forum

Spyzatron's Resurrection Tournament! (Final Four!!)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Spyzatron

Edit 6: Semi-finals and Finals!!!!!

• We've made it to the final four!! Congrats to those final four players. I would also like to thank the other participants for taking part in this. A few things about the last few matches though:
  1. Matches are now best of 7, and the map pool has been made bigger to compensate.
  2. To go along with the bigger map pool, the players now get 2 bans each.

I have risen from the dead!! I had to cancel my last tournament abruptly, but now I'm back and ready to throw down!
  1. The plan is a 16 person 1v1 tourney. I want to keep it small for now, but if things run smoothly this time, I will expand this for future tournaments!
  2. This is a 4 to about 5.5 star map pool that is best of 5 until the semi-finals, then it will be best of 7.
  3. There will be four categories for maps: No-Mod, Free Mod, Hidden and Hard Rock. There will also be a Tie-Breaker map.
  4. All times will be in UTC

Important Dates
  1. Closing of Registration: October 17 @ 17:00 UTC
  2. Round of 16 will take place November 7 @ 18:00 UTC (I know it's a long time between signing up and the actual tournament, but that's how the dates lined up for me.)
  3. Quarterfinals will take place November 14 @ 18:00 UTC
  4. Semi-Fianls will take place November 21 @ 18:00 UTC
  5. Finals will take place November 28 @ 18:00 UTC

How it Works
  1. On the day of the Tournament, You need to be online by 18:00 UTC. The referee or I will then set-up lobbies for matches and invite the competitors.
  2. Each person gets to pick 1 warm-up (Under 4 minutes)and 1 ban.
  3. Then it's best of 5 or 7, (depending on point in tournament)
  4. Rinse and repeat!

Map Pool
Prizes!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
  1. I want there to be prizes, but my financial stance is weird at the moment. I'll get back to this later.

Staff
If you want to help, post on the thread or send me a message! I want others involved!

• Streamers:
  1. Spyzatron: Twitch Link
  2. EagleDoge

Map Pool Selector(s)
  3. Pulse
  4. InsaneToe
  5. xDarxen

Referees:
  6. Spyzatron
  7. Pulse
  8. EagleDoge
  9. EliteFourLance
  10. GeeRageWE

Questions?
Just comment or message me! I'm like 99% sure I either forgot something or didn't clarify something.
Minami Hasaki
Name: Minami Hasaki

Look I know it's(my ranking) a bit lower that qualifications, but if it comes down to there being extra room or I happen to get there by time of the tournament, you should sign me up.
- Karma -
Name: - Karma -
Chibi Maruko
Name : syed321
WubWoofBacon
Name:WubWoofBacon
StephOsu
i think 6 star is a little bit overboard for 20k player
i struggle to even pass some of the 5 stars
Asterix-

StephOsu wrote:

i think 6 star is a little bit overboard for 20k player
i struggle to even pass some of the 5 stars
exactly what I thought^
KamiNoKage
Name: KamiNoKage

A bit tentative for this because 18:00 UTC is 4am AEST so please don't be to harsh on me for game times, i wont be able to function that early lol :)

Also, 6* isn't that hard, dunno what you guys are talking about XD
Asterix-

KamiNoKage wrote:

May not be for you, but it is hard for the lower caliber players, especially for those who don't step out from their comfort zone and play harder maps.
KamiNoKage

Pulse wrote:

May not be for you, but it is hard for the lower caliber players, especially for those who don't step out from their comfort zone and play harder maps.

i agree that that is true but i dont think the lower caliber players would be able to stick around until the 6* maps are being played. im not saying that they are bad but the higher caliber players would knock them out before to long.
StephOsu

KamiNoKage wrote:

we are not talking about mash-passing it but actually able to play it with decent accuracy here
Asterix-

KamiNoKage wrote:

Pulse wrote:

i agree that that is true but i dont think the lower caliber players would be able to stick around until the 6* maps are being played. im not saying that they are bad but the higher caliber players would knock them out before to long.
That's true, but some players around your rank are unable to play 6* maps, like I said they don't step out from their comfort zone.

we are not talking about mash-passing it but actually able to play it with decent accuracy here
and like he said, not only able to pass the map, but being able to get a good combo and acc also counts.
KamiNoKage

