forum

[Archived] Lagspike every 10 - 30 seconds after new update

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[ Violet ]
Problem Details: Before this update, whenever I used cutting edge I got a lagspike every 10 - 30 seconds. It didn't use to happen like this, but it's after the MS thing was implanted instead of FPS shower (I don't remember which update this was but it's ever since then...) and now also since the latest stable version update I get this lag as well. If I go to "fallback" stable it doesn't happen because this MS shower, letterboxing etc.. doesn't exist here so I'm guessing one of those is causing this problem?

My CPU usage does not go up when this lag appears and it happens with or without letterboxing.

When this lag happens the MS shower goes from 0.4ish to 1.x. I ran at stable 2500fps before this update.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: ---

osu! version: 20151016.7 (latest)
Trosk-
Does it actually happen while you are playing? Because it's kind of normal to get lag spikes in the menu, chat, beatmap selection screen, etc.

If you are also getting those spikes while playing, could you press Ctrl+F11 to enable the frame graph, and take some screenshots right after you get a lag spike? Also, you should have an archive name "gl_info" in your osu! installation folder, would be nice if you could provide it.
Topic Starter
[ Violet ]

Trosk- wrote:

Does it actually happen while you are playing? Because it's kind of normal to get lag spikes in the menu, chat, beatmap selection screen, etc.

If you are also getting those spikes while playing, could you press Ctrl+F11 to enable the frame graph, and take some screenshots right after you get a lag spike? Also, you should have an archive name "gl_info" in your osu! installation folder, would be nice if you could provide it.
It happens in-game.

This is a puush with the screenshot and gl_info after the lag: http://puu.sh/kMCoT/1c33100010.rar
Epiphany

Trosk- wrote:

also a screenshot from me :^)
Trosk-
Well... Nothing is appreciable in your screenshot. You should see some kind of spike in the graph after you get a lag spike, like you can see on the image. Try to get a screenshot showing it.

Topic Starter
[ Violet ]

Trosk- wrote:

Well... Nothing is appreciable in your screenshot. You should see some kind of spike in the graph after you get a lag spike, like you can see on the image. Try to get a screenshot showing it.

I think I got it now: http://puu.sh/kMHkg/321eb3f220.jpg
VeilStar
Just to be sure; You're not using F.lux or displayfusion, right? These apps are known to cause periodic lagspikes.
Topic Starter
[ Violet ]

VeilStar wrote:

Just to be sure; You're not using F.lux or displayfusion, right? These apps are known to cause periodic lagspikes.
I've never heard of those apps, so no.
Epiphany

VeilStar wrote:

oh i use flux but it lagged even when i turned it off :P
Topic Starter
[ Violet ]
Still nothing?
chainpullz

VeilStar wrote:

Is this indiscriminate periodic lag or just something that occurs on lower end computers? If so, RIP eyes.
KanoSet
maybe it's related to this t/383398
Trosk-
We would appreciate if you could change your release stream to Cutting Edge, play for a bit of time while getting the lag spikes, and then provide your performance.log archive. You will find it in "Logs", inside your osu! installation folder.