forum

Toby Fox - Your Best Nightmare

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TheCoffeeLord
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, March 13, 2016 at 6:29:23 PM

Artist: Toby Fox
Title: Your Best Nightmare
Source: Undertale
Tags: game vgm videogame gamemusic soundtrack electronic
BPM: 190
Filesize: 9629kb
Play Time: 03:58
Difficulties Available:
  1. Charm's Heavy Hyper (4.04 stars, 575 notes)
  2. Insane (4.63 stars, 419 notes)
  3. Nightmare (5.84 stars, 952 notes)
Download: Toby Fox - Your Best Nightmare
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Work in progress.... This is going to be an interesting song to map, I can tell.

Plays during the Flowey boss fight in the neutral routes of Undertale.
More difficulties to come.

10/17/2015 - Removed countdown, changed OD from 7 to 8

11/18/2015 - Started work on a hard difficulty

1/13/2016 - Fixed some stupid shit, made some ever-so-slight progress on Insane

3/13/2016 - Added Guest Difficulty
Bites
I full combo'd the map, and pressed ESC because I thought it was over, to exit to the results screen faster... it paused, instead. When I went to press ESC again to unpause it, it took me back to the song select... with no score or replay registered. Great.

Super fun map, though! Keep up the great work - although, I hope you make a harder difficulty. Maybe name it 'Omega-Flowey'?
Topic Starter
TheCoffeeLord

Bites wrote:

I full combo'd the map, and pressed ESC because I thought it was over, to exit to the results screen faster... it paused, instead. When I went to press ESC again to unpause it, it took me back to the song select... with no score or replay registered. Great.

Super fun map, though! Keep up the great work - although, I hope you make a harder difficulty. Maybe name it 'Omega-Flowey'?
Oh no, that's terrible! Haha sure, I'll see about making a harder difficulty.
Drago FNAM
can you put easy, normal, hard, and insane? so tons more people can do it? because well go see cheatreal it's insane as fuck but the creator made all difficulties of it (P.S. awesome job putting this song in osu! ^_^)
Topic Starter
TheCoffeeLord

Drago FNAM wrote:

can you put easy, normal, hard, and insane? so tons more people can do it? because well go see cheatreal it's insane as fuck but the creator made all difficulties of it (P.S. awesome job putting this song in osu! ^_^)
I am currently working on more difficulties! Should be up in a few days.
Drago FNAM
ok 🆒
undo
just have to say that this brings me back to earthbound maps :D also this is really well put together.

this also would be awesome with proper SB :D or different backgrounds to each difficulty
Topic Starter
TheCoffeeLord

K e n d o wrote:

just have to say that this brings me back to earthbound maps :D also this is really well put together.

this also would be awesome with proper SB :D or different backgrounds to each difficulty
Thanks for the insight! I unfortunately don't know how to storyboard, but I will consider multiple backgrounds!
Kujo
When's the new diffs coming out? I'd love to play them!
Topic Starter
TheCoffeeLord

Kujo wrote:

When's the new diffs coming out? I'd love to play them!
I'm sorry! I've been very busy with school and stuff. I'll have a new one out pretty soon, within the next few days. Sorry :cry:
Deconori
I REALLY like the hard mode you added, can't wait until it's finished. Also, could you make the sliders squiggle like they did in the Flowey difficulty during the sirens?
Topic Starter
TheCoffeeLord

Deconori wrote:

I REALLY like the hard mode you added, can't wait until it's finished. Also, could you make the sliders squiggle like they did in the Flowey difficulty during the sirens?
Glad you like it. Sure, I was actually thinking about doing that to the sliders, anyway.
XTheSabreGamerX
I found no errors in this map so far. It's ready for ranking! Goodluck!
Topic Starter
TheCoffeeLord

XTheSabreGamerX wrote:

I found no errors in this map so far. It's ready for ranking! Goodluck!
Thanks! It's refreshing to hear praise :D

I just need to make some other difficulties and complete the mapset and it'll be all set!
Topic Starter
TheCoffeeLord
So I've run into a bit of a problem....

Whenever I try to update this mapset, the "uploading beatmap" window gets increasingly slow as the upload goes on, and eventually displays an error message. I'm not really sure what to do, I've tried swapping out each file in the mapset and still no progress.
-rocket

TheCoffeeLord wrote:

So I've run into a bit of a problem....

Whenever I try to update this mapset, the "uploading beatmap" window gets increasingly slow as the upload goes on, and eventually displays an error message. I'm not really sure what to do, I've tried swapping out each file in the mapset and still no progress.
Have you tried renaming all the diffs and reupload the map?
Topic Starter
TheCoffeeLord

Doctor_Rocket_ wrote:

Have you tried renaming all the diffs and reupload the map?
Thank you!! That fixed it.
Kibben
I can make a hard or normal if you want! Maybe both, but I'll have to see what I can do. Whatever your top priority is, it'll be great!
(I shot a kudosu star! :3 )

Update: Oh, your working on a hard. I can make a normal and/or easy! ;3
Topic Starter
TheCoffeeLord

Kibben wrote:

I can make a hard or normal if you want! Maybe both, but I'll have to see what I can do. Whatever your top priority is, it'll be great!
(I shot a kudosu star! :3 )

Update: Oh, your working on a hard. I can make a normal and/or easy! ;3
That would be wonderful! I'd be down with whatever you feel like making. Hell, it'd be fine if you made another map with a similar difficulty to what I already have.
Kibben

TheCoffeeLord wrote:

That would be wonderful! I'd be down with whatever you feel like making. Hell, it'd be fine if you made another map with a similar difficulty to what I already have.
Thanks! I'll start with a easy then work on the normal when I can! :)
Chiraux
A few tips on the Insane difficulty (I can't beat the Extra difficulty yet XD):
00:33:766 Awkwardly close slider, maybe make that a bit further away to the right and down?
00:47:977 Maybe make them all different combos, so that you can get more HP per slider for that section, as those two sections in the level can screw you up very easily.
01:09:450 Make the slider end a bit earlier but musically sound, so that you can make the sliders at 01:10:871 and the ones after it the same, to avoid confusion.
01:17:345 Maybe make this Circle overlap the end point on the previous slider?
01:19:556 The trill part on the end of this slider is unnecessary
01:24:608 " "
From 01:32:187 to 01:36:924 is too easy and lacks of... anything. This might not be a problem, but it makes the next hard part too easy to miss a few circles and fail.
01:38:187 The Circle here is awkwardly placed, making from 01:32:187 to 01:54:608 a bit hard, as I constantly click that circle early, losing the little health I had from (01:32:187 to 01:36:924). If I survive that part, 01:49 is too easy to sustain HP to live with little health. Maybe use the same thing that I suggested at 00:47:997 to make it easier.
02:12:766 I LOVE THIS PART! Please continue the Insane difficulty, this is a really good level you've made so far.
Good luck getting this Approved, although you probably won't need luck. ; )

What?
What?!
WHAT?!

It's a living.
show more