forum

Is specializing on a mod important?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Lapoozza

Rilene wrote:

I wonder why do people take seriously and debate on a game about clicking circles.
To take a break from clicking circles :P .
buny

Rilene wrote:

I wonder why do people take seriously and debate on a game about clicking circles.
You can generalise anything like that, why take anything seriously or debate about anything?

Why take life seriously if we end up dead anyway? Why not just neck yourself now?
ithgyu
No its not important, at your rank you shouldnt focus on any mods, later on playing both dt and hr is helpful both for getting better at the game and for getting ranks
Rilene

a loli wrote:

Rilene wrote:

You can generalise anything like that, why take anything seriously or debate about anything?

Why take life seriously if we end up dead anyway? Why not just neck yourself now?
That's not my point.
buny
You did a terrible job portraying it, then.
ithgyu

Rilene wrote:

Why do you think people take it seriously, its really not hard to figure out, when you invest a lot of time into something, and you enjoy playing to be good, and you enjoy taking it seriously, of course you are going to take it seriously. Some people just prefer not to be filthy casuals.
Rilene

II Jelli II wrote:

Rilene wrote:

Why do you think people take it seriously, its really not hard to figure out, when you invest a lot of time into something, and you enjoy playing to be good, and you enjoy taking it seriously, of course you are going to take it seriously. Some people just prefer not to be filthy casuals.
Well, that's a legit point and reason.

a loli wrote:

You did a terrible job portraying it, then.
Oh man, games are for fun, not a serious business.
"serious fun" is ok but "serious" is not since that is not a point of the game.

It is getting bit out of topic now.
Roxy Lalonde
I'm serious about my practice and how I practice. But i mean, there are priorities and I make sure I enjoy the game. :)

As an umbrella statement I'd say that you should only start specializing in a mod when you can consistently 97% FC 4.9-5.1 star maps (and of various kinds, not just stream maps or jump maps).
chainpullz

Proph Nobster wrote:

I'm serious about my practice and how I practice. But i mean, there are priorities and I make sure I enjoy the game. :)

As an umbrella statement I'd say that you should only start specializing in a mod when you can consistently 97% FC 4.9-5.1 star maps (and of various kinds, not just stream maps or jump maps).
97% on od7 is a joke. If you have that same unstable rate on od9 or od10 your acc will be like 90%. Even od8 is easy in comparison. You should shoot for 99% otherwise your acc with DT/HR is going to be garbage.
Endaris

chainpullz wrote:

Proph Nobster wrote:

97% on od7 is a joke. If you have that same unstable rate on od9 or od10 your acc will be like 90%.
No, worse :x
99%+ on OD7 turns into 90-94% on OD9.8 for me. Can easily get such acc with 110 UR. Sad life.
gh0st-

Barusamikosu wrote:

You should specialize in enjoying game.
Try all the mods. If you like one, then play it, if you don't, then don't play it.

And to whoever said "if you can't read HD at lower AR's, you can't read HD at all"
You gave me an aneurysm.
ZenithPhantasm
pls enjoy game or uninstall
Yuudachi-kun
Get all the pp you can in your skillset and enjoy doing it

wee woow eewooweewoowoeeewooo pp police
Yakuyan
Unless you want to play in tourneys and all that then its kind of a requirement for all mods. Seriously though, why does it matter whether or not you are good at HD or HR or nothing? People who criticize really have nothing else better to do. Play whatever.
Minhtam
I find this topic considerably asinine. Of course you don't need to specialize on a mod. You only "need to specialize on a mod" if you want to. People who say that kind of stuff are the people who think the PP rankings determine how good a player is without realizing that the ranking system can change at any time.
ithgyu

gh0st- wrote:

And to whoever said "if you can't read HD at lower AR's, you can't read HD at all"
You gave me an aneurysm.
He makes my head hurt on a threadly basis
buny

chainpullz wrote:

Proph Nobster wrote:

97% on od7 is a joke. If you have that same unstable rate on od9 or od10 your acc will be like 90%. Even od8 is easy in comparison. You should shoot for 99% otherwise your acc with DT/HR is going to be garbage.
you could have 30 unstable rate and be 80% acc on OD5...
ithgyu
you can have 16% acc od1 with 0 unstable rate
chainpullz

a loli wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

You can't have 99% acc 30ur on od7 and then, going to od5 suddenly have 80% acc with the same hits. But thanks for stating the obvious and taking my words out of context.
Yuudachi-kun
When I say UR I always assume the + and - interval in your hit error is about the same, that way a lower ur is always better acc.

