forum

Active PP?

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +523
show more
Topic Starter
Ketsakura

MoeScope wrote:

I 100% support this proposal and that we should have a feature that allows this. Either having a support tag or not, i do wish that this would be implemented in the future. Peppy please :3 <3

thank you! :D
deanio97
I see where this is going :P I like the idea actually... it can be like a combo counter but display your end PP after the map completes... ALSO: it could even change colour in accordance to the impact it would have on your rank and use the standard hit calculation colours for it:

gold: massive impact, +100 or so ranks
green: expected count, high impact, +50-99 or so
orange: moderate impact +20-49 ranks or so
blue: low impact: +1-19
grey: no impact 0 ranks
red: negative impact: -1 or lower ranks

this would make ranking up a lot easier for Tillerino users as well because it would show them if there's any room for improvement in a map play!
Topic Starter
Ketsakura

deanio97 wrote:

I see where this is going :P I like the idea actually... it can be like a combo counter but display your end PP after the map completes... ALSO: it could even change colour in accordance to the impact it would have on your rank and use the standard hit calculation colours for it:
gold: massive impact, +100 or so ranks
green: expected count, high impact, +50-99 or so
orange: moderate impact +20-49 ranks or so
blue: low impact: +1-19
grey: no impact 0 ranks
red: negative impact: -1 or lower ranks
this would make ranking up a lot easier for Tillerino users as well because it would show them if there's any room for improvement in a map play!

I agree with that colors! that sounds like a neat idea actually! It makes things easier!
abraker
Example: You play a map and at the beginning it says you can obtain 100pp from it but then you miss a note, bringing it down to 80pp (it's just an example)
The current system doesn't allow this. Heck why even display score anymore then? Just display pp instead.
Bara-
I like this
I have a feeling it's requested before though (but my wi-fi here is quite bad)
Intervention
I was going to type a paragraph about this, but I'll just make this short and sweet; just play the map and go for an FC, if you can't get a combo going/good accuracy, then don't play the map and play something easier.
Topic Starter
Ketsakura

abraker wrote:

Example: You play a map and at the beginning it says you can obtain 100pp from it but then you miss a note, bringing it down to 80pp (it's just an example)
The current system doesn't allow this. Heck why even display score anymore then? Just display pp instead.

How cares? Just use all of them! What do you mean doesn't allow? I don't see that...

Baraatje123 wrote:

I like this
I have a feeling it's requested before though (but my wi-fi here is quite bad)

Thank you for your input!
abraker

OsuGod wrote:

What do you mean doesn't allow?
For it to be able to do that, it must calculate the results per hit. Currently it calculates results only at the end. In order for this request to work, first realtime results calculation needs to be implemented.
DahplA
I think it wouldn't be that great considering it's not a necessary thing. It will take some time to implement compared to the value you'll get out of it.
Karuta-_old_1
i can get a rough idea about the amount of pp I am going to get, after playing the same things for 1000 times you will know
Topic Starter
Ketsakura
I am just saying it could be an option if you want, I can study it. Ill make the Active PP calculator myself.
riktoi
You can already see your accuracy/combo so I don't see a reason why you would need to see such information.

Also:

abraker wrote:

For it to be able to do that, it must calculate the results per hit. Currently it calculates results only at the end. In order for this request to work, first realtime results calculation needs to be implemented.
Myxo
Man I don't want to be the one who is always saying "just play for fun and don't care about those stupid pp" because I am not the most active player... But honestly, just play a map to the very end and then look how much pp you got, it may be a good or bad surprise sometimes, but isn't that part of the fun? We don't need everything calculated while playing, there are already lots of numbers on the screen that are often hard to understand for newbies.
otoed1
I don't see the point of this. If your looking at something that tells you how much pp your going to get then your going to get. This just seems kinda pointless imo.
-Lunatic
Aren't you a little obsessed? O.o
CelegaS
Actually we dont have a "pp max" field on website or ingame. Devs dont add that for some reason maybe. So imagine if they should implement a real time pp counter when we are playing. We will never see this.
[ Koutei Monev]
Instead of having the counter, you could organize collections by pp. I did thia to avoid getting frustrated every time I use tillerino, this way I only used it one per map
Topic Starter
Ketsakura
It was just a suggestion. A PP counter. That's all.
Kuki

Desperate-kun wrote:

Man I don't want to be the one who is always saying "just play for fun and don't care about those stupid pp" because I am not the most active player... But honestly, just play a map to the very end and then look how much pp you got, it may be a good or bad surprise sometimes, but isn't that part of the fun? We don't need everything calculated while playing, there are already lots of numbers on the screen that are often hard to understand for newbies.
totally agree, tillerino is fine as-is, implementing something into the game like this would ruin it imo
Minhtam
A PP counter during gameplay? Why would you look at anything other than hitcircles during gameplay?
efdu_DELETED
This would be so cool!
Pituophis
This is a neat idea. It would be distracting for me though.
Tachibana
could have an off function just like the fps counter for people that are easily distracted
K a Z o
Upvoted 8 times just because i really like the idea. I'm always asking myself if i should finish the song with hidden when im already having a score with non-hidden. For the people that get distracted you can add a option to toggle it on and off.
Hakj3r
If something like that was implemented, I would get distracted by it a lot. For me it would be enough if the game at the results screen shows how much pp each play gives. Thanks to that it wouldn't be needed to go look for that in "top ranks" list.
2280578_old
play only for FUN its the best way ^^
Orion
I don't think having an active pp counter would be very helpful. I do like the idea of seeing how much a map is weighted. Like the max amount of pp that can be obtained (per mod basis; if I switch to hrhd the value should change too). Also color coordinating the maps based on possible rank gain would be nice for low-mid rank players but for high-top rank players this could make the game pretty bland in retrospective...
Darth_Mula

2280578 wrote:

play only for FUN its the best way ^^
:D
Megapcmx
I do not think this is good at all, because the development and operation of this feature could cause some problems to the gameplay,
The constant calculation of "pp" can produce a performance issue in slow computers.
Endie-

Kuki wrote:

Desperate-kun wrote:

totally agree, tillerino is fine as-is, implementing something into the game like this would ruin it imo
^this
Scarlet Evans
I don't support idea of having real-time changing PP counter, as it could eat too much of PC and maybe cause some lag, BUT I would really love the idea of "Max PP".

How I see this idea:

You could toggle it on/off in options, then to apply it you would need to "process all your songs" with F5. While adding new songs or updating current ones, it would just calculate it then, so there would be no need to keep calculating it over and over again.

There's still much of free space next to "CS:v AR:w OD:x HP:y Stars:z", so we could add "PP:x" there. This would be maximum PP we can get from the songs, with is for 100% Acc and max combo.

What do you think about this?

Also, we could have some !command that would work similar to Tillerino, that could give us more detailed info, if Max_PP is not enough :)

I give my star support :)
Riot
I think I should be shown only in pauses or spinners
:P
I just hope that this gets implemented
Sailor Mercury
I think that this is a genius idea. Although, it could take up more computer power which is something I'm personally not concerned about. But the fact that a large amount of the player base don't have the time to work their asses off to buy a superbuild PC (or even just a gaming PC) might blow the feature away for some users. But it's like what people say when others QQ about FPS lag in other games, "Get a better computer."

Have all my stars. :D