forum

Really small tablet area

posted
Total Posts
show more
Bauxe
I have a really large tablet area and people tell me to make it smaller.

I tell them to fuck off.
zargot
Play with an area that you are comfortable with.
pandaBee
Do whatever you want. I couldn't care less.
otoed1
The biggest area you are comfortable with is what you should use. If you like that and don't want to go any larger, than stick with it.
Cyron
The bigger the area, the better. Just be sure to make it larger a bit every day until you feel you can't go any larger. I went from a very small square to abot 80% of tablet area in a month.
ithgyu

Bauxe wrote:

I have a really large tablet area and people tell me to make it smaller.

I tell them to fuck off.
maybe thats why you keep choking airman ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
buny
I went from 1/3 area to full area

I regret this decision every day
deletemyaccount
you know what they say

it isn't about how big it is, its about how you use it

who cares if you like it then use it everyones different
pandaBee
8-)

a loli wrote:

I went from 1/3 area to full area

I regret this decision every day
And what exactly is stopping you from going back little girl?
I Give Up
Bigger is better ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
buny

pandaBee wrote:

I went from wrist -> arm

it's hard to switch playstyle
StephOsu

a loli wrote:

pandaBee wrote:

I went from wrist -> arm

it's hard to switch playstyle
believe in your innate memory and go back to using wrist and click the circles
just believe in yourself
Evanlet
The smallest tablet area you can play comfortably in is probably the best, as it shaves those valuable nanoseconds off travel times at competitive, high level play. Obviously, with a small tablet area, you have to be much more precise and the smallest miscalculations, hesitations and vibrations will throw your game... Not to mention it's harder to get back into the game after a break, with a smaller tablet area due to that required precision (speaking from experience).

These days I'm playing with a relatively large area, but I no longer play competitively, or often really. My prime time ended the day I quit like 2-3 years ago ^-^
otoed1

Evanlet wrote:

The smallest tablet area you can play comfortably in is probably the best, as it shaves those valuable nanoseconds off travel times at competitive, high level play.
Frankly, distance really doesn't matter that much, if you really have a hard time getting to notes on time, your too slow.
SpringVine
Both of them have their pluses and drawbacks
small area - more mobility but harder to gain control on your aim
large area - harder to gain mobility but your aim is more stable
If you practice correctly tho, then you can overcome the drawbacks easily, just play with what you feel comfortable
It's a matter of preference
Evanlet

otoed1 wrote:

Evanlet wrote:

The smallest tablet area you can play comfortably in is probably the best, as it shaves those valuable nanoseconds off travel times at competitive, high level play.
Frankly, distance really doesn't matter that much, if you really have a hard time getting to notes on time, your too slow.
You're new. You have never even reached the level I'm talking about, tbh I don't think you can even fathom what I'm talking about.
deletemyaccount

Evanlet wrote:

You're new. You have never even reached the level I'm talking about, tbh I don't think you can even fathom what I'm talking about.
preach it
ZenithPhantasm

Philantropist wrote:

Evanlet wrote:

preach it
M8s otoed1 isnt even a tablet player. You both have been fooled.
kenzory
hey guys. I left poe for somemonths and now i want to return with a tablet. i was mouse user. and i want to reach 90k another time and get better.
the tablet is a ctl 470. and currently im hovering a small area. should i better full area arm like Heibels sin or more small area dragg like wopfwobwolf?
Any idea? recommend me something to get high ranks? i should move the hand or the arm for hovering? ty sorry for my english
Infevo
Tablet area is just as sensitivity on mouse determined by play style, anatomy, subjective comfort and you should collect experience with different area sizes and styles and decide by yourself.

For me (and this is just one of many examples) a small area is perfect since:
- small hands
- i draw/play using fingers and wrist (others prefer using their elbow as pivot point)
- i prefer the speed and responsiveness

The good thing about tablets is the absolute aim. each point on the screen strictly corresponds a point on your tablet area. So once you internalize this relationship in your brain all that matter really is your reading and physical ability to do what the map demands of you.
Qenomo
The general idea is that a larger area will give you more room for error which will help when under pressure and a smaller area would be easier for large jumps. Having a larger area is what I would go for and then from there you can adjust the resolution with windowed mode.
Pituophis
yes
buny

Evanlet wrote:

I'm effectively full screen full area and have passed rabbit's intersect thunderbolt; distance isn't really a limiting factor, you're basically trading speed for aim.
ZenithPhantasm
Wot about mouse? 200 dpi 1080p fullscreen anyone?
buny
I don't think your mousepad can handle it
ZenithPhantasm

a loli wrote:

I don't think your mousepad can handle it
No it cant :(
>:( I WANT ARTISAN TO MAKE SUPER XL SIZED ONES.
Xayne

Liweinator wrote:

I play with a really small tablet area, but it feels comfortable. Many people say that having a small area is bad. Should I change it? its from up to down 2790 and left to right 3850
It's comparable to having a really high DPI. It requires less movement, but the margin for error is much smaller than having a lower DPI/bigger area. If you can consistently play at that area, it's fine, but if you find yourself being inconsistent and having a lot of random misses, that's why.
Minhtam
To be honest, I think I play with a smaller tablet area than you do.