forum

Muramasa - Road to Heaven

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
YuiiMugii
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Wednesday, September 22, 2010 at 3:12:21 PM

Artist: Muramasa
Title: Road to Heaven
Source: OboroMuramasa
BPM: 162
Filesize: 3491kb
Play Time: 01:43
Difficulties Available:
  1. Muso (2.46 stars, 98 notes)
Download: Muramasa - Road to Heaven
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
First real map.
This map was fairly difficult to try adn do, due a lack of a clear beat to actually be heard through most of the song, yet it somehow works.

NOTE: I'm still in the process of adding more things and making changes to the map [AKA making more difficulties, making skin, etc.]
So please bear with hoa the map currently is until I get the things up and ready.

Fell free to make suggestions on improvments to the map.
luckydog_old
Okay, when I read that this was a song from Muramasa I thought, "impossible!" But I thought I'd give it a try.
Just out of curiosity what difficulty are you planning on making it? Because I had a bit of trouble adjusting to the triplets at the beginning.
However, where the finish sound effect is used (at 1:16:992) is it sounds really good.

I had a quick check of the tempo. I found it to be at 155.98 with an offset of 74. I may be wrong, but feel free to check it.
I hope this helps.
Topic Starter
YuiiMugii
Thanks for the advice.

So far, if I can actually manage to get some creativity and find a way to do so.
I plan on making two other difficulties, Shura (hard) and Shigurui (insane).

But I am still reworking the map.
I'm still learning the processes though (because so far, the only thing I'm good at is making skins).

But yeah, I'll work on it more.
luckydog_old
Ah, good luck on that. It takes a while to get used to, but once you've got it, it's a breeze. If you're having trouble, skin it first, then there's one thing out of the way leaving you to only make the maps.

I've found that the easiest way to do mapping is to follow the main melody for normal, drop down to basic beats for easy and then use both for hard. I hope this helps you further as this is a great song and I'd like to see it approved.
Topic Starter
YuiiMugii
Thanks.

I'll take that into mind.
luckydog_old
I had a go at doing an easy one. I hope this can help you in some way.

http://www.4shared.com/file/woTc4dC4/Muramasa_-_Road_to_Heaven_luck.html
Topic Starter
YuiiMugii
Eh, the map was too easy, and too slow paced.
Not to mention most of the rebound sliders (and some of the hitcricles
just sounded really out of place.
luckydog_old
I always make my easy beatmaps really easy for beginners. As for the hitcircles and sliders, really? It seemed alright to me. I'll have to check again.

Well, good luck on the rest of your map.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.