forum

How long did it take you to beat your first map on insane?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CloudyHue
I'm just interested to see how you guys are standing compared to me. It took me about two weeks to where I could beat my first insane map.
CelegaS
What is you definition of 'insane map', if it's difficutly name so i thing there is insane named diff that can be easy as an easy named diff.
i know after 1year i was able to play ar9, 2years i was able to read correctly ar9 and now i can read ar9.3-9.4 without difficulty.
A Medic
Couple weeks. But remember not all insanes are created equally. I can probably find an 'insane' map that should really be a hard.
Ikillforpies
Well i think a today standard of insane diffs and standard of insane diffs like 4~5 years ago are very different. Since everything past normal was around 4.5 star or 5 star back then. (different rating system)
Pretty sure 4~5 years ago insane diff are like = hard diffs today
Back then it took me like a two week and half to pass a insane diff with a A rank.
To S rank it took me at least a month and a half.
Granger
I pretty much.... started with "Insane" converts since the others would all wind up being wayy to easy? I think i shot up to 5k rank within a few days but i thought its just because theres few players?
iiyo
5 hours
Topic Starter
CloudyHue
Sorry, should've cleared up what I meant by insane. I mean maps that are around AR:8 or so.
Topic Starter
CloudyHue

zSkill wrote:

5 hours
Holy crap. Well it kind of makes sense, you are the top US player after all.
Kingkevin30

CloudyHue wrote:

zSkill wrote:

5 hours
Holy crap. Well it kind of makes sense, you are the top US player after all.
i would also say its pretty much a Day 1 thing if you play the right stuff and get into the game fast
Telstra3G

Kingkevin30 wrote:

i would also say its pretty much a Day 1 thing if you play the right stuff and get into the game fast
Pretty much.
Granger
Like KK said, AR8 is pretty much a day one thing... std's insanes kinda all have AR 9, sometimes AR 8. :v
Topic Starter
CloudyHue
Well now I feel like two weeks is really bad XD
Sorceress
Don't worry about it, everyone improves at a different rate. Just focus on beating your local scores instead of comparing yourself to other players.
Topic Starter
CloudyHue

TomTheWizard wrote:

Don't worry about it, everyone improves at a different rate. Just focus on beating your local scores instead of comparing yourself to other players.
Thanks, that really helps!
-Ryuujii-
yeah, nowadays people improve faster, due to all the high ar popularity. 3-4 years ago ar8 was more popular you could say, it took me about a week to fc my first ar8 map ^_^ , just depends how much practice/time of your life you put into it!
sovy
Like pies said, rating system was way different some time ago. Average or normal insanes were around 4.5/5 stars. I can still remember this one was around 4.6 stars. Took me about^¬°a week~^ Those were some fun times.

bizarf
A few days back in Summer. That was when I took CTB seriously. I used the Marisa Spark (short, but tough) map on Lunatic to train myself for two star songs. It took a while because I hadn't played CTB in a while and the previous experience was just some casual stuff.
Dianthus
Well, I had like 10k plays in std when I came to CtB so it took me like a day or two to FC an AR 8 map, after a few weeks could read and pass most easier AR 9 maps.
Meganekko
Pretty sure i remember beating my first ar8 map after 2 days, first ar9 map was after 5 days. its been 20 days since i started seriously playing ctb. Really enjoying myself so far.
Empress Junko
Started with AR9 Insanes, passed in first few tries.