forum

How does Osu! run on Integrated Intel HD Graphics?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RivenGod12
Was planning on buying a new laptop that comes with a Intel Core i3-5010U 2.1GHz inside. It uses Intel HD Graphics 5500 and was just wondering if this is good enough to run Osu! without lagging at all and if anyone uses Intel HD Graphics for playing Osu.
ZenithPhantasm
osu can run on a toaster
I Give Up
CPU is more important for osu! than GPU it can run on potato. Disable smooth graphics and get minimalist skin like one I use. Save the frames.
KanoSet

KukiMonster wrote:

CPU is more important for osu! than GPU it can run on potato. Disable smooth graphics and get minimalist skin like one I use. Save the frames.
you would like to disable story board and videos as well for a smooth run
but ye intel 4000 HD works fine for me
A Medic
That's good enough to run osu, you may have to disable a few settings for it to run extremely smooth, but osu doesn't require a very strong computer.
abraker
On a Intel HD 4000 Mobile, on fullscreen I get

11 ms latency on song select on 1080p,
6.7 ms latency on song select on 1600x900 resolution
2.6 ms latency on song select on 800x600 resolution

5 ms latency playing Centipede on 1600x900 resolution
3.5 ms latency playing Centipede on 800x600 resolution
Karuta-_old_1
Osu! runs fine on anything nowadays, and intel graphics runs like an actual graphic card except it usually shares memory with the system RAM and how it does not work well with playstation emulators or something

Note that the performance you get from Intel graphics is dependent on the processor that comes with it

Intel graphics on an i7 is a lot faster than intel graphics on an i5 for example
timemon
I use intel HD 4600 for osu
1ms during gameplay
2-3ms outside of the game

Edit: it's run on 1366x768 with i7 processor
Ekaru
I used to play osu! on a computer with a Radeon 9550 and a 1.8 Ghz processor from like 2004.

You'll be fine.