forum

Pewdiepie just posted the video.

posted
Total Posts
show more
Green Platinum

abraker wrote:

1:05 -- Touhou, not anime, TOUHOU!!
Exactly anime has the capacity to actually be good.
dionzz99

abraker wrote:

Drama aside, I'm a bit offended that he throws the term "anime" left and right just because it looks like anime.

2:41 -- No, piediepie, pippi is not anime (though I wish she was in one)
4:11 -- PIPPI IS NOT ANIME!!
Video description: "LET's GET ANIME WITH OSU!" -- I am banging my head on the keyboard if you can't tell
And his vid is called "ANIME AF." -- WTF... I'm done

i didn't notice that but yeah..
after i re-watch it.. its pretty much me

just hell man , the reason why osu got f**ked up community probably because all of you are separated with your own opinions and you keep debate about it.
i would stand in the middle because i know both sides have their own good thing and bad thing and i prefer not to talk about it and let the time decide.

EDIT : unimportant stuff : i already predicted that he'll play osu since 1 year ago when #osu randomly discuss him.
OzzyOzrock
The only thing this provoked was people trolling as if they came from pdp and mass idiocy. I see nothing else different.
Nameless
I feel that we should be more worried about copyright since osu! is bound to spread now that PewDiePie has played it.
BigEarsMau

abraker wrote:

Drama aside, I'm a bit offended that he throws the term "anime" left and right just because it looks like anime.

2:41 -- No, piediepie, pippi is not anime (though I wish she was in one)
4:11 -- PIPPI IS NOT ANIME!!
Video description: "LET's GET ANIME WITH OSU!" -- I am banging my head on the keyboard if you can't tell
And his vid is called "ANIME AF." -- WTF... I'm done

^yep that's exactly how I reacted to that

also, his video title and thumbnail is really misleading. oh cmon, ANIME AF? That has nothing to do with a rhythm game like osu, why don't you try "CLICK THE CIRCLES" at least? that would be much more fitting and cr8tive

and what's up with him screaming "animmmeyyy animeeeee WOOOOOOO"? you can clearly see that he doesn't just play anime songs

can he get more cringier than this?

I bet that pewds will make another video like this sometime later
Ameth Rianno

BigEarsMau wrote:

^yep that's exactly how I reacted to that

also, his video title and thumbnail is really misleading. oh cmon, ANIME AF? That has nothing to do with a rhythm game like osu, why don't you try "CLICK THE CIRCLES" at least? that would be much more fitting and cr8tive

and what's up with him screaming "animmmeyyy animeeeee WOOOOOOO"? you can clearly see that he doesn't just play anime songs

can he get more cringier than this?

I bet that pewds will make another video like this sometime later
why are you raging

mappers are tv sizes af
Sey
Osu is bound to spread anyway, especially in Japan. Pewds lately uses misleading titles and/or clickbait thumbnails for all his videos. 'Anime af' is a thing to him lately, he uses that for almost everything as a joke. Nothing will change just because Pewds played osu, the most immature part of his fanbase would leave osu again right away.
zyvik

Nameless wrote:

I feel that we should be more worried about copyright since osu! is bound to spread now that PewDiePie has played it.
This.
I'm not a lawyer, but there might be a lot of copyright claims and tons of songs can disappear thanks to that one video.
Swim or sink indeed.
Athrun
I cried.
Edtron

Raiken- wrote:

He only play Solo.

As guest.

OK.
Keep in mind he has 40 million subscribers to keep happy. Which means he has to upload a variety of content daily. He plays multiple games, so he can't invest in 1 game only. That's probably the only video he's going to upload of Osu!, so he's not going to make an account for a game he'll probably never play again.
Athrun

Nameless wrote:

Honestly, that is the one thing I am worried about. Majority of osu! songs are all copyrighted music. If osu starts getting overpopular, companies like A1 pictures and singers like One Ok Rock will soon be filing tons of DMCA notices.
Secretpipe
inb4 50 Millions players in December
Cyclohexane
this is honestly the greatest thing to ever happen to osu! in a long time

i can barely hold back the tears of laughter, not from the video but from the reactions people are having

in this thread alone you've got people with pony avatars, league of legends lingo and anime kits complaining about some cancerous fanbase invading their precious haven that is osu!

