forum

Ocelot - TSUBAKI

posted
Total Posts
show more
ZiRoX

Shiirn wrote:

Respect is a two-way street.

Don't expect to get any if you don't give it. I certainly don't.
I agree with you, but if both parties shield on this statement then it's a freaking neverending circle. You have to externally stop it at some point.
CLSW
Are those 'Filibuster mods' even certain 'mods' tbh? I can't make sense.

Mod is for improving the maps' quality, not to force to change with their style. And I think it depends on the mapper's decision based with mapping style.
Ascendance
... No more dq pls
MBomb

Shiirn wrote:

Respect is a two-way street.

Don't expect to get any if you don't give it. I certainly don't.

I see no reason to have mappers forced to reply to every piece of honest-to-god filibuster mods like it isn't obvious they're massive wastes of time.
I don't see how it helps anyone if there isn't a proper response, honestly. The modder learns nothing, and also many people look at mod responses to improve their own modding, so this doesn't help them either. If the modder is rude, you can tell them that, but still respond to their mod. If HW had done this, even if their response was as disrespectful as parts of the mod (Although they shouldn't be, as I would assume HW would know better), it would be fine.

Ascendance wrote:

... No more dq pls
This probably won't cause a dq, as HW did look over the mods apparently, it's just that a proper response would be better.
Topic Starter
Hollow Wings

ZiRoX wrote:

In my opinion, this shouldn't have been requalified as some people's mods haven't been addressed properly in the following reply:

Basically:
  1. The response to Kathex's mod (p/5112749) is plainly rude, and doesn't address the issue brought up by it.
  2. WORSTPOLACKEU's mod also got pretty ignored after bringing up lots of concerns (p/5121844). Even if some points brought by him/her lack proper explanation ("plays bad"), some others look valid and shouldn't be ignored just because you "quickly read the mod and saw the majority of them were poorly explained". Also, stating some stuff "can't be regarded as a mod" is rude, especially considering (judging by his kudosu count) WORSTPOLACKEU isn't an experienced modder. and also why i'm rude for that response but modders won't be rude for that "mod"? WORSTPOLACKEU isn't an experienced modder is not a reason.
  3. Xexxar brought up several concerns with the map (p/5133943), just to be replied with a "show no issues". Not satisfied by the answer, he re-posted it (p/5156146) to get a proper reply, which was also ignored when re-qualifying. and they already got their proper reply for their proper mod, i've told that.
Even if their mods aren't the best, you don't like their suggestions, or whatever reason you might have, they used some of their free time looking at your map and trying to improve it in their eyes. That should be respected and their mods deserve a proper response. and the map should be respected to recieve mod.
it always blocks mappers' progress like ridiculously that mappers have "responsibility" to explain why this pattern here and why that pattern there. yes, mappers should do that if it really cause some controversial thing, but almost every time, they are just explain obvious stuff like striked by questions in "how you can be sure that 1+1=2 is correct?" style. it's a really tired work to do in every map's thread again and again like doing same works over and over. mappers are more like teachers to tell flesh people why here and why there because they are just asking, and if they don't response they will be offended like "you dare ignore my mod?" which really pissed off mappers, and those ones who asked the question just like have no concern about how mapping works or learn to understand the map before just ask what they can't directly be aware of to let mappers solve their own problems. something like "why this jump is not same to that jump even in similar pattern style in original song's tracks?" which obviously can be generally answered back like "if you wanna same jumps in same gaps you should shout at all maps which don't use distance snap, can you please at least notice that every object in the map can emphasis different things even in same rhythm part, which is also the reason why we have so much maps without distance snapping nowadays?", and for some godly hell that's something every mappers or modders should have known. i've seen lots of talent mappers complained it because that phenomenon in community, which should be the true pity of the whole game.

am i forced to response those "mod"? you probably won't tell if you got endless "i can't understand this jump here." style "mod". no offence to no experience modders, but the result is still like i got no valueable advise and see no point from those posts, so i did what i could to feedback.

map is not perfect, true, all maps won't be perfect and need improvement, you can shout at ranked maps, too.

find issue, i'll fix.

thanks Karen and Monstrata for checking this map the 2nd time.
Sotarks
ReGratz!
riffy
Stay on topic, if you have nothing to say about the map itself - don't post.
Enon
nice ranked!
Mismagius
grats on ranking, this map truly deserves it :)
UndeadCapulet
finally made it, yay :>
Kroytz
good map! <333
Nathan
grats~
Otau Oto
This map is not cancer. It is amazing. U are a good mapper. GG folks
Kayla
i love this map first off, and i generally like most hw maps. i think theyre innovative and pretty and play nicely.
asside from that, i wonder if some sort of discussion should be started on what slider velocity should be allowed in ranked maps? although i like tsubaki, it seems impractical to expect people to acc many of these sliders. lots of other maps have quick sliders so im not poking fun at this map, its fun to play even without accing, but i just feel like just as ninja spinners are unrankable, its as bad to make unaccable or rather this greedy to acc slider combos?

thoughts? i know highest ranked pass is 95% acc rn D:
Lainey
I got killed in chat like 3 times saying this map is great
worth it
Frey
graaaaaaaaaaatz!!
sahuang
FINALLY
Underforest
congr-

late
Kaipl