Pulse wrote:

and like he said, not only able to pass the map, but being able to get a good combo and acc also counts.
well if you dont believe me, im playing now so if you want to watch you can. i am still warming up though
Ale
Name: Bebblx
Omega Cat
Name: Omega Cat
Topic Starter
Spyzatron
I'm not really going up to the 6 star rank. The highest I'll go is probably around 5.5 ish. And those high star maps will be no mod.
SheeNigami
Name: sheenhern
Ok xd
name:natusvincere27
-Martieno-
Name: -Martieno-
Thodderson
Name: Thodderson
Toshinatsu
Name: Toshinatsu
Classwork
Name: ]Bell[
pyun
Name: ]Hestia[
Suhun
Name :Suhun
KamiNoKage

Spyzatron wrote:

I'm not really going up to the 6 star rank. The highest I'll go is probably around 5.5 ish. And those high star maps will be no mod.
are you talking about something like this being the top difficulty?
https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=734339&m=0#scores
Topic Starter
Spyzatron

KamiNoKage wrote:

are you talking about something like this being the top difficulty?
https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=734339&m=0#scores
Yeah, right around there is fair.
Winderain
Name: Flutterfanter Rank: #22,175
Meganekko
Name: -KuriyamaMirai-
- D3XIEZI-
Name: - D3XIEZI-
Ameyy
Name : Milady

PLEASE ACCEPT ME I LOVE YOU CHUCHCUCHCU
twingkioyee
Name: twingkioyee
I Will Tablet
Name: I Cannot Tablet

First tournament, going to be exciting :)
Spice_old_1
Name: Spice
selfhate
Name: Selfhate

*i got a very low play rate because i had to play 1 year without internet im not smurfing.
Arthias
Name: Arthias_SK

I hope it will happen this time. :)
MichikoYumiOSU

Spyzatron wrote:

[notice]Edit 2: Each round will be every Saturday, therefore making this a 4 week tournament.
  1. I want this to run as smoothly as possible, as well as try and get as many matches on stream as possible. This also allows me to have a different map pool for each round! Fun right? I hope so.[/b]
[/notice]
[notice]I have risen from the dead!! I had to cancel my last tournament abruptly, but now I'm back and ready to throw down!
  1. The plan is a 16 person 1v1 tourney. I want to keep it small for now, but if things run smoothly this time, I will expand this for future tournaments!
  2. This is a 4 to about 5.5 star map pool that is best of 5 until the semi-finals, then it will be best of 7.
  3. There will be four categories for maps: No-Mod, Free Mod, Hidden and Hard Rock. There will also be a Tie-Breaker map.
  4. All times will be in UTC[/notice]
    [notice]How to Sign Up!

• Just post this!
    1. Name:
    2. Rank:

It's that easy! BUT if you are a cheater or smurf you will be disqualified! I will be checking profiles as well.[/notice]
    [notice]Bracket

• Bracket will go up 48 hours after closing of registrations. The bracket will be done with a random generator.[/notice]
      [notice]Important Dates
    1. Closing of Registration: October 17 @ 17:00 UTC
    2. Round of 16 will take place November 7 @ 18:00 UTC (I know it's a long time between signing up and the actual tournament, but that's how the dates lined up for me.)
    3. Quarterfinals will take place November 14 @ 18:00 UTC
    4. Semi-Fianls will take place November 21 @ 18:00 UTC
    5. Finals will take place November 28 @ 18:00 UTC
    [/notice]
    [notice]How it Works
    1. On the day of the Tournament, You need to be online by 18:00 UTC. The referee or I will then set-up lobbies for matches and invite the competitors.
    2. Each person gets to pick 1 warm-up (Under 4 minutes)and 1 ban.
    3. Then it's best of 5 or 7, (depending on point in tournament)
    4. Rinse and repeat!
    [/notice]
    [notice]Map Pool
    1. Map Pool will go up 48 hours after closing of registrations.
    [/notice]
    [notice]Prizes!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    1. I want there to be prizes, but my financial stance is weird at the moment. I'll get back to this later.
    [/notice]
    [notice]Staff
    If you want to help, post on the thread or send me a message! I want others involved!

• Streamers:
    1. Spyzatron: Twitch Link
      Map Pool Selector(s)
    2. Pulse
      Referees:
    3. Spyzatron
    4. Pulse
[/notice]
[notice]Players Registered:[/notice]
[notice]Questions?
Just comment or message me! I'm like 99% sure I either forgot something or didn't clarify something.[/notice]

Name: MichikoYumi

I am not going to be available of the qualifications. You want me to be in the tournament by 2:00 pm my time, I will not be able to make it till 4:00 my time and maybe even sundays on some tournaments. But I want to be able to join so can you free up the time so I can make it?
show more