the irony is delectable

and the fact that he calls everything anime is legitimately great because that's what people would assume at a first glance (touhou, vocaloids, shit like that)

yeah it's not anime, but people who aren't in that kind of crap don't care and they shouldn't care -- and call you a nerd while they're at it

this goes all the way back to '08-'09 when we were having debates about if osu! is a western or eastern game, now the question pretty much answers itself but the anal devastation from the video is exquisite especially when i see stuff like "oh osu! is mainstream now" even though it's been that way for like three years; we're getting 15k people online a day when back in the day bancho would crash when it got over 1000

guess what there's a pretty good chance most people who watch pdp don't give two fucks about anime or clicking circles and will let the game rot in their desktop after two weeks. not to say that this won't cause prime shitposting from 12 year olds but the arguments between them and the hardcore anime experts will be grandiose

future's so bright i gotta wear shades
Cendrillon
To be honest, the trend will die out soon, and if not, it's actually profitable for peppy, because more player = more people buying supporter = more cash

The only thing we'll need to worry is our "legal" music, although prob we'll be fine because after 8 years we're still good, right?
FuZ

Mr Color wrote:

i can barely hold back the tears of laughter, not from the video but from the reactions people are having

in this thread alone you've got people with pony avatars, league of legends lingo and anime kits complaining about some cancerous fanbase invading their precious haven that is osu!

the irony is delectable
Just this. Thanks fellow frog eater
Jazz

Mr Color wrote:

the irony is delectable

and the fact that he calls everything anime is legitimately great because that's what people would assume at a first glance (touhou, vocaloids, shit like that)

yeah it's not anime, but people who aren't in that kind of crap don't care and they shouldn't care -- and call you a nerd while they're at it

this goes all the way back to '08-'09 when we were having debates about if osu! is a western or eastern game, now the question pretty much answers itself but the anal devastation from the video is exquisite especially when i see stuff like "oh osu! is mainstream now" even though it's been that way for like three years; we're getting 15k people online a day when back in the day bancho would crash when it got over 1000

guess what there's a pretty good chance most people who watch pdp don't give two fucks about anime or clicking circles and will let the game rot in their desktop after two weeks. not to say that this won't cause prime shitposting from 12 year olds but the arguments between them and the hardcore anime experts will be grandiose

My thoughts exactly
Smilyt1

Mr Color wrote:

the irony is delectable

this
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
puxtu

Raiken- wrote:

He only play Solo.

As guest.

OK.
he actually has an account http://puu.sh/kPERe/07c4fa55dd.jpg
Stefan
Before we're getting back I'd like to leave some words:

It is indeed not so comfortable to chat at the moment in #osu, obviously because there's suddenly a huge increase of people in the chat where conversations are hard to follow or to continue. However, Pewdiepie's community are also reading the chat and the forum. And it's more than disrespectful to rant about them, outrageous and cynical. You should not be forced to like that PDP played osu!. You're also not forced to like his community but to tolerate it and just wait a bit.

Because from what we've seen in the past this is just a phase of a maximum of two weeks. They won't change anything in the community, at least not in the amount people are overdramatise. Please stay civil, please do not bash them. you either don't want that too.

Unlocked by OP request.
Nameless

zyvik wrote:

Nameless wrote:

This.
I'm not a lawyer, but there might be a lot of copyright claims and tons of songs can disappear thanks to that one video.
Swim or sink indeed.
You don't need to be a lawyer to know this shit; it should be fairly obvious.
tiamus

Stefan wrote:

(...) However, Pewdiepie's community are also reading the chat and the forum. And it's more than disrespectful to rant about them, outrageous and cynical. You should not be forced to like that PDP played osu!. You're also not forced to like his community but to tolerate it and just wait a bit.
We should just treat everyone like we wanted to be treated. You, whoever you are, wanted to be accepted in the chat or in the community and that's totally fine.

