forum

Disable the "are you ready? 3 2 1 go!" intro [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
aznplucky
Hi, is there a way to disable the countdown at the beginning where some dude says "are you ready? 3-2-1 go?" I've seen it in some songs and not others. It would be nice to disable it completely, because it's jarring, clashes with the song, and ruins the "mood" as you're listening to the song and getting ready to play. Thanks.
James2250
Go on the map on edit, click on song setup, go to storyboarding, and uncheck the "enable countdown"

However if it is a ranked map, I don't think there is much you can do about it (if you do it on a ranked map it will say you need to update and the score won't count if you play it)
CheeseWarlock
For any map that doesn't override it, you could replace the skin elements and sound effects with blank files and use that as your skin.
awp

CheeseWarlock wrote:

For any map that doesn't override it, you could replace the skin elements and sound effects with blank files and use that as your skin
FOR NOW

dun dun dun
Derekku
Let me give a clear answer.

You can make your own skin (or just edit an exisiting one) with blank countdown files. These would be count1.png, count2.png, count3.png, go.png, and ready.png. Then, you would need blank wav files for count1s.wav, count2s.wav, count3s.wav, gos.wav, and readys.wav.

The only time that this won't work is when a map has its own custom skin with a countdown. You can manually remove those for the time being, but once osz2 comes out, you won't be able to do workarounds like this.

So, since the majority of beatmaps don't have custom countdowns, you can "remove" the majority of countdowns with this method (although it's still not recommended since the countdown is there for a reason).
LuigiHann
Yeah I suggest you just get used to it. It's a part of the game. It might seem "jarring" now but after a while you won't notice it's there
Topic Starter
aznplucky
Wow, so many replies already! Thanks for all the useful info. Glad to know there's a way to disable it, even if it is a bit of a hack. Maybe I'll try to get used to it for now, and if it's still bugging me in a week, then I'll remove it for the songs I really want to play. I just started playing yesterday and I love this game! :D