posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Feiri

Momiji wrote:

http://puu.sh/kPdnc/67cca60ebb.osr
I tried (that ur xd)
I think we just instinctively move our cursors to every circle that we see now.
dung eater
change your mouse/kb/tablet hands and turn your screen upside down and mirror it

can't really unlearn without damaging/shutting down the part of brains you use when you play (you will have to use another part of brain for it, learn it again)

if you change the task to something brains don't easily recognize you can enjoy learning it again, but you will still probably do it faster
Infevo
can you unlearn how to walk? how to breath? how to drive a car once you did it for thousands of miles?

no. you can't just forget something you have spent so much time on.
Endaris
You can only reset your mussle memory for hands.
Like going from singletapping tablet+keyboard to click+x mouse fullalternate.
But you can't untrain your eyes and ears. Eyetraining is what enables you to read AR9(newbs can't do that) and Eartraining is what enables you to get good accuracy by hearing when you're off and whether you're early or late and also keeping a steady beat.
-Ene-_old_1
Not all new players are bad at all. Sure most people join with not much experience of rhythm games, but if you have played a game that requires fast reactions or have good hand-eye coordination you should easily be able to read the circles closing and aim them. Then gain everything else you need from there.
ZenithPhantasm
play more
Upskirt

Endaris wrote:

But you can't untrain your eyes and ears. Eyetraining is what enables you to read AR9(newbs can't do that) and Eartraining is what enables you to get good accuracy by hearing when you're off and whether you're early or late and also keeping a steady beat.
Pretty sure you can adjust everything you just stated. Just takes time and effort.
Endaris

Venzire wrote:

Endaris wrote:

Pretty sure you can adjust everything you just stated. Just takes time and effort.
That's not the point. Read the question.
Minhtam
Just answer the following question: As an adult, can you shrink your height back to when you were born?
-Ene-_old_1

Minhtam wrote:

Just answer the following question: As an adult, can you shrink your height back to when you were born?
Yes
StephOsu

Minhtam wrote:

yeah it's absolutely possible just brutally cut off your legs
Upskirt

Endaris wrote:

That's not the point. Read the question.

You said you can't tho :(
chainpullz
If you want to experience that feeling again try playing ksm/mania (especially ksm if you are already comfortable with mania).
abraker
How to untrain yourself:

1) Find a bad skin
2) Change you keys to the other side of the keyboard
3) Play on a non mech keyboard (if you are playing on a mech)
4) Lower your chair (if possible)
5) play on windowed 800x600 osu! with the window not centered (off to the side)

Good luck! And tell me if that works, because idk honestly
Risa
Just flip your tablet upside down and play with invisible cursor. Done.

EDIT : And tap the keyboard using your toes
Minhtam

StephOsu wrote:

Minhtam wrote:

yeah it's absolutely possible just brutally cut off your legs

... forget that I asked...
pandaBee
Make the window screen so small that you can barely see the notes

Switch your mouse/tablet to the other hand, vice-versa for keyboard

manually mistime all the audio for every single beatmap you play

Change your sensitivities/active areas

play like that for a month, then change everything back except for the window screen.
ZenithPhantasm

Minhtam wrote:

I want to become a loli
otoed1
If I could reset from the beginning I would. Also part of me wishes I could get my account scores reset too.
Topic Starter
Feiri
I tried switching my tablet to my left hand.

It sucks balls when you can read the map but the cursor doesn't go where you want it to.
[ yogurt ]
Play mouse inverted :^)
E m i

itisanosu wrote:

It sucks balls when you can read the map but the cursor doesn't go where you want it to.
It does
buny

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Minhtam wrote:

I want to become a loli
I'm flattered
B1rd

a loli wrote:

I'm flattered
You don't have PMs on?
buny

B1rd wrote:

a loli wrote:

I'm flattered
You don't have PMs on?
nope
B1rd

a loli wrote:

nope
I can't fathom why. Because I actually have a 'private message' I want to send you.
I Give Up
Play EZ if you haven't played EZ before. Play HR if you are not an HR player. Play HD if you don't play HD.

Or just get RSI.
Cyron
Why would you even do that? The only reason I can think of is so that i wouldn't look like an alien playing osu in front of my real life friends.
StephOsu

otoed1 wrote:

Also part of me wishes I could get my account scores reset too.
create new account and get banned for multiaccount
dung eater

StephOsu wrote:

and get banned for multiaccount
only if you get caught 8-) can't really see the appeal of several accounts tho, especially in a game with no matchmaking
ZenithPhantasm

a loli wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

I want to become a loli
I'm flattered
*POMF*
Insyni
Look at the wrong part of the screen while you play. Trust me, it works for me.
Topic Starter
Feiri

Insyni wrote:

Look at the wrong part of the screen while you play. Trust me, it works for me.
What part of your screen does the "wrong part" refer to?
Endaris
The backside of it.
While my aim is slightly worse, I can still play way better than anyone unfamiliar with this game if I'm just at a bad angle.
Roxy Lalonde
muscles atrophy if they stop being used for long periods of time

bones shorten if they stop being used for long periods of time

food spoils if not eaten for long periods of time

memories are forgotten if not eaten for long periods of time

that being said, unless you really enjoyed osu!, it's always possible to forget it

but "untraining" is a myth

you just have to go on along with life and erase its meaning from your thoughts by yknow

thinking about other things
ZenithPhantasm
Bonk yourself in the head with a sledgehammer and you might get amnesia along with a concussion and possibly fractured skull
otoed1

jaaakb wrote:

StephOsu wrote:

and get banned for multiaccount
only if you get caught 8-) can't really see the appeal of several accounts tho, especially in a game with no matchmaking
multi account is pointless in this game, but I wish I could reset my scores so I can see what my real rank is. I took a month break with the game and changed my dpi and resolution.