Although I can understand the fright about "this" community. Please consider that there is always someone who just came here and just wants to see how Osu! is.

And in case of rude behavior, just ignore it. Most of the people just log in, check it out and maybe 20% stay. and probably of those 20% are half of them who are just people like you and me.
Gumpy
They will leave soon enough if they feel the game is not for them.
I doubt any "DMCA" is gonna happen, I doubt the record holders for songs in this game even watch pewdiepie.
Nameless

tiamus wrote:

We should just treat everyone like we wanted to be treated.
So I should treat everyone like a King/Queen?

Gumpyyy wrote:

They will leave soon enough if they feel the game is not for them.
I doubt any "DMCA" is gonna happen, I doubt the record holders for songs in this game even watch pewdiepie.
Some, not all, will likely find out if osu! does continue to grow on YouTube, but that's unlikely since you can't really commentate and still play well on osu!, and the majority of the fanbases for these gaming channels want commentary. We'll just have to wait and see.
tiamus
Ahm.... Atleast better as a queen or king treats a pawn.
Topic Starter
Xayne

Nameless wrote:

tiamus wrote:

We should just treat everyone like we wanted to be treated.
So I should treat everyone like a King/Queen?

Yes. You can start with me.
Nameless

Xayne wrote:

Yes. You can start with me.
1v1 me in Club Penguin first of all.
Cyclohexane
stefan brought up a good point in his little number earlier

people are probably going to judge books by their cover and dismiss people that admit themselves as pdp fans before getting an actual opinion out of them.

pdp fans have the reputation they have because some individuals shit up places with stupid posts -- in fact it's already happened, as far as I can tell by browsing the wasteland. but as with anything in life generalization brings nothing good and seeing every pdp fan as a clueless kid smashing his keyboard is akin to assuming everyone with an anime avatar here makes AMVs of Naruto in windows movie maker with Linkin Park or Evanescence music. And probably writes Yaoi fanfiction about it too.

point is, don't call people retards before they actually start being retards
ngbeslhang

puxtu wrote:

Raiken- wrote:

He only play Solo.

As guest.

OK.
he actually has an account http://puu.sh/kPERe/07c4fa55dd.jpg
Found it: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/animufan1969
Registered and last seen 2 months ago.
VanillaVilla
Welp, I guess we are going to get a lot of new Osu! players in a very short time, I hope the server can handle it because I remember some problems with the Hunger Games Simulator after PewDiePie made his video on that.

In all honesty though, I like PewDiePie and his videos, and the publicity can't hurt, right? :P

Edit: Copyright issues are being brought up, I hadn't thought of that, hope nothing bad happens :?
abraker
I'm starting to get sick of people talking about copyright and osu!. I see why peppy becomes frustrated at the community about that. It has been brought up so many times and always has the same answer.
Destiny
Unplayable
joebob2068

abraker wrote:

I'm starting to get sick of people talking about copyright and osu!. I see why peppy becomes frustrated at the community about that. It has been brought up so many times and always has the same answer.
And that answer is?
abraker

joebob2068 wrote:

abraker wrote:

And that answer is?
NOTHING! Nothing will happen. We will still receive occasional DMCA and that's about it. It is unlikely that we will get a swarm of DMCA notices from 20+ record labels.
Feiri
Does anyone know how many new users osu got during the first 24 hours following the upload of the video?
I think it's around 30k.
abraker

itisanosu wrote:

Does anyone know how many new users osu got during the first 24 hours following the upload of the video?
I think it's around 30k.
The usual. It was ~7.030M when I found out about the vid.
Feiri

abraker wrote:

itisanosu wrote:

I think it's around 30k.
The usual. It was ~7.030M when I found out about the vid.
I'm pretty sure the amount of osu accounts are increasing at an "unusual" rate.
RBRat3
Only thing I liked was the headbang... meh
Rilene
At least osu! server isn't even at 50% during the peak of current users.
Surono
really.. get to problemo
Offdensen
None of the songs are copyrighted (well,some.)
I figured out a way of how to acutally view them.
Switch from youtube.com to youtube.co.uk
your welcome
show more