forum

Offset

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
aeeiku
So I started changing the local offset of my beatmaps and it actually helped a lot to my surprise. I normally use -10 offset for ones where I have low acc and it really boosts my acc up for those songs. Some songs I need to put -20 local offset for. And some don't appear to need changing at all (not sure if it's to do with low OD).

So I was wondering if it was worth changing my universal (global) offset to -10... ALSO, is there a way to clear ALL local offsets easily?

Thanks
markii
Offsets work by altering when the song plays in relation to when the circles appear.

By making the local offset -10 what is effectively happening is the song starts playing 10 ms later. Universal offset (UO) is designed to tune out hardware latency NOT timing issues, since these vary from map to map. if it seems like a large portion of maps are off time it's probably a latency issue and not a timing issue. Do a quick google search to find out how to set your UO.

some songs however are misstimed which can be caused by a number of things that don't necessarily matter for finding a solution, which in this case is local offset. So go to your settings turn on hit error and resize it to x2 (makin' that ish nice and visible, ya heard) now if the ticks come left of center you're early and need to make the offset negative, if they are trending right you are early and need to make it positive. That basically wraps it up. Ask more questions if you need.
dung eater
you should set your universal offset eyes closed, if you look at circles you can verry easily get it wrong (your hit windows are too early or too late)

dt changes the offset a bit, can't remeber the amount because i don't play dt, but you can probably find it with search