forum

Camellia - flower of wilderness

posted
Total Posts
show more
I Must Decrease

Priti wrote:

1. 01:20:381 (1) - Wrong snap on tail honey.
rip
I Must Decrease
inb4 dq
Blocko
Snap error confirmed!

Please address the suggestions issued accordingly, and change the difficulty name so at least it relates to the song.
Osuology
ho my shog
dytedy
damn

that shit go0d
Spaghetti
salt of wilderness
Topic Starter
ProfessionalBox

Priti wrote:

OKAY GUYS HEAR ME OUT

THIS DIFFNAME DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE sigh priti please, read the 2 first words in that picture
salt of wilderness
The word you are looking for is Inflorescence. No this is exactly the word I'm looking for

This is taken directly from http://www.dictionary.com/browse/efflorescence

and I am aware that one of it's multiple meanings can be associated with salt, that's what was the deal breaker for me to use this xD

ALSO
01:20:381 (1) - Wrong snap on tail honey. thanks for modding this now that it got qualified so you could point this out :D:D:D ffs im so salty atm
01:25:562 (1) - I'm not so comfortable with this being 3/4 considering how hard it is to properly hit at such high BPM, my suggestion would be just turning it into a simple 1/2. In case you're not changing this, at the very least put a soft hit on the tail of it.
01:32:381 (2,2) - I'm not sure about this, but as far as I'm aware these are close enough in the timeline to be considered unrankable due to the hiding of the slider tail.
01:34:290 (1) - Same as before.
01:40:153 (1) - This should be 1/2 due to the heavy drum sound on the white tick.
01:55:699 (2,3,4) - This should be moved to x:380 y:237 so 2 actually stacks on the previous slider properly.
02:30:949 (4) - If we're being politically correct here, these type of triples are overmapped, but lol who cares it plays well and kinda sounds right.
02:35:381 (5,1,1) - ehhh, the movement here is kind of goofy considering the flow is consistent but you need to change velocity a few times throughout due to the 3/4 sliders, making the whole thing feel a bit off unless you put actual flow breaks into it.
02:39:062 (3,3,4,5) - Again, needs to be moved to be stacked properly but oh well whatever i'll stop naziing now.
04:16:289 (1) - Why is this part ridicilously under hitsounded? i think u forgot to hitsound it lol Yeah after the pattern changes I totally forgot, nice catch
05:21:880 (1) - I kind of hate it when people put spinners in the end, especially when it covers absolutely nothing, spinners have REALLY fast and strange movements, so putting them on essentially NOTHING is just, wrong in a way? if anything, a long slider with low sv would work better, but there isn't even a sound for the fadeout so giving up on the idea completely would be the best choice. Got a few opinons and I decided to do this
Everything that I didn't answer to was denied since eveything else was intentional and thought out in the first place.
Shiirn
Hey! Resident English guy representing.

Nobody uses the word "Efflorescence" anymore. And even then, like many words in the english language, it is a French loanword that has long since lost its original meaning. While its origins as a French and Medieval Latin term do indeed mean "to flower out", it was used to describe a form of mineral deposit just like the modern word "sabotage" actually simply means "a striking (hitting) action (by a person)" but now has come to mean something entirely different.

It's one of those words-that-don't-mean-what-they-seem-like-they-should-mean. Language is rife with those, as it is an ever-changing monster that has only gotten worse as the world has grown more connected and hundreds of languages that had grown relatively indepedently for hundreds to thousands of years suddenly started inter-mingling.

That aside, I find it weird that he changed what I felt was a very adorable and thematic difficulty name. [a very magical flower indeed] was very fitting. It was all lowercase, and it was referencing directly to the style the map performed. Difficulty names don't need to be single-word, in fact, I believe that to be a detrimental way of enforcing standards on people. The name of the very song is not a single word, but a phrase, and all lowercase, at that, which brings a particular theme.

I for one would love to have the original diffname back for the re-qualification.
Topic Starter
ProfessionalBox
Well I think it would be best to revert back into the old diffname in this situation since I agreed with what Shiirn said about the old difficulty name and the current one
Monstrata
Efflorescence sounded nice. Sometimes you have to consider euphony as opposed to simply denotation.
Shiirn
The objective of euphony fits the simple phrase better than a single word, no matter how flowery-sounding, in my opinion, simply due to consistent theming.

Focusing too hard on having a single word descriptor is limiting. But mapping is like that, people intentionally limiting themselves \o/
Irreversible

Shiirn wrote:

The objective of euphony fits the simple phrase better than a single word, no matter how flowery-sounding, in my opinion, simply due to consistent theming.

Focusing too hard on having a single word descriptor is limiting. But mapping is like that, people intentionally limiting themselves \o/ because limiting not to use old words is something completely else
im so efflorescence right now
Topic Starter
ProfessionalBox

Irreversible wrote:

im so efflorescence right now
Iceskulls
flower of wilderness
....wait

flame of wliderness
there we go
-Kanzaki
01:46:290 (3,4,5,6,7) - 04:05:926 (1,2,3,4,1) - I wonder why are these overmapped, were they really necessary, does it actually makes it better?
Shiirn
lol what even

can you not hear the beats there?

He skips over the next musical rotation of that quint beat to have more movement in the following combos.
-Kanzaki
wow lol i couldnt hear it first because of the whole part actually follows drums i didnt notice he changed what he follows
Shiirn
thats ok
Haruto
grats probox and kevin! :D
Side
nice
Squigly
its about time u qualify this u lil shit :B
Evening
the scaled down bg looks pretty bad, have a better one

comparison

cropped + scaled down with fixed ratio

source
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php? ... d=44975852
Harbyter
nice bg

suggest what evening posted
DeletedUser_500696
Really cool map! If it gets dqed can you take a look at the slider at 03:29:380 (3) - ? The slider preceding it is 3/4 so switching to this 4/4 slider sounds a bit out of rhythm. Suggest adding a 1/4 circle after it or reducing to 3/4.
XHPLAYER[_]
sahuang
Gratz probox :)