forum

Top ranks pp doesn't sum up to overall performance?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
paolostyle
Hi, I was wandering around the rankings and I found this guy: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/3519770 - as you can see he has 3542pp. But check his Top ranks - it doesn't sum up to 3,5k pp at all, I summed these results up quickly and he has around 1k pp. Can someone explain me how is that possible? Wiki didn't helped me and I'm just curious how does this work. Thanks
Bad Apple
as far as I can see, this seems to be either bugged or cheated, normally such things shouldn't happen. I'm not a dev though, so don't rely on my word too much :D

I've never seen that before, should be a bug IMO :)
[ Kakuja ]
That's not legit, he's hacking or something is extremely bugged.
PakaChan
If he had some scores removed on some maps and he didn't play since then, his pp hasn't updated.
Topic Starter
paolostyle

PakaChan wrote:

If he had some scores removed on some maps and he didn't play since then, his pp hasn't updated.
That's what I thought but the difference is gigantic. It's near impossible he farmed 2,5k pp and all these maps became disqualified...
bizarf
All of the top ranks are 100% full combos too. There's a few songs in the historical list that don't appear in the top ranks either, but I guess those weren't complete runs. Seems odd to play LeaF - MEPHISTO, 79 times and then just drop it.