Actually passes AiAe SHD loses 150 pp

ty based pp system this is why nobody plays you no more
akuma123
That's why people should't play for PP, also HT shouldn't give PP neither
Aqo
>playing HT for pp

pig disgusting
Bobbias
HT giving PP is fine, as long as it gives a sensible amount of PP. It's only usable for a few extremely PP heavy songs anyway.
akuma123

Bobbias wrote:

HT giving PP is fine, as long as it gives a sensible amount of PP. It's only usable for a few extremely PP heavy songs anyway.
Fine, but when DT wil give PP D:
Topic Starter
Hinpoppo
Should just remove ranking system

:^]
aaaa
Bobbias

akuma123 wrote:

Bobbias wrote:

Fine, but when DT wil give PP D:
Whenever the new SR system goes into effect would be my guess. It IS being worked on, even if it doesn't seem like it.

Either way, nobody should 100% trust things like SR or the PP value of a map to be completely accurate, regardless of how good the algorithm might be.
abraker

Hinpoppo wrote:

Passes AiAe SHD with HT 96% 378pp
Actually passes AiAe SHD loses 150 pp
Wasn't this fixed with the support of multiple scores?
Kamikaze

Bobbias wrote:

Whenever the new SR system goes into effect would be my guess. It IS being worked on, even if it doesn't seem like it.
http://ask.fm/Tom94/answer/133131856078
Do not hope for that.
Ayaya
This random thread just turned into a ranking system debate LMAO
Topic Starter
Hinpoppo

Ayaya wrote:

This random thread just turned into a ranking system debate LMAO
Because why have a ranking system if it's misleading?
/waiting for a 4k wrist jacky ranked map
Saerdna
lol im ahead of you again
Karukami
Happened to me too, with speedcore 300, and will happen again with Aiae when I manage to pass it someday... if only... :?
ARCskieZ
I'm pretty new to o!m (started little more than a month ago) and its really frustrating to see and hear that the ranking system is so flawed.
I mean I play for fun and all, but part of it is seeing that you improve and how you measure against others.
I really have two problems: all keymodes are in one ladder together.
Thats total BS.
I mainly play 7k and just daddel 4k maps whenmy fingers are tired or I want a bit of change.
PP wise my 4k plays are worth way more than my 7k scores even tho for me a 2.4* 7k map is way harder than a 4k map with that diff.
I don't wanna say 4k is easy, but it requires a complete diff. skillset than 7k, but they are weighted in 1 ladder.
Second problem: Starrating is way off...nothing new I know but a 2,5 LN spam map is way harder (and way worse) than a nice chart with alot of dense patterns (for me).
I can see why people are turned away from o!m and its so niche.
I have tons of fun tho...just stings a bit that your accomplishments aren't really shown via ranking.
Tidek
Well, atleast shit pass wont give you 375pp+ :/

And no, Im not defending that pp/SR system which is actually shit too :/
Bobbias

ARCskieZ wrote:

I'm pretty new to o!m (started little more than a month ago) and its really frustrating to see and hear that the ranking system is so flawed.
I mean I play for fun and all, but part of it is seeing that you improve and how you measure against others.
I really have two problems: all keymodes are in one ladder together.
Thats total BS.
I mainly play 7k and just daddel 4k maps whenmy fingers are tired or I want a bit of change.
PP wise my 4k plays are worth way more than my 7k scores even tho for me a 2.4* 7k map is way harder than a 4k map with that diff.
I don't wanna say 4k is easy, but it requires a complete diff. skillset than 7k, but they are weighted in 1 ladder.
Second problem: Starrating is way off...nothing new I know but a 2,5 LN spam map is way harder (and way worse) than a nice chart with alot of dense patterns (for me).
I can see why people are turned away from o!m and its so niche.
I have tons of fun tho...just stings a bit that your accomplishments aren't really shown via ranking.
1: Ranking in any form is not necessary in the least for a successful rhythm game. Stepmania and O2Jam both have no built in ranking system of any sort and have far worse difficulty measurement systems as well (although there has been some work to improve things in stepmania, it's not part of the client, but an external website).

2: Peppy has clearly stated that there will not be separate leaderboards.

3: We ALL know just how broken SR is. Trust me.

4: Honestly, o!m is far less niche than any other rhythm game I know of. Unless you count RB/GH, which I'm not counting here.
Topic Starter
Hinpoppo

Tidek wrote:

My HT score (97%) should be less than or equal to the score I have now tbh lol.
250pp maybe? I don't see how Mama MX 96% should be worth more than a pass on AiAe lmao
lenpai

Hinpoppo wrote:

Tidek wrote:

My HT score (97%) should be less than or equal to the score I have now tbh lol.
250pp maybe? I don't see how Mama MX 96% should be worth more than a pass on AiAe lmao
Kinda prevents pp from lucky or spam passing in some songs. Although the pp given is still relatively very low.
Got 400+ pp in maniera HT. Passed it normally and i get 250pp :(
Gesk
That's why I stopped trying to improve my HT scores. And actually, I think even spam pass is better than HT S