I can never beat +8 -8 no matter how hard I try.
-JaZe-

Khelly wrote:

When I say UR I always assume the + and - interval in your hit error is about the same, that way a lower ur is always better acc.

I can never beat +8 -8 no matter how hard I try.
I have a play that's -8.5 +6.5, so technically, with perfect offset, it would've been within -8 +8 :D

The minus number always seems a bit higher than the plus number for me...
Endaris

II Jelli II wrote:

II Jelli II wrote:

-JaZe-

Endaris wrote:

II Jelli II wrote:

II Jelli II wrote:

Based on my understanding of UR, which is that it is a function of standard deviation, he is *technically* correct. (I will agree that his point is kind of silly, though)
buny

chainpullz wrote:

You can't have 99% acc 30ur on od7 and then, going to od5 suddenly have 80% acc with the same hits. But thanks for stating the obvious and taking my words out of context.
How am I taking it out of context? If anything, you're taking my post out of context as I never said anything about having the same hits, only the same unstable rate.
Low or high unstable rate does not translate directly to accuracy, you must be an idiot if you think otherwise.

Read this again, because you clearly have some sort of disability:

a loli wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

Sure you could get 97% on OD7, that doesn't automatically mean that you'll get a lower acc on higher OD. Unstable rate is the consistency in the beats hit, a 150 unstable rate 99% play on OD7 can be a 99% play on OD10 as well, even if the notes hit were exactly the same times as the OD7 play.

And for all you know, that 97% play could be 5 unstable rate.

Since you're too stupid to comprehend the point of my previous post, I'll have to explain to you the argument: UNSTABLE RATE DOES NOT TRANSLATE DIRECTLY TO ACCURACY, YOU MUST BE AN IDIOT IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE
chainpullz

a loli wrote:

Since you're too stupid to comprehend the point of my previous post, I'll have to explain to you the argument: UNSTABLE RATE DOES NOT TRANSLATE DIRECTLY TO ACCURACY, YOU MUST BE AN IDIOT IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE
Ah, but you seem to misunderstand. I am not arguing over what is possible, I'm arguing over what is plausible. As has been stated, you can have a 16% acc fc with 0 ur on od0. Possible? Yes. Plausible? No. Please take your degenerate arguments elsewhere.
buny
It actually is plausible though, just hyperbole

Back to the main point, unstable rate doesn't determine your accuracy, and I really want to know why you think lower acc means higher unstable rate or the other way around, because unless you're going to refute my point then I'll freely call you whatever the fuck I want.
Roxy Lalonde

a loli wrote:

Back to the main point, unstable rate doesn't determine your accuracy, and I really want to know why you think lower acc means higher unstable rate or the other way around, because unless you're going to refute my point then I'll freely call you whatever the fuck I want.
fite

anyways, if you can comfortably play the map, yeah, UR would determine. but in the case where you struggle on a map even on just a jump or a stream that you started improperly it can take a 99% down really fast.

i mean

reallly fast

why do you think i have 97 acc
chainpullz

a loli wrote:

Because it's silly to pretend they aren't loosely related. I have not given one indication that they are directly related and I don't know why you pretend I have.

Also, a statement cannot be both plausible and hyperbole. For reference:

Plausible
"(of an argument or statement) seeming reasonable or probable."

Hyperbole
"exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally."

By way of being exaggerated the statement is not reasonable nor probable.
buny
It's not plausible because you took the hyperbole literally.

My first post wasn't directly towards the example in your post, it was merely a statement portraying the point that unstable rate is not accuracy.

chainpullz wrote:

a loli wrote:

And for all you know, that 97% play could be 5 unstable rate.
My argument is as valid even if I said 80 unstable rate, which is very plausible.

Also I never said they have no relation at all, unstable rate simply does not equal accuracy. Even if they're indirectly related, that does not mean a lower acc has a higher unstable rate or the other way around.

unstable rate != acc
High unstable rate != lower acc
Low unstable rate != higher acc

I'm not too sure how I can dumb this down any more
vsprite
I play all mods for fun. Mods are there to increase the osu experience and to also set creative scores. I play whatever the fk I want, thats why my top scores look so retarded (some a's and b's)

Also lmao at the nomod nazis. Lmao TRIGGERED.

Lmao ur lmao wtf r u talking about, I have fc's and ss' s on od8+ with 120ur +lmao git rekt