piano which doesn't work for feedback at all unless you play with extremely low music volume. it was done very well for the intro, which had both piano and hitnormals playing at the same time, but as the piano mapped streams came in, most of that feedback present disappeared and i had no choice but to disable them if i wanted to play the map properly. which is a shame, because the hitsounding seems to be very well done. it'd be amazing if you could do something about this, because right now i have to run it through auto if i want to hear them.

the rest of the map is really, really good. there are few difficult maps that are both pretty and enjoyable, but this manages to do it nicely.
Topic Starter
Kroytz
The keysounding is done fairly similar to that of Akasha's with the only difference being our uh, keyboards lol. Akasha's is much denser than mine. Others suggested I apply the keysounds to soft-hitwhistle but that would force me to spam whistles on every single note during the kiais and that would be an absolute mess with those who play with disabled hitsounds. I'd rather not mess with the raw hit sounding for the sake of something that's optional. Custom hitsounds are after all cosmetic; the reason I keysounded this song the way I did was simply because I love this song too much x3

Thank you for the comments -GN! It means a lot :)
Karen
Qualified!!

Spaghetti
I LOVE YOU
Meg
gratz 1st rank
Spaghetti
show more