forum

TaTaCon?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bramble
I'm looking to buy a TaTaCon or something similar to use for Taiko, because let's be honest, that sounds sooooo much more fun than keyboard (even though I'll probably still main keyboard...) My concern here is the latency, because from what I've heard is that there's a very noticeable amount of latency. Are there any ways to decrease this to the point where it at least ALMOST feels like a keyboard's latency? Even if not totally, I can use the offset wizard at that point and make it feel fine, but I can't do that at say....50 ms latency or w/e. Thanks guys :3
MMzz
All depends on what tatacon you actually buy. (PS2 era or the bluetooth ones for wii/wiiu

A PS2 tatacon with the right adapter (better adapter = less latency) will be fine for casual play. Just remember they are pretty old, but can be modded for better performance.

I'm not sure about the bluetooth ones though. It has support within osu! (but its like 5 years old and probably hasn't been updated) They have better hardware and are most likely built better but, PS2 is cheaper. Smart choice if you are just going to have fun and not take it seriously.

BUT IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY AND KNOW FOR A FACT BLUETOOTH WILL HAVE DECENT LATENCY:
http://www.amazon.com/Taiko-Tatsujin-ex ... B00PA4MZWM
Kurokotei

MMzz wrote:

All depends on what tatacon you actually buy. (PS2 era or the bluetooth ones for wii/wiiu

A PS2 tatacon with the right adapter (better adapter = less latency) will be fine for casual play. Just remember they are pretty old, but can be modded for better performance.

I'm not sure about the bluetooth ones though. It has support within osu! (but its like 5 years old and probably hasn't been updated) They have better hardware and are most likely built better but, PS2 is cheaper. Smart choice if you are just going to have fun and not take it seriously.

BUT IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY AND KNOW FOR A FACT BLUETOOTH WILL HAVE DECENT LATENCY:
http://www.amazon.com/Taiko-Tatsujin-ex ... B00PA4MZWM
^best tatacon, I have one of these and omg it's awesome